Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Brighton are very calculated when it comes to this stuff. They'll know what they're doing....

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Haven't you melted yet FFS 

Yeah.

Ornstein is one of the most reliable sources in the game and Brighton one of the most well run clubs.

Clearly bollocks isn't it 🙄 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yeah.

Ornstein is one of the most reliable sources in the game and Brighton one of the most well run clubs.

Clearly bollocks isn't it 🙄 

Just a little light humour for an otherwise rather heavy thread

1 minute ago, blue army 1988 said:

In my opinion he must want to leave and the club know it.

If he didn't, we would tell Brighton where to go!

I think this as well, if he goes. Especially with what @Ashleyposted about him almost joining Fulham. 

As someone said, Maresca said we do not have to sell - if that’s not the case, he’s being misled (or he’s giving out propaganda to help bump up the fee). 

KDH is an incredibly ambitious player. It's clear that he believes he is better than the Championship and has shown visible frustration at the abilities of his teammates this year - most recently at Winks at the end of the Ipswich game when it's clear he blamed certain players for their equaliser. 

Even if we get promoted, KDH will know that we'll be in a battle to stay up next year. So as much as he may love the club, I can absolutely see that an established and upwards PL team like Brighton would appeal to him. A team like that is where he thinks he should be, and leaving his boyhood club is less important than his personal ambition.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think this as well, if he goes. Especially with what @Ashleyposted about him almost joining Fulham. 

As someone said, Maresca said we do not have to sell - if that’s not the case, he’s being misled (or he’s giving out propaganda to help bump up the fee). 

Even if we did "have" to sell, we wouldn't be allowing an starting 11 and up and coming player to leave for just 30 mil

59 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ok, to spell it out to the sell him and take the money, it’s fine people.

We were already light in central midfield all season and it was an area we needed someone this month. We now have Ndidi out for more than just AFCON so that is needed even more.

Casadei then goes so we need two in that position to just break even. 

If KDH went, as well as losing double figures for goals and assists, we would need three, yes three, coming in in midfield. It is the 27th January and we’ll be lucky if we get one.

If this happens, we will absolutely not be ‘fine’. We haven’t already done enough to go up, we have 3 teams on our tails. If this move gets sanctioned it will 100% derail us and we will be in this league next season and that is not negative or hyperbole.

Hopefully for this reason, this is just talk and the club won’t be stupid enough to do it but until the window ends, I won’t be sure given we are such a clown club these days!

Absolutely bang on. 

If the club make this decision, it will be another absolutely horrendous one to add to the pile. Surely the club can’t put themselves in the position? Financially, promotion is a necessity…. And this would compromise this. Like you eluded to, this club have taken things for granted before, Rodgers being the prime example.

What appears to be happening here (more latterly), is we get so far and when it comes to taking that next step to take things to the next level, IE, confirm top 4, survive relegation and potentially promotion, we don’t do what’s necessary……. We just adopt the “we will be fine” approach, and just hope for the best….. nonchalantly lurching from one poor decision to another. 

Is it becoming more apparent that Rodgers threw his toys out the pram for a good reason? Because I can imagine Enzo will stand for much ****ing around either, if this is what is genuinely going on at the club, then he will get fed up and probably walk at the first opportunity. 

Interesting week ahead..

• Like 1

It would appear f@cking around over £2m for a crocked player has shown a ruthless well run club how desperate we are. And enzo isnt lying about needing to sell to bring one in as he is openly saying in the press, you almost sense his annoyance about it too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I think people really need to lower their expectations for next season if we get promoted. If financially we are ****ed, then even more so. We will be in a relegation scrap next season, no doubt about it. That's the normal route for any promoted team, let alone one selling assets and not investing in VERY good playing staff. 

Aiming for mid table as a promoted team is not an unreasonable expectation or goal even if obviously the first aim is of course to avoid relegation. We were only six points off a ‘mid table’ position last season. We finished on 34 points, Wolves in 13th finished on 41, Chelsea in 12th on 44. Aiming for around mid table is not unrealistic. Are you seriously telling me that the squads of teams like Bournemouth, Brentford, Palace, Notts Forest and Everton are that much better than us? You give Brighton a lot of praise for one good season  btw. Clearly you admire them and they do play nice football but come on, KDH moving to them would show a lack of ambition on his behalf. 

