Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

8 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

It makes zero sense to have players like Dennis Praet still at the club while we offload one of our best players halfway to promotion. 

I think it could be a lot of something about nothing but let's not jump the gun until any sort of bid is tabled

Makes lots of sense. We need the money, and a club is willing to pay for KDH. No club is remotely interested in Praet, so he sees out his contract. If we could get 20 mil for Praet, they would have sold him 3 weeks ago.

• Like 1

Ornstein reported on a player we were bringing in as an exclusive, we’d be licking our lips as if it was already done. 

Does KDH need a new contract ? Not really. 

Are Brighton in for a similar other player who may actually be first choice and “interest in KDH” may speed that up. I don’t think they are. 

This has legs. Be interesting to see if it happens for him. We won’t replace this window I don’t think. 

It’s a shame what Top, Rudkin and the board have left us to become after Vichai gave us so much to dream. Now fending off Brighton for our best player.  Ah well. My faith is in Enzo and only Enzo. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

OK, did he day KDH will sign for Brighton?

No.

Did he said Brighton were interested,

Yes.

Same as Man U were interested in Maddison and Arsenal were interested in Youri.....

that’s not the discussion though is it?  

you were quoting him and saying he was   wrong.  And he didn’t say anything ‘wrong’  in any of the tweets you quoted.

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Think that's exactly how I feel. My real underlying anger is that I've no faith in the people at the club to pull this off. Look how long it's taken just to sort Sensi (and it isn't even yet finished!!!).

We'd probably buy Sensi and loan some Liverpool winger.

What makes me angry is the lack of transparency with fans. It was the same last season too. Everyone makes mistakes, and this ownership has given us incredible times. I think most fans would actually cut them quite a lot of slack if they admitted to problems, but they are radio silent. Maresca to be fair to him has reiterated that we need to sell to buy. But I'm not convinced he's being given the full message either. Something is wrong with the chain of command at our club and how this has happened I am not quite sure.

Over the last 2 seasons fans have seen Schmeichel, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and Soyuncu leave. Now KDH. Plus a relegation on top of that! How are fans NOT going to be upset?

The situation could still be salvaged, but it's hard to trust anything that comes out from the club.

• Like 4

I'm very relaxed about this, I really can't see us selling arguably the best player in the Championship for £30m in the January window. If someone wanted him desperately and were offering too good to refuse money then yes but £30m isn't it.

If we want to sell for whatever reason we'd still get something around that in the summer. We're only 8pts ahead of third with 18 to play, no way do we put that in jeopardy for what is a reasonable fair offer but no more. In the summer then maybe but not now for a player who is integral to us.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Makes lots of sense. We need the money, and a club is willing to pay for KDH. No club is remotely interested in Praet, so he sees out his contract. If we could get 20 mil for Praet, they would have sold him 3 weeks ago.

Fair point on Praet. But surely promotion has to be the big aim here. And we'll be able to command a bigger fee in the summer for KDH as a Premier league player. The cost of this backfiring could be massive.

We've had patchy results of late, the last thing we need now is letting go of our best players to see this over the line. Especially with Southampton, Ipswich and Leeds breathing down our neck.

Those top 4 misses were bad but my word this will sting like hell if we blow it! I'm not sure many would stay on

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

that’s not the discussion though is it?  

you were quoting him and saying he was   wrong.  And he didn’t say anything ‘wrong’  in any of the tweets you quoted.

Its was a bit of fun, but my acutal point was his tweet prove nothing, like those tweet meant nothing.

It's really not that deep.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

But as you well know, the fire sales would need to actually make us money. For Daka last summer, even £15m and we'd have been worse off than keeping him due to what's left on his book value.

I think we'd have actively sold Iheanacho and Ndidi if anyone offered us a decent fee, but again none were forthcoming. The 2021/22 accpunt year (last set of accounts) was the final year of Iheanacho's £25m transfer fee, so that would have been offset. 

I think we could have sold them for 5m each easy, with no amortisation to help the P & L.

Plus probably save 80k to 100k a week in wages which over 30 weeks is between 2.4m - 3m in wages.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

He is the difference between going up and the play-offs

There is also the forward thinking as well, in my opinion he is a EPL quality player.

So the board who over estimates our squad might sell KDH, we replace him with someone not as good, and end up spending more money than we get for him to eventually find someone as good.  :(

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

What makes me angry is the lack of transparency with fans. It was the same last season too. Everyone makes mistakes, and this ownership has given us incredible times. I think most fans would actually cut them quite a lot of slack if they admitted to problems, but they are radio silent. Maresca to be fair to him has reiterated that we need to sell to buy. But I'm not convinced he's being given the full message either. Something is wrong with the chain of command at our club and how this has happened I am not quite sure.

