Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

1 minute ago, Dames said:

And if we are selling for financial reasons the club arent going to be making much money available. 

This. Making the deal now or at season end with the same accounts period won’t make any difference. Selling your best player will make a difference to chances to get back to the prem and our subsequent income stream. And if it’s that bad we won’t be spending a lot and any player we do get in won’t be replacing his stats, not in January in the last week of the window!

I don’t doubt this being true and I am very worried that once again our club could be that short sighted and cautious that they’ll jump at this chance. If we keep him we go up IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Marky mark said:

Enzo clearly stated we don’t need to sell …..

if he wants to go ( if he ) let him 

won’t be the first or last to go 

we’ll miss singing 🎵 his song but that’s it 

Didn't he say exactly the opposite?

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

There is a fair amount of twitter static that Arsenal are trying to hijack this.

If he ended up at Man City / Arsenal / Liverpool even Man U then fans would be a lot less pissed off. Seeing Maddison go to Spurs, Tielemans to Villa and Barnes to Newcastle was painful. Brighton and Brentford are very well run clubs but I think we finished above the last two every season apart from one! Sadly it really reinforces how badly we’ve fallen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

If he ended up at Man City / Arsenal / Liverpool even Man U then fans would be a lot less pissed off. Seeing Maddison go to Spurs, Tielemans to Villa and Barnes to Newcastle was painful. Brighton and Brentford are very well run clubs but I think we finished above the last two every season apart from one! Sadly it really reinforces how badly we’ve fallen. 

Thing change quickly in football, it can soon flick back the other way.

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

If Sensi is his replacement we're well and truly f**ked.  Sensi looks like Silva mk ll, no physicality and even worse, he's made of egg boxes!  

KDH isn't a great technician but he's got the physicality and engine needed to do well in this division.

If he goes and we don't replace his physical presence in midfield we'll slide down the table quicker than Liz Truss's time in Downing Street.

I presume Sensi isn't the replacement to KDH, but instead someone who can slot into a role in the is system. Fatawu and Mavadidi bring great energy and physicality and will get better the more they play. We would arguably be better if KDH could consistently get the ball out to them quickly rather than slowing down play as he get the ball on the foot he can actually kick with. And don't get me started in set pieces. 

But yes, Sensi won't be there for his physicality for sure. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

But he isn't really, is he. He has some top of the championship stats which he wouldn't be getting if he didn't have the players around him. Energy is brilliant, but technically he's not a great player. 

Yep, he may be our ‘best player’ but I also think he’s a lot more replaceable than others. As we’ve seen with our record without him, Ndidi is now our most important player in this structure, because his legs and ball winning ability get us playing in the right areas. Mavi equally absolutely is more vital in creating space for others.

• Like 2

Always the panic stations up in here when one of our better players gets scoped.

We are bossing the league. We are not in the Prem. Teams are going to have a look at our players whether we've put them in the window or not. The only question is whether we've put a big enough price tag on them to ward them off, and have contingency to replace them if they do go. Literally no one on this forum knows, and it'll be down to KDH to accept a move should we agree an acceptable bid anyways. 

People going to the immediate panic of 'we're skint' 'clearly we're financially broke' ' typical Leicester!' 'sack the board' really need to remember that there are plenty of players that are doing well in this league individually and their respective clubs/fans will be asking the same questions and making the same exasperated noises, and that's understandable but there's no need for hysterics.

• Like 2

It’s not KDH going, if he in fact goes that will piss me off. 

If we sell an asset like KDH it’s football. You sign players to long term contracts and sell at the right time to gain most value. Perhaps Jan isn’t the right time (the summer being better) but if it allows us to gain maximum value, so be it. Players leave, it happens. It’s where we are.

My issue is, if we sell an asset like KDH, that should mean 3 players come in, that suit playing the Enzo way and add value to our squad. There are many in this squad who are simply not good enough to football the Enzo way. Those players should not only add value to this season but the board, the manager, scouts should be of the opinion that they have potential to benefit us if we go up.

My issue is, we won’t do that - we just can’t operate like that in the timescale left. We will sell KDH, buy Sensi and hope for the best. That’s the bit that pisses me off more than our star midfielder being linked with a PL move in the last few days of the window. 

26 minutes ago, Dames said:

And if we are selling for financial reasons the club arent going to be making much money available. 

Not necessarily. The full amount for KDH gets booked this year and fills any black hole we have against FFP for this financial year.

If we signed Sensi for £2m, O'Hare for £5m and even another for £8m, that £15m gets booked equally over their contracts, so the hit to this year's accounts against FFP would be maximum £4m + wages.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lionator said:

We’ve seen how quickly it can go wrong. These things go in cycles and you’d be hard pressed not to think FFP will also catch up with Brighton.