All this just makes the FFP stuff even more annoying. If we are forced to sell our KDH to balance the books and Forest and Everton aren't relegated I'll be fuming. 

That said. We could sell KDH, watch Everton and Forest come down and be promoted. Surviving the Prem next season would look easier on paper if 2 of Luton, Sheff United and Burnley survive. 

I don't want to see him go. He is one of our best players and drives standards. Yes I'll be annoyed if he does go but the league is still in our hands. I'd also imagine we've deals lined up ready to cover us. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Aiming for mid table as a promoted team is not an unreasonable expectation or goal even if obviously the first aim is of course to avoid relegation. We were only six points off a ‘mid table’ position last season. We finished on 34 points, Wolves in 13th finished on 41, Chelsea in 12th on 44. Aiming for around mid table is not unrealistic. Are you seriously telling me that the squads of teams like Bournemouth, Brentford, Palace, Notts Forest and Everton are that much better than us? You give Brighton a lot of praise for one good season  btw. Clearly you admire them and they do play nice football but come on, KDH moving to them would show a lack of ambition on his behalf. 

Brighton are on an upwards trajectory, they will be finishing in the Top 7 at worst this season. We have outperformed them in recent times but fact is relegation has set us back considerably.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Brighton are on an upwards trajectory, they will be finishing in the Top 7 at worst this season. We have outperformed them in recent times but fact is relegation has set us back considerably.

They've actually had a pretty ordinary season so far and I'm not so sure they are shoe-ins for Europe this season, unless they win something.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

They've actually had a pretty ordinary season so far and I'm not so sure they are shoe-ins for Europe this season, unless they win something.

I would take a pretty ordinary season they are 7th ahead of the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea..

• Like 1

Brighton have had success but are quite capable of 'doing a Leicester' and dropping like a stone next season. He's ambitious but still don't believe he would want away himself. 

Certainly not bothered about signing O'Hare, wouldn't improve the team. 

1 minute ago, SK3Blue said:

Brighton have had success but are quite capable of 'doing a Leicester' and dropping like a stone next season. He's ambitious but still don't believe he would want away himself. 

Certainly not bothered about signing O'Hare, wouldn't improve the team. 

Brighton are a pretty well run club they have a contingency plan if De Zerbi moves on to better things. We have no successive plan we got lucky with Maresca, Rudkin and Top are clueless.

Just now, mozartfox said:

Rodgers and Rudkin.  A masterclass of epic proportions.

There are honestly no words. Yet we shouldn’t have questioned either of them ever.

I always tend to catastrophise when it comes to this club so I hope it doesn’t come true, but I firmly expect a good proportion of our fans to refuse to criticise the running of this club when we are sitting in lower leagues due to the complete neglect and incompetence of these pair.

Joke of a club.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

What makes me angry is the lack of transparency with fans. It was the same last season too. Everyone makes mistakes, and this ownership has given us incredible times. I think most fans would actually cut them quite a lot of slack if they admitted to problems, but they are radio silent. Maresca to be fair to him has reiterated that we need to sell to buy. But I'm not convinced he's being given the full message either. Something is wrong with the chain of command at our club and how this has happened I am not quite sure.

Over the last 2 seasons fans have seen Schmeichel, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and Soyuncu leave. Now KDH. Plus a relegation on top of that! How are fans NOT going to be upset?

The situation could still be salvaged, but it's hard to trust anything that comes out from the club.

Totally agree. Communication with us is so minimal, other than regular exhortations to buy tat from the online shop. Even the social media content is identical every week. Players trot out of Seagrave, do some drills, have a kick about. Nothing on the proposed stadium expansion. Nothing substantive on the club’s overall financial position. I heard Brighton’s DOF give a substantive interview on 5live earlier this season. Ruskin somehow avoids all scrutiny. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

There are honestly no words. Yet we shouldn’t have questioned either of them ever.

I always tend to catastrophise when it comes to this club so I hope it doesn’t come true, but I firmly expect a good proportion of our fans to refuse to criticise the running of this club when we are sitting in lower leagues due to the complete neglect and incompetence of these pair.

Joke of a club.

You’re forgetting Top boy, he’s also culpable.