Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Just to counter this, he's gone to Newcastle. He'll have been offered a monumental pay rise.

Which also suggests he pretty decent at his job as Newcastle were recruiting off field has been pretty switched on.

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

OK worse case scenario KDH goes for 30m.

We could sign a couple of player for 5-10m each on 5 year contacts, transfer amortisation for that would be between 2.5m to 5m a year depend on the the purchase price.

So you would have a positive swing of 25m on the books from a ffp point of view 30m KDH fee - amortisation for a couple of players 

If we brought the right replacement it wouldn't be the craziest move.

I just think, we would have been actively looking for replacement and actively looking to sell if this was a FFP thing.

it's feels like more of a out of the blue enquiry from Brighton then a FFP issue.

I really don't know why, and i said before, this doesn't feel out of the blue for me. I was expecting it. It's out of the blue in terms of the news hitting the socials but that really shouldn't be seen as unusual.  KDH was one of those linked with PL clubs after we were relegated and he sits in that pure profit situation. I've spent a lot of this season thinking we needed a different player in his position, because he's not great with the ball. If there is an incoming planned, im fine with this in our current position.

I could get my head around the club selling KDH if Enzo had identified 2/3 specific players who would improve the 11 and push us on and the sale would release necessary funds.

The club leaving it this late in the window it doesn’t appear this is the case. More a money grab unfortunately.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

I could get my head around the club selling KDH if Enzo had identified 2/3 specific players who would improve the 11 and push us on.

This late in the window I doesn’t appear this is the case. Unfortunately.

It would be quite unlike us to do get 3 deals done in such a short space of time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zdx said:

KDH is an incredibly ambitious player. It's clear that he believes he is better than the Championship and has shown visible frustration at the abilities of his teammates this year - most recently at Winks at the end of the Ipswich game when it's clear he blamed certain players for their equaliser. 

Even if we get promoted, KDH will know that we'll be in a battle to stay up next year. So as much as he may love the club, I can absolutely see that an established and upwards PL team like Brighton would appeal to him. A team like that is where he thinks he should be, and leaving his boyhood club is less important than his personal ambition.

We will be challenging for the top four next year when we get promoted. :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Would the likes of Pool, Newcastle or Arsenal really go for KDH? Possibly yes, probably no. Maybe Brighton is the best offer he can reasonably expect. 

Yeh I could see any of those three or even Spurs or Man Utd being interested. Is he better than SOME of the players getting a good amount of game time at these clubs? I’d say yes. Look at Skipp at Spurs, Jones at Liverpool, Longstaff at Newcastle, McTominay at Man U, Vieira at Arse. He’s a more influential footballer than all of these and they all get game time at their clubs. I’d say KDH has the confidence to think he could break into all of these team’s starting 11. Whether he actually could is a different matter. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It would be quite unlike us to do get 3 deals done in such a short space of time.

And if we are selling for financial reasons the club arent going to be making much money available. 

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh I could see any of those three or even Spurs or Man Utd being interested. Is he better than SOME of the players getting a good amount of game time at these clubs? I’d say yes. Look at Skipp at Spurs, Jones at Liverpool, Longstaff at Newcastle, McTominay at Man U, Vieira at Arse. He’s a more influential footballer than all of these and they all get game time at their clubs. I’d say KDH has the confidence to think he could break into all of these team’s starting 11. Whether he actually could is a different matter. 

I really rate KDH, love him and don’t want him to go, I would however swap him for any of those midfielders you’ve quoted in a heartbeat!

10 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

I could get my head around the club selling KDH if Enzo had identified 2/3 specific players who would improve the 11 and push us on and the sale would release necessary funds.

This has got to be the case surely, I bloody hope so! 

Edited by wignalll2007

It's probably a need-must scenario, selling a homegrown player allows the club to cook the books, and the £30 million for KDH will be shown a pure profit.  Meanwhile, if Enzo wants a couple of players in, then the costs will be spread over their contracts.  If clubs were made to live financially like the rest of us, then a lot of them would go to the wall.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

100% agreed. was more I could understand the sale if, and it’s a big if, Enzo wanted to strengthen a few areas and we needed to free up funds.

obviously our recruitment record makes that very unlikely even if we had the cash to burn.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I really don't know why, and i said before, this doesn't feel out of the blue for me. I was expecting it. It's out of the blue in terms of the news hitting the socials but that really shouldn't be seen as unusual.  KDH was one of those linked with PL clubs after we were relegated and he sits in that pure profit situation. I've spent a lot of this season thinking we needed a different player in his position, because he's not great with the ball. If there is an incoming planned, im fine with this in our current position.

If Sensi is his replacement we're well and truly f**ked.  Sensi looks like Silva mk ll, no physicality and even worse, he's made of egg boxes!  

KDH isn't a great technician but he's got the physicality and engine needed to do well in this division.

If he goes and we don't replace his physical presence in midfield we'll slide down the table quicker than Liz Truss's time in Downing Street.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If it am FFP thing as people keep panicking about it would have been in the making for a good while so I think we would be in a place to move quickly.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just to counter this, he's gone to Newcastle. He'll have been offered a monumental pay rise.

Oh no doubt, but it's a big upheaval to move the family and everything across the country if everything was hunky dory at Leicester.  

Like I said, might be joining dots that don't exist, but it smacked of jumping off a sinking ship. 

8 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Our best player by miles. 

But he isn't really, is he. He has some top of the championship stats which he wouldn't be getting if he didn't have the players around him. Energy is brilliant, but technically he's not a great player. 

• Like 3