Not in the near future. They're still in Europe, still high in the league, got something like £180m for Caicedo, McAllister and the keeper they flogged to Chelsea and have barely spent anything assembling the rest of their team. That Barco guy they signed was only £12m. Peanuts. Tony Bloom and Paul Barber are light years ahead of Top and Rudkin. These guys somehow got £60m for Marc Cucurella and then bought Estupinian for what? 10m ?They're regarded as the best run club in the PL and probably one of the models for most European clubs. They don't hand out ridiculous contracts to mediocre players or allow assets to leave on a free. They're pretty much what we used to be up to about 2020.

46 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’m not denying KDH would give them a boost but he should be aiming for a bigger club than Brighton if he leaves us. They aren’t really going to finish higher than 7th this season even if he signed for them. 

As much as everyone loves KDH, thinks he's part of our future and all the rest of it, he's nowhere near a top 4 or top 6 team. I don't think he gets in any of those midfields. It'd be another Drinkwater situation. However much anyone turns their nose up at Brentford or Brighton, (see also Wolves or Fulham) those teams are the chasing pack, where we used to see ourselves for a while, it's not so much about the size, it's where those teams are at with their development and Brighton are very much on the up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mungongo said:

Leicester have no plans to sell Dewsbury-Hall despite Brighton, Brentford interest

Latest from Sky Sports news senior reporter Rob Dorsett...

Leicester have no plans to sell Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall in this transfer window, despite interest from Brighton and Brentford.

Currently, the fee that Brighton and Brentford are prepared to pay for the 25-year-old is way short of what Leicester would want.

Sky Sports News has been told it would take a bid in excess of £40m to bring Leicester to the negotiating table, and the asking price is likely to be further increased because of their inability to replace him with a player of equal calibre so late in the window.

Leicester have little flexibility in the current market to add to their squad and remain in line with Profit and Sustainability Regulations (PSR). It's likely they would have to sell a player in order to strengthen.

However, Dewsbury-Hall is not someone they want to sell. He is regarded by manager Enzo Maresca as a key part of his promotion-chasing team.

The player himself also needs to be convinced that changing clubs now would be a good career move, we are told. 

Only clubs competing higher up in the Premier League are likely to appeal to Dewsbury-Hall, with Leicester seven points clear at the top of the Championship and expecting an immediate return to the top division.

If only Dorsett was reliable 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mungongo said:

Leicester have no plans to sell Dewsbury-Hall despite Brighton, Brentford interest

Latest from Sky Sports news senior reporter Rob Dorsett...

Leicester have no plans to sell Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall in this transfer window, despite interest from Brighton and Brentford.

Currently, the fee that Brighton and Brentford are prepared to pay for the 25-year-old is way short of what Leicester would want.

Sky Sports News has been told it would take a bid in excess of £40m to bring Leicester to the negotiating table, and the asking price is likely to be further increased because of their inability to replace him with a player of equal calibre so late in the window.

Leicester have little flexibility in the current market to add to their squad and remain in line with Profit and Sustainability Regulations (PSR). It's likely they would have to sell a player in order to strengthen.

However, Dewsbury-Hall is not someone they want to sell. He is regarded by manager Enzo Maresca as a key part of his promotion-chasing team.

The player himself also needs to be convinced that changing clubs now would be a good career move, we are told. 

Only clubs competing higher up in the Premier League are likely to appeal to Dewsbury-Hall, with Leicester seven points clear at the top of the Championship and expecting an immediate return to the top division.

You could argue that Brighton fit that description, although it could go either way from here. 

I suspect that he was attempting to avoid language like “big” club or “top six”.  Anyway, good update, and basically summarises what we’ve all been saying in the previous 27 pages 

I can’t believe this will happen. If it was John Percy’s exclusive I would be worried. It makes no sense unless we’re so desperate that we can’t whip round enough cash to pay wages (seeing as it’s end of the month). 

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yep, he may be our ‘best player’ but I also think he’s a lot more replaceable than others. As we’ve seen with our record without him, Ndidi is now our most important player in this structure, because his legs and ball winning ability get us playing in the right areas. Mavi equally absolutely is more vital in creating space for others.

A guy that scores the goals and has plenty assists too.. that works his arse off every single game..

not many players will have the stats and work rate to go with it..

impossible to replace…

• Like 1

Every player has got a price but we can't afford to lose KDH at this stage in the season. 

And I'm sure Maresca feels the same way, he's absolutely key for us. Even if we could buy two or three new players with the cash. It's too much of a risk. 

Tell 'em to do one, we're only a few months away from being promoted.

5 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

If only Dorsett was reliable 

If you’re to objectively look at it, everything Dorsett says there makes all logical sense compared to the Ornstein story.

If somebody makes a stupid bid then it would be difficult to turn down. But he is too important at this stage to sell for anything but a stupidly high price. 

• Like 3