Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

19 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

For all of you debating whether Brighton are on the up or not, they are currently and likely to be for a long time, light years ahead of us.

Nonsense. They’ve had a couple of really good years while we’ve had a very bad year but overall we’re a comfortably bigger club and there’s no reason why in a couple more years we’d be back competing with them or even higher than them.

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’m not denying KDH would give them a boost but he should be aiming for a bigger club than Brighton if he leaves us. They aren’t really going to finish higher than 7th this season even if he signed for them. 

Would the likes of Pool, Newcastle or Arsenal really go for KDH? Possibly yes, probably no. Maybe Brighton is the best offer he can reasonably expect. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

We’ve seen how quickly it can go wrong. These things go in cycles and you’d be hard pressed not to think FFP will also catch up with Brighton.

I've seen bits of them needing to sell a big one again this summer 

KDH has been very good this season delivering good goal involvement numbers, but in same way so has Ndidi, neither are technically brilliant and as good as both have been, our attacking impetus and advantages often break down due to poor decision making or poor execution. Maybe just maybe Enzo and the club are prepared/happy to let a player go if the offer is decent enough to enable us to go out and bring in 2/3 players that Enzo believes are better suited to how he plays. 

Yes I am concerned how true this is as KDH looks a tough one to replace but I am pretty sure Enzo will have a plan, the worry will be if the decision is being made above Enzo’s head and he has not been consulted or given his blessing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

We’ve seen how quickly it can go wrong. These things go in cycles and you’d be hard pressed not to think FFP will also catch up with Brighton.

They are masters at buy cheap sell high to the big clubs right now. Something we were good at but changed the model to buy high and get stuck with them. 

• Like 1

If this is the only way we can sign anyone. Then I'll go without a January signing. But if this still has to happen regardless. Then our club is totally shambolic. As where's the contingency planning? Don't tell me the broken Italian geezer is the contingency!! We'd need 5 of him to replace the legs on KDH

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Maybe, but what do you recon the odds of them making De Zerbi unsackable while making their average wage bill completely unsustainable and not selling players at the right time?

We will be a case study for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

KDH has been very good this season delivering good goal involvement numbers, but in same way so has Ndidi, neither are technically brilliant and as good as both have been, our attacking impetus and advantages often break down due to poor decision making or poor execution. Maybe just maybe Enzo and the club are prepared/happy to let a player go if the offer is decent enough to enable us to go out and bring in 2/3 players that Enzo believes are better suited to how he plays. 

Yes I am concerned how true this is as KDH looks a tough one to replace but I am pretty sure Enzo will have a plan, the worry will be if the decision is being made above Enzo’s head and he has not been consulted or given his blessing. 

That's some sensible thinking there, I'd keep that to yourself if I where you :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

They are masters at buy cheap sell high to the big clubs right now. Something we were good at but changed the model to buy high and get stuck with them. 

If there's any truth in this then it would mean Brighton's transfer policy has changed on this deal. Buy for £30m (and likely sell-on clause) won't return much of a profit. I think it's all bollox. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Nonsense. They’ve had a couple of really good years while we’ve had a very bad year but overall we’re a comfortably bigger club and there’s no reason why in a couple more years we’d be back competing with them or even higher than them.

What specifically makes you think I’m talking nonsense?

We are very clearly up shit creek money wise which is evidenced this transfer and while in no guaranteed position of promotion, if we do go up, everything I’ve heard suggests we are hoping at best to fluke survival.

Now look at Brighton. They have saleable assets and, as I’ve just said elsewhere, can look at our glaring mistakes as a case study of what not to do.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaaa great minds think alike pal.

John Morris has worked on Rodgers coming to Leicester and Enzo coming to Leicester.

He's Vardy's agent and looks pretty intertwined in plenty of Leicester dealings over the years.

If we're in the shit financially, perhaps he's been tasked with raising funds for us and sorting a replacement.

So we sell KDH (one of his/Wasserman) and buy O'Hare (one of his/Wasserman).

