Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

2 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Brighton have had success but are quite capable of 'doing a Leicester' and dropping like a stone next season. He's ambitious but still don't believe he would want away himself. 

Certainly not bothered about signing O'Hare, wouldn't improve the team. 

I suspect you are right. I’d hazard a guess that they have made a tentative enquiry and have been shocked when we sounded open to a deal, that’s then probably pissed him off/turned his head a bit which I can understand.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Brighton are on an upwards trajectory, they will be finishing in the Top 7 at worst this season. We have outperformed them in recent times but fact is relegation has set us back considerably.

Agreed relegation has set us back but finishing 7th is not upwards trajectory for Brighton. They finished 6th the previous season and they haven’t been as good this season. They’ve got Man U, Chelsea and Newcastle just below them. They’ve won as many games (8) as 11th place Wolves. Moving to a club currently punching above their weight, that buys cheap, pays lower wages and sells high and that hasn’t won anything despite being current media darlings is not an amazing move for a player of KDH’s calibre.

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Rodgers and Rudkin.  A masterclass of epic proportions.

At least the drunken hangover from Rodgers will gradually fade away now that he's gone. Rudkin is still doing shots at 6am.

Edited by Vestan Pance

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Youll never guess who represents kdh, hamza, vardy, enzo, rodgers and callum o hare?

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Agreed relegation has set us back but finishing 7th is not upwards trajectory for Brighton. They finished 6th the previous season and they haven’t been as good this season. They’ve got Man U, Chelsea and Newcastle just below them. They’ve won as many games (8) as 11th place Wolves. Moving to a club currently punching above their weight, that buys cheap, pays lower wages and sells high and that hasn’t won anything despite being current media darlings is not an amazing move for a player of KDH’s calibre.

They have drawn a lot of games this season won 8 draw 8 and lost 5 which isn’t that bad in the premier league at this stage of the season but signing KDH would certainly give them a boost and they will finish higher.

If we get to the premier league it’s all about survival, we just don’t have the investment to compete, I genuinely think the club has to be sold asap, I still felt that last season, we need new ownership if we want to compete in the premier league let alone survive at that level.

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Youll never guess who represents kdh, hamza, vardy, enzo, rodgers and callum o hare?

Hahahahaaa great minds think alike pal.

John Morris has worked on Rodgers coming to Leicester and Enzo coming to Leicester.

He's Vardy's agent and looks pretty intertwined in plenty of Leicester dealings over the years.

If we're in the shit financially, perhaps he's been tasked with raising funds for us and sorting a replacement.

So we sell KDH (one of his/Wasserman) and buy O'Hare (one of his/Wasserman).

Enzo/Morris/DeZerbi/KDH/O'Hare/Sensi 

This is like an episode of Hetty Wainthrop.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

It makes it all the worse when you think almost all of the 30m is already spent on Akgun and Fatawu (I do rate the latter)! we’re absolutely fvcked If big If we go back up without a pot to piss in

We're absolutely not buying Akgun

Went out last night. Hungover and read this. Wtf. Absolutely no. It may well sabotage the rest of our season. KDH was adamant at the beginning of the season that he wanted to get us back up, so why get rid?

I get that the previous model was to sell when good offers come in, but now is really not the time.

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

They have drawn a lot of games this season won 8 draw 8 and lost 5 which isn’t that bad in the premier league at this stage of the season but signing KDH would certainly give them a boost and they will finish higher.

I’m not denying KDH would give them a boost but he should be aiming for a bigger club than Brighton if he leaves us. They aren’t really going to finish higher than 7th this season even if he signed for them. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaaa great minds think alike pal.

John Morris has worked on Rodgers coming to Leicester and Enzo coming to Leicester.

He's Vardy's agent and looks pretty intertwined in plenty of Leicester dealings over the years.

If we're in the shit financially, perhaps he's been tasked with raising funds for us and sorting a replacement.

So we sell KDH (one of his/Wasserman) and buy O'Hare (one of his/Wasserman).

Enzo/Morris/DeZerbi/KDH/O'Hare/Sensi 

This is like an episode of Hetty Wainthrop.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyMorris/with_replies?lang=en

He’s from Leeds :unsure:

£30 million is nowhere near enough to cause us to gamble with our promotion by losing KDH.

And if it was going to happen, it should have happened at the start of the window, not leaving us scrambling to replace him at the end of January.

I don't  know as I don't pay much attention  to these things,but where has all the money gone? 

Didn't we receive £40m in parachute payments ?

What tv money do we get in the championship?

Barnes and Maddison  money?

7 players off our books we no longer have to find wages for. 

I may be very wrong , but surely we shouldn't  need to sell one of our top players ?

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

£30 million is nowhere near enough to cause us to gamble with our promotion by losing KDH.

And if it was going to happen, it should have happened at the start of the window, not leaving us scrambling to replace him at the end of January.

I guess we simply just don't know how ****ed we are

Naturally, you wouldn’t mind if we knew theres was a clear plan in place. I would be happy to let him go, if we had the right replacements coming in. But such are the recent ways of working in our club, it seems unlikely. 

We just leave everything to the last minute, and it’s already bitten us once, are we going to let it bite us again? 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, oz was my hero said:

I don't  know as I don't pay much attention  to these things,but where has all the money gone? 

Didn't we receive £40m in parachute payments ?

What tv money do we get in the championship?

Barnes and Maddison  money?

7 players off our books we no longer have to find wages for. 

I may be very wrong , but surely we shouldn't  need to sell one of our top players ?

Do a bit of googling around our wage bill since 20/21, bottling champions league 2 years running and a guy called Brendan Rodgers.

• Like 1

Well this is a kick in the knickers, absolutely chuffed aren't we. Our head burying board really know how to leave things until the last minute. How about they try a cheap last minute flight out of Leicester and never return. 

18 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

For all of you debating whether Brighton are on the up or not, they are currently and likely to be for a long time, light years ahead of us.

We’ve seen how quickly it can go wrong. These things go in cycles and you’d be hard pressed not to think FFP will also catch up with Brighton.