Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Guy just has resting bitch face / just looks like a mardy arse in general

Don't think it particularly means he is unhappy

Looked happy plenty of times as well throughout the season so far

Only when Madders is sending him selfies :). But you are right, he's always had that face on. 

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Agreed, his Instagram is very pro Leicester, always interactive with the clubs posts etc. He just looks moody!

Pretty sure the clubs have a big say in their Instagram. He's a local Leicester fan, no reason not to be pro the club. But that doesn't mean your head might not get turned when a 'better' opportunity comes along.

Gone from Enzo being disappointed and shocked that Chelsea recalled Casadei unexpectedly, then saying how short we are in the middle of the park to we're selling Keirnan Dewsbury-Hall with 5 days left of a window and absolutely no bastard idea who we're replacing him with, or if we even can..

I know it's us, and we're liable to some absolute incompetence.. but the more you think about it, surely, we can't, can we? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MPH said:

But he never said in either of those that the said club was going to sign  anyone?

the second one was even worse… someone  jumped to that conclusion just be him saying Arsenal we’re getting confident a deal could be done. 

bad examples, I’m afraid..

OK, did he day KDH will sign for Brighton?

No.

Did he said Brighton were interested,

Yes.

Same as Man U were interested in Maddison and Arsenal were interested in Youri.....

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

8.31 Expected Assists - 1st in the Championship 

1.23 Smart Passes per90 - 2nd in the Championship 

0.90 Key Passes per90 - 2nd in the Championship 

Would be difficult to replace his creative input this late in the window.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Thats comedy gold. Brighton are a cracking club, playing European football with a world class manager, decent ownership and a good squad. Sure, they aren't at their best right now, but they will be well ahead of us if we get promoted next year. 

Brighton will be mid table next season & probably not in Europe. We’ll also be aiming for mid table safety should we win promotion.

The model of buy cheap, pay low wages and sell them for lots of profit is a cyclical one that Brighton can’t sustain forever as Leicester couldn’t. Brighton potentially splurging £30m on KDH is already a clear departure from the buy cheap model that has given them some success (without actually winning anything.)  I also struggle to see how a low wage playing club is likely to retain the services of a manager like De Zerbi for too long (If he’s world class as you suggest) - he’ll be head hunted within 12 months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

So much shitting the bed on here tonight. There is a lot of nonsense being chucked around on pure speculation.

All I would say is, if we do have to.go.down this route, I'm sure it would be with a plan for a replacement, o'hare perhaps, and if it happens, although I'm sure he'd probably not like it, I hope its with enzos consent 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

So much shitting the bed on here tonight. There is a lot of nonsense being chucked around on pure speculation.

Based on many reliable and reputable sources saying the same thing..

It literally makes no sense to sell in January and, although we’ve taken some poor turns as a club, I can’t remember us selling a key asset mid season for a long time. Sell for £30m now or hope for promotion and get £100m+ in extra revenues. 

I can’t really understand it from the players point of view either. If we were a team who weren’t in the mix maybe, but we’re right in it. In fact we’re leading the charge at the moment. If he waits to the summer he can see what progress we’ve made and probably have many better options than Brighton. European football? They’re currently battling for a Europa League or conference place. They really wouldn’t be that far ahead of us IF we go up. FFP will ensure that Brighton fall back into the pack some point soon like it does all the clubs outside the rich six. 

Makes no sense and I’ll be disappointed and angry if it happens. Unfortunately that doesn’t mean it won’t! 

21 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Well, depends. Again, all any of us can do is add 1 + 1 and make 3, but how about:

• Player isn't happy (i think hes looked pi55ed off for a while). Maybe there has been a nibble and the club thinks now is a good time to do it if a certain price is met (presuming they have something else lined up if this goes through). 
  • The market is changing. Little is happening this transfer window. If this trend continues (and if FFP constraint everywhere get tougher) then maybe the max value we can get in the summer is predicted to be less than one of those nibbles now.

KDH is pure profit. The club could be looking at our points position, looking at Akgun and Sensi (and maybe another), looking at Alves/Braybrook, and thinking the risk/reward favours cashing in. The danger is the club feks this up, the players head is turned, and we panic and sell him for £15mil.

Football often makes no sense, but what we do know is that the future of this club is selling players from the academy.  Now might be a better time than in the summer.

More reasonable than earlier comments, but there's still a lot of speculation here.

I'm not bothered about him going if there are signings lined up - but even a positive chap like me would be inclined to think this isn't the case, and certainly it's cutting it a bit fine if it is like this.

