Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC Vs. Birmingham City (3-0 W) Post Match Thread

18 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Stolarczyk is a superb no. 2

I thought he was good but he would cause frustration in this system as I’m not sure his distribution is as good as Hermansen. More than adequate cover though and his shot stopping was very good. Nice to see he was sharp after being on the bench for the majority. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Hmm, i really didn't see it.  The difference between the two halves makes the comparison pretty meaningless . after the first goal, birmingham hardly did anything on either side of the pitch.

Anyway, JJ wasn't bad but no comparison to the impact Ricardo made, that's my point. 

Ricardo would have been my MOTM.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Albrighton rolling back the years today. Not just his crosses and driving at defenders, but he showed some deft touches and quick feet a few times too.

Fatawu excites me but Marc deserves more game time. Sometimes his understanding with, and ability to pick out Vardy is almost telepathic

agree...it happens too often between them to be coincidence ...ok they have played enough  times alongside one another to build up an understanding through experience ..but sometimes  it goes beyond that and they look to be on the same wavelength when it comes to predicting the others movements

Masterclass from Enzo fooling the Bummies in the first half in thinking we were imitating a professional football team. Then bang, second half job done. 
Hamza's first ever hangover clearly done for him. Cover and Wanya massively out of their depth contributing to the midfield being overran and Doyle finally enabling our entire LH side to be dominated. 3-0 on their big day out. Ha

Surprising result for me. Team selection seemed like a get out of the cup quick lineup. 2nd half subs suggested it was not something Enzo wished to throw away. All very strange. 

1st half was messy, poor and a show piece for Stors Goalkeeping credentials. 

2nd half subs changed it up. Much better. Ricardo is quality. JJ did well. Albrighton was excellent throughout. 

Maidstone next. 

Guest Col city fan

Thank Christ half of the posters on the match thread weren’t ’in the trenches’.

Unless we go into half time three nil up every match, you’re all waving the white flag.

Good old @Finnegan even indicated there was no point trying to win it!

Fooks sake…. 🤦‍♀️

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Thank Christ half of the posters on the match thread weren’t ’in the trenches’.

Unless we go into half time three nil up every match, you’re all waving the white flag.

Good old @Finnegan even indicated there was no point trying to win it!

Fooks sake…. 🤦‍♀️

The regular bedwetters really need to have a good look at themselves. Not saying the first half was really acceptable but what did people expect when throwing so many youngsters into the mix ? 

• Like 1

If Ben Nelson is the future of our defense then I'm absolutely delighted.. this kids quality.

Never heard of Cover prematch, however he looks a tidy footballer. I felt he was the victim of Hamzas woeful display.

Should've been over by halftime but the changes gave us control and kept the confidence up with another win, and seemingly no injuries.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Thought Cover was very unlucky to be took off at half time as I felt he outplayed Hamza, that being said Ricky P really changed the game. Perfect example of “a game of 2 halves”. 

Couldn’t agree more, I was hoping it was Choudhury that would be hooked and Cover given an opportunity to play the holding role, I thought he had a decent 45 minutes for a debut whereas I felt Hamza was miles off it. 

Great for Yunus to bag a real thunderbastard and hopefully will see him push on. Stolarcryk was superb and Ben Nelson is a bloody Rolls Royce of a defender, that boy will net us +£50m in the next 3/4 years. He was immaculate today 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