Over the last 2 seasons fans have seen Schmeichel, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and Soyuncu leave. Now KDH. Plus a relegation on top of that! How are fans NOT going to be upset?

The situation could still be salvaged, but it's hard to trust anything that comes out from the club.

This post needs to be flooded with likes, you said it perfect.

To me it feels like all ambition, direction, and forward planning has collapsed with the death of Vichai, and its now kind of going through the motion doing whats needed to keep the club moving along.  Absolutely nothing from the club on its long term plans, financial situation and so forth.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

The ‘best in the business’ reported this time last year that Liverpool were in the best position to buy Mason Mount from Chelsea. 

Might well have been the case at the time. Things move quickly (Unless you're us)

People calling bullshit on this story is just pure copium. There is clearly something in it.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Have no fear lads. I did 10.2k steps yesterday and 11k steps today. Been working out consistently since the season started and in the best shape I've been in years.

Think i could be the first 44 year old plucked from canadian winterland to make a vardy-esque impact at city. Because i love the club so much, i will play for free this season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ornstein reported on a player we were bringing in as an exclusive, we’d be licking our lips as if it was already done. 

Does KDH need a new contract ? Not really. 

Are Brighton in for a similar other player who may actually be first choice and “interest in KDH” may speed that up. I don’t think they are. 

This has legs. Be interesting to see if it happens for him. We won’t replace this window I don’t think. 

It’s a shame what Top, Rudkin and the board have left us to become after Vichai gave us so much to dream. Now fending off Brighton for our best player.  Ah well. My faith is in Enzo and only Enzo. 

Enjoy that while it's still here.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Have no fear lads. I did 10.2k steps yesterday and 11k steps today. Been working out consistently since the season started and in the best shape I've been in years.

Think i could be the first 44 year old plucked from canadian winterland to make a vardy-esque impact at city. Because i love the club so much, i will play for free this season.

Hi Mr Jattdogg 
My name is John Rudkin and we are interested in signing you up, I will warn you we are tough negotiators and FFP is a relevent clause. However we are prepared to offer you a 9 year contract @ $200,000 pw. youll have to keep this quiet as we havent told the manager yet, also you probably wont play but we will pay just to sit on the bench... If you could please return the attached contract  by 14 seconds past midnight on Feb first we will be all set to go.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Hi Mr Jattdogg 
My name is John Rudkin and we are interested in signing you up, I will warn you we are tough negotiators and FFP is a relevent clause. However we are prepared to offer you a 9 year contract @ $200,000 pw. youll have to keep this quiet as we havent told the manager yet, also you probably wont play but we will pay just to sit on the bench... If you could please return the attached contract  by 14 seconds past midnight on Feb first we will be all set to go.

Whats your fax number?

• Haha 1

If this happens along, with the horrendous decisions made by the club over the past two years, means we will be in championship for a fair few years to come. It'll have a negative impact on the squad, give other teams chasing us a lift and demoralise the fan base. 

It's starting to feel like the people in charge are no longer capable of doing the job. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

10 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

If this happens along, with the horrendous decisions made by the club over the past two years, means we will be in championship for a fair few years to come. It'll have a negative impact on the squad, give other teams chasing us a lift and demoralise the fan base. 

It's starting to feel like the people in charge are no longer capable of doing the job. 

Harsh

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danizen said:

It's not like the club to make a decision that literally every Leicester fan can see is wrong and will ultimately be the difference between playing in the PL or playing in the Championship. The club has never done anything like that before.

:brendan_still:

Ah …..you have seen a copy of the report crafted by The Board and given to the Trust in answer to why things went pear-shapedin recent seasons. 

#rudgate

I'm skeptical of this.  How much is a promotion worth, as compared to another season in the Championship with no parachute payments?  It's elusive, but certainly more than 30 million.  Letting KDH go makes absolutely no sense and I feel 99.99% Glover at least is not stupid enough to advocate for it, so if this is happening it's being driven by ownership against the wishes of the football side.  It's possible of course, but just doesn't make sense.

This would be a statement by the Board……

We are even more incompetent than those on FT could ever imagine.  

The next few days will show us all in which direction the current ownership and Board are taking us.

If this happens I would say the financial situation at the club isn't just worse than is generally believed, it's dire.  Othewise why would you do it now vs this summer?  If you're set on selling him, the market for KDH will still be there in June. 

• Like 1