Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC Vs. Birmingham City (3-0 W) Post Match Thread

10 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Couldn’t agree more, I was hoping it was Choudhury that would be hooked and Cover given an opportunity to play the holding role, I thought he had a decent 45 minutes for a debut whereas I felt Hamza was miles off it. 

Great for Yunus to bag a real thunderbastard and hopefully will see him push on. Stolarcryk was superb and Ben Nelson is a bloody Rolls Royce of a defender, that boy will net us +£50m in the next 3/4 years. He was immaculate today 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Spot on. For me Nelson should be knocking on the door for a start against Swansea, or at least first choice back up... absolutely calmness personified.

Future captain if he stays long enough

• Like 3

First half was a bit of a mess, second half we looked like a premier league team against a championship team. 

The issue in the first half was the amount of space Brum were getting, neither Cover or Pissy Hamza were tracking the runs from midfield, so they just opened us up like a can of lager. 

Half time changes addressed that, Also thought Yunus was excellent in the second half, picking up space all over the pitch, as was Praet, there was a lot more fluidity about our play. 

Overall, good game.

• Like 2

First half was an absolute mess. Choudhury and Coady in particular were well off it and the ball was not sticking to Marcal, Vardy or Praet at all. Just some fantastic keeping from Stolarczyk that kept us in it, and the only criticism of Stolarczyk is his distribution, seemed a deliberate strategy to hit the wingers but often sliced it out or put it to Marcals head, and he doesn't win headers. Cover I thought was tidy and had a good debut - I think he can consider himself unlucky to come off at half time, victim of Choudhurys bungling performance but I'm not fond of bringing on players to cover up another players poor performance.

Second half so much better, should have been more (I'm certain Vardy was on), Praet grew into it and I'd like to see more of him, and Yunus started to run the show, looks to have sharpened up and bulked up a bit.

• Like 1

Couldn't watch today but the highlights suggest we were atrocious first half and clinical in the second.

Isn't a Vardy goal from an Albrighton cross a wonderful thing to see? Looks onside for his second to me. He's still got quality, Vardy, we don't always use him right but if we do he will still score. Dire Birmingham defending mind.

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Walking back after the game and there was a Birmingham fan saying to his young son that we were the most undeserving league winners ever lol

So much so that he's awarded us the league 20 games early 

6 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I'll take Maidstone 5th round at our place, then another shit club in 6th and give ourselves 1 difficult tie to make it to a Wembley semi final.

If we beat a shit club in the 6th round, we will be in the wembley semi final!

57 minutes ago, Raj said:

First punjabi Leicester city fc player👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

I think that goes to Aman Verma 👍

Edit: I don’t think he broke into the first team, I stand corrected. 

Edited by Shambles

14 shots to 2 first half and we've come out 3 0 winners lol

Sounds like a replica of the Millwall game. Won thanks to the oppositions lack of ability and our ability to take chances. (Which ironically goes missing in league games :D)

Glad to see Nelson getting another 90.

Blast from the past with Albrighton assisting Vards as well!

Funny reading the comments here, if you werent concerned after that first half, your football opinion licence definitely needs revoking. Unless Flash scores has got the stats wrong, in which case I apologise haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Trying not to think too much about the £8m we wasted on Coady lol… I know match fitness and all that but he just looks done 

Nelson looks ready for this level. 

To Coady's credit, I thought 2nd half he got better. 

• Like 2

Stolarczyk and Nelson were standouts for me, looked like they have been playing all season 

Albrighton and Vardy was like the old days, brilliant shifts from both 

Subs really made a huge difference, the game completely shifted after what was a horror show of a first half, in which we could easily have been 3-0 down 

Not the best of games from Hamza, Wanya had a nightmare

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, copunk said:

Stolarczyk and Nelson were standouts for me, looked like they have been playing all season 

Albrighton and Vardy was like the old days, brilliant shifts from both 

Subs really made a huge difference, the game completely shifted after what was a horror show of a first half, in which we could easily have been 3-0 down 

Not the best of games from Hamza, Wanya had a nightmare

Agree, Nelson put in a great shift, never seems to panic and is quicker than he looks. Stolarcyc also great but I worry about the passing around the back. 

Choudry was awful for 60 minutes, looked like he'd just sobered up, should have been hooked instead of Cover who I thought had a decent debut 45 for a young lad. Enzo's subs changed the game, taking it forward instead of being static in our own half. 2nd half was like a different team. 

More minutes for Nelson, he's definitely ready for this league and looks as though he'll be ready for the next step. 

• Like 1