Whatever happens to the market between now and the next window remains to be seen, but it stands to reason that his price will increase simply because he is a PL player (assuming we go up), in the same way barnes and maddison's price dropped.

I can't believe that the club are so uncertain about our chances of promotion that they'd cash in now, just in case we didn't go up - and as we've all conceded, selling him would no doubt have an impact on that likelihood.

I have faith in the board that they do know what they are doing (not that i believe there is any plan to sell him) and that if he does want to go they will sell him on their terms, not his and not brighton's.

If this were to happen, then we must shift out Rudkin immediately.  Only a total moron would allow the season to be derailed when a return to the EPL is in sight. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If Connor Gallagher is worth 80 to Spurs, 30 is daylight robbery for KDH. 

Well yes, but every person who follows football must we wondering wtf Spurs a doing talking £80 mil for Gallagher.  Are they mental?

• Like 1

Since there are clear limits related to turnover on what clubs can spend on players, I really wish more transfer fee and wage information was public so that we could all do some North American-style “capology” instead of just being in the dark.

Going from thinking we can make a signing or two, to thinking we have to sell a fringe player before we add, to facing a new reality where we have to sell our most productive midfielder to even function let alone do more business in just one month is, frankly, ridiculous. Way to go, City board. 👏 

• Like 3

Maresca has said that he wont stand in a players way if they want out of the club. KDH has looked pissed for the last few games & it may be that his agent has been shopping him around. I don't have an issue with selling him for 30 large but I do have a problem with the timing. We have to earn automatic promotion this season or things will go sideways for us & I feel KDH is vital to the plan

We’d be honkers to sell him at this point.

I also don’t get the long term appeal of Brighton either. Maybe that’s just me though. 

• Like 1

It's not like the club to make a decision that literally every Leicester fan can see is wrong and will ultimately be the difference between playing in the PL or playing in the Championship. The club has never done anything like that before.

:brendan_still:

Edited by Danizen

“We need to sell to bring in,” Maresca said. “At the end it’s not difficult because we are happy with the squad. But with internationals and injuries, we are short. But we don’t definitely have to sell.”

I don't think he would say this if KDH was off...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If Connor Gallagher is worth 80 to Spurs, 30 is daylight robbery for KDH. 

£40 million is fair value for him, if we are as screwed financially as feared, then £30 million has to be done but it’s a win for Brighton in my eyes. 

31 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Brighton will be mid table next season & probably not in Europe. We’ll also be aiming for mid table safety should we win promotion.

The model of buy cheap, pay low wages and sell them for lots of profit is a cyclical one that Brighton can’t sustain forever as Leicester couldn’t. Brighton potentially splurging £30m on KDH is already a clear departure from the buy cheap model that has given them some success (without actually winning anything.)  I also struggle to see how a low wage playing club is likely to retain the services of a manager like De Zerbi for too long (If he’s world class as you suggest) - he’ll be head hunted within 12 months.

I think people really need to lower their expectations for next season if we get promoted. If financially we are ****ed, then even more so. We will be in a relegation scrap next season, no doubt about it. That's the normal route for any promoted team, let alone one selling assets and not investing in VERY good playing staff. 

• Like 3

It makes zero sense to have players like Dennis Praet still at the club while we offload one of our best players halfway to promotion. 

Surely his stock will rise as a Premier League player with us in the summer.

I think it could be a lot of something about nothing but let's not jump the gun until any sort of bid is tabled

Edited by HybridFox

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

If we did something like that, then the move would be a lot more acceptable, because as good as KDH is, increasing the overall quality of the squad would be pretty sensible both for now and next season. Have we been linked with Whitaker? I could see Gronbaek who we were linked with going for 10M Euro instead of him.

If we lost KDH but then had a replacement, competition for Mavididi and backup for Winks, overall that would be good. Though KDH proved himself in the Premier League as being a good player that can handle the league and physicality.

Personally, I am bricking it right now. This has "sell Fofana and bring in massively worse player with 2 days left of the window and Danny Ward in goal" vibes to it all over again. Losing Casadei, KDH and Wilf probably not available till the end of the season is brutal. Forget the points record, it's all about limping over the line...

Think that's exactly how I feel. My real underlying anger is that I've no faith in the people at the club to pull this off. Look how long it's taken just to sort Sensi (and it isn't even yet finished!!!).

We'd probably buy Sensi and loan some Liverpool winger.

• Like 1