Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

26 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We're playing Rotherham n Co, ask Winks to perform at Youri levels if we hopefully return. You simply cannot compare the 2 situations. It's great to see us at the top of the league but the season isn't over yet, arrogance and complacency certainly won't help either.

Rodgers had lost the dressing room but in the end we were relegated because the collective weren't good enough. We've lost Youri, Madders and Barnes. Throw in Castagne and Cags on top and this squad is weaker no question. 

However, it's a new dawn and we're trying something different. It hopefully will come off but the gulf between championship and Prem is huge. 

Burnley were the Harlem Globe Trotters of the league last year and barely getting a sniff. I'm just being realistic. Doesn't make me less of a supporter of the club.

What are Youri levels? He was worse than anyone in the league for the last year and a half. ****ing hell even the last must win game against West Ham there's clips of him barely jogging back when West Ham chased an equaliser. I don't think Winks has any issues reaching those dizzy heights. 

I don't miss one of that pathetic bunch from last season. Everything about Winks and even Coady is what I want from the club going forward. If you don't want to play for Leicester then I don't care how good you supposedly are. 

Just now, Aleksz said:

Torn between “this will never happen not even WE are that stupid” and “Ornstein doesn’t get things wrong”.

Problem is I do think we are absolutely that stupid to do something like this

Would just seem like such an "us" thing to do after last seasons sh!tshow

Journalists get things wrong, football is ridiculously dynamic with so much relying on so many things. 

But this isn't the first time we've heard about KDH moving on nor about how ****ed we are. 

Let's see how things develop

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

we will get a b-tech kdh in o’hare come in. Bank the other 25m. 

I can see this happening 

If you get O’Hare from Cov for 5 million, we should propose a motion in Parliament for your immediate replacement of Rudkin

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And he's never been reliable on Leicester 

This is not correct.

He was correct on Fofana and he got Maddisons new contract with us before anyone else as two examples.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't see how you spend 8m on Coady, 10m on Winks, 7m on Mavididi and 5m on Mads and 7m on Cannon 37m in the summer to be desperate for money in January.

I also think we would have let the likes of Nacho and Ndidi go cheap.

Add to fact we have cashed in on 150m worth of players in the last 2 seasons

Exactly, and look how quickly we sold players to facilitate those purchases.  If they were genuinely prepared to sell KDH they'd have done it weeks ago.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Problem is I do think we are absolutely that stupid to do something like this

Would just seem like such an "us" thing to do after last seasons sh!tshow

It'd be just our arrogance to think we are already pretty much promoted so may as well cash in now. 

Same line of thought as the "Why spend on a keeper when we've got Danny Ward, not like we are gonna get relegated are we?"

• Like 1

Let's be honest if it's £30 mill price tag he isn't leaving. Whilst an elite championship player he's mid table prem standard. Brighton don't stump up those sort of fees often. Imagine they're at 20 Mill level for him 

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Over stretched ourselves last summer, comforted by FFP not having led to any points deductions and punishments and now extremely worried?

It doesn't make sense but neither did the summer of 2022 either.

But if FFP was a problem in 2023, why would we be spending when in 2022 (when it actually was a problem) we spent nothing?

38 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I've woken up. I'd quite like a buy-out by the super rich at this point. I'll sell my soul for it.

I have to ask !!!

How much do you think your soul is worth on the open market ???

58 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I presume it was expected we would get a fee for Daka and Soumare. Neither are going to happen. I had a feeling we had to let another biggie go, and KDH is the only one left. 

But that contradicts current thinking.  If we were prepared to spend 37M on the strength of future sales, then surely we could spend 2M on the strength of literally selling anyone in the future?

Just now, SecretPro said:

Thats comedy gold. Brighton are a cracking club, playing European football with a world class manager, decent ownership and a good squad. Sure, they aren't at their best right now, but they will be well ahead of us if we get promoted next year. 

Exactly where we were two seasons ago. If they fail to qualify for Europe again they’ll have a bloated squad on big wages and will need to sell like we did for reasons of FFP. If players don’t want a wage cut they’ll see out their contracts and leave on frees. Seem familiar? We were the model club once. They’re just the next. Then comes the fall. 

• Like 1