Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

25 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

There's plenty that suggests we need to sell including our manager saying it.

He didn't though. He said we need to sell to bring in.

“We need to sell to bring in. At the end it’s not difficult because we are happy with the squad. But with internationals and injuries, we are short. But we don’t definitely have to sell.”

• Like 3

So strapped for cash that we're selling a key asset in January but at least we have £7.5m Conor Coady inspiring the dressing room to such an extent that we wet the bed anytime we have a big game. Good one Rudkin. 

Edited by Poznan34
  • Like 1

Just now, foxes1988 said:

“We need to sell to bring in. At the end it’s not difficult because we are happy with the squad. But with internationals and injuries, we are short. But we don’t definitely have to sell.”

His presser had  absolutely no indication there was "trouble at 'mill'

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We dont get to spend all the money on the sales we made. They are used to cover the horrific operating losses we have, which were made far worse by ending up in the hellhole that's the Championship.

But again, selling him now is not as good as selling him in the summer, so it makes no sense.

Oh, but right, the club has no sense etc etc :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

He was visibly pissed off with the Ipswich sub, muttering under his breath. 

Perhaps he was pissed off with his performance?

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

He was visibly pissed off with the Ipswich sub, muttering under his breath. 

He probably wanted to just stay on the pitch

Enzo was right to sub him though seeing as he hadn't trained for a week, even with the final result

Just now, moore_94 said:

He probably wanted to just stay on the pitch

Enzo was right to sub him though seeing as he hadn't trained for a week, even with the final result

He probably should have done. If he’d have stayed on I reckon we would have won

1 minute ago, foxes1988 said:

“We need to sell to bring in. At the end it’s not difficult because we are happy with the squad. But with internationals and injuries, we are short. But we don’t definitely have to sell.

This last bit has to relate to a bid being received for KDH.

Brighton have also had a nice gap in their fixtures to you know, facilitate time to discuss transfers between the various parties within the club.

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

He probably should have done. If he’d have stayed on I reckon we would have won

We have had enough injury issues recently as it is, we can't just run our star players into the ground when they have just been missing training with injuries

Edited by moore_94

Just now, orangecity23 said:

Awright me ode? Big John Rudkin here. Just on me way back to Seagrave with Enzo. He's waving at me and mouthing the word "SENSI" for some reason. **** knows.

Errm. Anyway. I'm behind the cameras, he's in front. Talking about a three man midfield, and he says my transfer business is slow. Well I don't want to. Not one bit.

Just coming off the 46, thinking about Keirnan Dewsbury Hall, and all the cash I wasted on Bouba Soumare.Cerrr-azy.

Enzo's starting Praet against Birmingham. I think he knows what's coming. Do you?

And there he is Foxes fans. There he is.

Shall I do it? I fancy it, but he'll give me a right bollocking, won't he? But yeah, yeah. I do fancy it for the FFP. Big time.

**** HIM. I'M GOING FOR IT, I'M GOING FOR IT. I'VE SOLD HIM OFF, ENZO IN'T SEEN ME YET.

AHHH! ENZO! HELLO! HE'S GONE NOW, HE'S GONE NOW!

Well best be off back to me office, gotta negotiate with Brighton. They are gonna have my pants down. Enzo did not, did not, look Happy. Ceeeerrrrrr-aaaazy.

👏  👏  👏  👏 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lillehamring said:

But again, selling him now is not as good as selling him in the summer, so it makes no sense.

Oh, but right, the club has no sense etc etc :rolleyes:

Well, depends. Again, all any of us can do is add 1 + 1 and make 3, but how about:

• Player isn't happy (i think hes looked pi55ed off for a while). Maybe there has been a nibble and the club thinks now is a good time to do it if a certain price is met (presuming they have something else lined up if this goes through). 
  • The market is changing. Little is happening this transfer window. If this trend continues (and if FFP constraint everywhere get tougher) then maybe the max value we can get in the summer is predicted to be less than one of those nibbles now.

KDH is pure profit. The club could be looking at our points position, looking at Akgun and Sensi (and maybe another), looking at Alves/Braybrook, and thinking the risk/reward favours cashing in. The danger is the club feks this up, the players head is turned, and we panic and sell him for £15mil.

Football often makes no sense, but what we do know is that the future of this club is selling players from the academy.  Now might be a better time than in the summer.

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The thing that really worries me about this is the fact it's Brighton specifically. Forget all the horse shit about this being wrong - Ornstein is the best in the business. Better than Romano who this forum seems to hinge on.

Brighton's entire modus operandi is about well calculated decisions. They aren't some impulsive clowns like Forest or Everton who just bid for everyone. Brighton will have done this knowing that we're in a weak position - well I didn't realise it was quite this weak.

I could entertain it if I could rely on us to have a proper contingency plan in place - but give me strength. We still haven't even got Sensi in.

The ‘best in the business’ reported this time last year that Liverpool were in the best position to buy Mason Mount from Chelsea. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:
  • Player isn't happy (i think hes looked pi55ed off for a while). Maybe there has been a nibble and the club thinks now is a good time to do it if a certain price is met (presuming they have something else lined up if this goes through). 

He's not looked happy all season but I've thought its because his nose has been put out of joint since the Maddison clique was broken up and we brought in some stronger characters.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Guy just has resting bitch face / just looks like a mardy arse in general

Don't think it particularly means he is unhappy

Looked happy plenty of times as well throughout the season so far

Agreed, his Instagram is very pro Leicester, always interactive with the clubs posts etc. He just looks moody!

• Like 3