Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester vs Birmingham - FA Cup - Match Thread

Whilst I'm glad we've rested players and I'm not overly concerned about the result, I am concerned about how incredibly pathetic this performance is. Doesn't matter that we've made 10 changes, I'm not expecting a peak Barce performance but I'm also not expecting us to be dominated at home by a poor Birmingham side. 

The difference with Ipswich v Maidstone was Ipswich with 10 changes absolutely pinged the ball around and hit everything but the back off the net. We had a hard game and opportunity for 5th round (winners of which get £450k BTW which could make a difference to FFP calculation) and are playing like a bag of shit strangers by all accounts.

I know it’s frustrating. But we’ve made 10 changes. I’d rather focus on the fact our number two goalkeeper would get into most championship XI’s

Abysmal.

That midfield especially has been horrific, Hamza has been so lethargic and Praet/Yunus are so weak on the ball.

Stolaryczyk and Nelson have impressed but boy, I can see why Enzo doesn't trust his bench.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

The reason Hamza goes to ground so much is because he’s completely out of control, has a shit first touch and can’t position himself correctly. He’s absolute garbage 

Gives away stupid fouls constantly to that have often cost us goals over the years.

Terrible player. 

• Like 2

Following this on the live text, weird that we still have more possession but they are having all the pressure.  Their lad Stansfield appears to be being given the freedom of the park.  If he's their danger man, why aren't we taking some measures to reduce his impact?

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Says quite a bit about some of the senior players in this team today that our best 3 players are 3 academy lads - Jakub, Nelson, and Cover

That's my issue with the game, senior pros have been very poor.

Keeping them off the scoreboard for that half was our biggest miracle since 5000-1.

halfstats.thumb.JPG.562917a6adcb89cf2661e149eae4c66d.JPG

38                                                                            Shite “Cover” Jokes in Match Thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Cover is covering the pitch well. Really good coverage. Looks like a real asset, and concerned we won’t have good cover for him. 

Hope he gets the opportunity to cover himself in glory! 

• Haha 1

All I'm going to say is take a bow Stolarczyk my son, he's the reason we're still in this.
A few decent last ditch tackles but we shouldn't be having to make them if the likes of Praet and Akgun pull their head out their arse and actually do some defending from the front. Knife through butter at the minute. :nigel:

Feel a bit for Cover, he's looked decent under the cosh but if we lose this he won't get a sniff for a long while yet.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FosseSpark said:

The difference with Ipswich v Maidstone was Ipswich with 10 changes absolutely pinged the ball around and hit everything but the back off the net. We had a hard game and opportunity for 5th round (winners of which get £450k BTW which could make a difference to FFP calculation) and are playing like a bag of shit strangers by all accounts.

Maidstone aren’t in the championship 

• Like 4