Enzo/Morris/DeZerbi/KDH/O'Hare/Sensi 

This is like an episode of Hetty Wainthrop.

Only Connect

LCFC - Only Connect.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, Spudulike said:

If there's any truth in this then it would mean Brighton's transfer policy has changed on this deal. Buy for £30m (and likely sell-on clause) won't return much of a profit. I think it's all bollox. 

£30m is worth a gamble for KDH. He’s going to have a solid prem career.

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

People acting like this is a done deal. It seems from the article like it’s a long way off. Highly doubt this happens tbh. 

I think the reaction is more frustration, because it pretty much confirms no one else is coming in, unless it’s a late deadline day loan move. I imagine this is something that’s probably been initiated by his agent….. perhaps KDH isn’t happy here, yes he is a Leicester fan, but sometimes your love of the club can also add to disillusionment and make you feel like you need to move on to protect the relationship you have with it. He may have expressed this and his agent knows we need to sell to buy, so it all adds a bit of pressure. 

There’s so many links in football through agents, and it doesn’t take much to get the rumour mill going. 

But, I do think it’s extremely unlikely to happen unless…. 

1. The club have a number of players lined up and ready to go, and the sale of KDH would guarantee them signing.

2. The club and Enzo feel we have enough, in us to go up, even without KDH, and £30m would help balance the books so there’s no FFP stings.

3. The board are satisfied that we’ve had 10 good years, and put the clubs financial health above the teams success, and are willing to gamble on us not going up, and spending a good few seasons in the championship selling a reinvesting into the team and rebuilding it. 

At the end of the day we’re not broke, you wouldn’t be investing into the infrastructure as much as we are if you’ve got cash problems… it’s clear that the club aren’t willing to be stung by FFP again, so won’t do anything to compromise this. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

£30m is worth a gamble for KDH. He’s going to have a solid prem career.

I don't think it's rubbish but at 30 Mill it won't happen,  they're probably at 20ish 

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

What specifically makes you think I’m talking nonsense?

We are very clearly up shit creek money wise which is evidenced this transfer and while in no guaranteed position of promotion, if we do go up, everything I’ve heard suggests we are hoping at best to fluke survival.

Now look at Brighton. They have saleable assets and, as I’ve just said elsewhere, can look at our glaring mistakes as a case study of what not to do.

Exactly. There is the good doing the Leicester and the bad, doing a Leicester. 

No one is doing either any time soon because each are as ridiculous as the other. 

What we did to ourselves in the space of time was suicide. Others will have FFP, financial, poor recruitment issues. But no one is going to have a moronic owner/board to drop like a penny with multiple assets who can fetch £30m north. People can expect the demise of Brighton or whoever but not on the scale of our demise. 

That’s the reality of how badly we have been ran, cared for, looked after under Top and co - whether people want to accept it or not. There’s a drop and there’s a mother****ing, what the **** have you tits been smoking drop. We did the latter. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Being as FFP seems to be a massive issue for us in recent years..

id say there’s every reason that we will not be in any way higher than them in a couple of years..

ppl seem to think winning a few haves in the CH automatically means you succeed in the PL.

We’re miles away from being a PL outfit never mind an established one..

Maybe, if Alves is as good as is being suggested we feel we have a ready made replacement to step in. If so £30M would look appealing to balance the books in respect of FFP

Edited by urban fox

If this happens, it would be the latest blow in a series of bad happenings.

Before Christmas it was wa-hey, HMS Piss The League, Wilf Ndidi is a previously undiscovered world class attacking midfielder, no one scores against us, Vardy still has miles in the tank, we're gonna smash all the records, start preparing for the Prem.

Then Wilf got injured, AFCON robbed some players, we've had one striker fully fit and available for a while, teams have discovered they can score against us, we've dropped points in the big games, Southampton have found their mojo, Hamza got nicked and now KDH is potentially on the way out.

Screenshot_20240127_090218_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.dea91d0550844a7a503ee038fa286987.jpg