Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

Just now, sylofox said:

I don't see any truth in this at all. They may have tested the water but that's it.

I also don't see KDH going to a club like Brighton.

Did you see Tielemans going to Aston Villa or Harvey Barnes going to Newcastle or even Castagne going to Fulham..

OK worse case scenario KDH goes for 30m.

We could sign a couple of player for 5-10m each on 5 year contacts, transfer amortisation for that would be between 2.5m to 5m a year depend on the the purchase price.

So you would have a positive swing of 25m on the books from a ffp point of view 30m KDH fee - amortisation for a couple of players 

If we brought the right replacement it wouldn't be the craziest move.

I just think, we would have been actively looking for replacement and actively looking to sell if this was a FFP thing.

it's feels like more of a out of the blue enquiry from Brighton then a FFP issue.

KDH just doesn't seem to fit with Brightons previous transfer strategy. Their previous record signing was £30m for Joao Pedro who's only young and has the potential to be worth alot more in the future, which is how Brighton like to run things to keep them financially viable. Turn to KDH, and whilst he's having a very good season, he's 25 now so not exactly young and if they did pay £30m, there is no way they would make any future profit on him. I understand that teams aren't going to make a profit on every signing they make but for a club like Brighton to stump up £30m for a player, he'd need to go there and be their best player, which I don't think he would be. Cant see us lowering the valuation and I can't see them matching the valuation.

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Did you see Tielemans going to Aston Villa or Harvey Barnes going to Newcastle or even Castagne going to Fulham..

Youri and Cas ended up with the only clubs that wanted them. The only surprise is Youri getting a gig that high up the ladder.

As for Barnes yes big club with pots of money, why not be in from the start.

4 minutes ago, Gullible said:

BHA in peace…. Came on here to find about this player following the rumours and if he is as essential to your promo campaign as you say then it does seem unlikely. It is highly unusual that anyone knows about a player we are going to sign until the deal is done. We are being linked with an absurd number of players at the moment and 99.9% are click bait. I suspect you have little to worry about.

I hope you guys get promoted. Winning the EPL will always be an inspiration to fans of all clubs outside the entitled top 6 or so. Your (no doubt temporary) blip is also a salutary lesson about enjoying the good times whilst they last. We are definitely doing the latter! I hope you are doing so again soon. 

Best regards

Good luck to Brighton as well. Well ran club who deserve the good times they are now experiencing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

One thing I can see though.

Enzo won't be far behind him if this happens.

I would like to see KDH still here in  five years time.  Although this season, on this forum, I've learned he's a poor player many times, I think he's a top player.  Rodgers under-using him is, imo, one of the marginals of us being relegated and having to consider selling him.  

I hope he remains with us.  We are a far better team with him.

The rules with transfers are  weird that selling academy players, who can be the heartbeat of a club, is an attractive prospect. Would Ecerton had sold Gordon were the rules different?   Would we have sold Barnes (more likely because of our relegation?  Would Chelsea (yes, they have a ridiculous transfer policy anyway) have sold Mount and be considering selling Gallacher?

33 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

They are masters at buy cheap sell high to the big clubs right now. Something we were good at but changed the model to buy high and get stuck with them. 

They are in Europe now, and they haven't been ripping it up this season in PL. They sit 7th just ahead of incredibly poor performing Man U, Chelsea and Newcastle who could all get their sh1t together 2nd half of the season. Unless they kick on, they could be finishing 10th.

For Brighton to kick on, they have to move on from the model and buy some experience. I think KDH will be seen as cheaper end of someone with Europa experience who offers some leadership as well. 

The Brighton model had will become difficult to maintain if they want to consistently challenge for, and compete in Europe.

• Like 2

People overlook the fact that our Finance Director also left in the summer.  I'm purely speculating, but FD's don't generally leave if a business is performing well and the future looks bright. 

Forests FD/COO also jumped ship in the summer.  

I might be joining dots that don't exist, but FD's generally leave before the sh*t hits the fan, so it doesn't sit on their CV. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

There is a huge difference. These players all left a club that had just been relegated, in the summer window, for teams that were still in the Premier League. Not to mention the necessity for LCFC to survive on reduced revenues. 

Now we’re talking about a player leaving in the January window from a team in the middle of a promotion push. A pivotal player in a team currently in charge of its own destiny and with a good chance of an immediate return to the Premier League. 

It doesn’t feel like good business unless we really are desperate financially 

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

They are in Europe now, and they haven't been ripping it up this season in PL. They sit 7th just ahead of incredibly poor performing Man U, Chelsea and Newcastle who could all get their sh1t together 2nd half of the season. Unless they kick on, they could be finishing 10th.

For Brighton to kick on, they have to move on from the model and buy some experience. I think KDH will be seen as cheaper end of someone with Europa experience who offers some leadership as well. 

The Brighton model had will become difficult to maintain if they want to consistently challenge for, and compete in Europe.

They're at a similar point to where we were after our Europa campaign. Squad full of talent, highly priced talent. We decided to try to kick on and bridge the gap and failed.

They're at a similar cross roads currently as there is only so long you can sell big assets and keep replacing them on the cheap.

All the talk about FFP even in March 2023 Rob Dorsett in his article stated "I've been told that Leicester are not close to any breach of Financial Fair Play, despite such big losses" 

I also think if we had breached FFP for last seasons account for the last 3 year rolling period we would have already been changed in the same way Everton and Forest have.

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Where's he off to then?😂

Viccy park rangers probably.

The owners don't seem to have told him how bad finances are. Then sell our player of the season so far, when midfield is a huge problem anyway.

Why would he want to stay other than his wages.

5 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

People overlook the fact that our Finance Director also left in the summer.  I'm purely speculating, but FD's don't generally leave if a business is performing well and the future looks bright. 

Forests FD/COO also jumped ship in the summer.  

I might be joining dots that don't exist, but FD's generally leave before the sh*t hits the fan, so it doesn't sit on their CV. 

Just to counter this, he's gone to Newcastle. He'll have been offered a monumental pay rise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He isn’t good enough for Brighton.

This sounds like bullshit.

He could play in any team.  He may not be the top player in a top team but he would be a more than capable water-carrier.  Brighton are very good but they are not a top side.   If Brighton want him, De Zerbi will probably have a plan how to use him.   

KDH provides fantastic energy.  His ball retention is strong.   He is progressive.  He's a competitor. He is building numbers with assists and goals.  The difference he makes to our team is phenomenal.