Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC Vs. Birmingham City (3-0 W) Post Match Thread

We have Stolarczyk to thank for keeping us in the Cup first half. Easyily our MOTM.  Nelson done very well and calm throughout the game.

Coady looked a bit rusty from the start but done much better the longer the game went on.

We were all over the place first half and credit to Enzo for sorting it out at HT. A quality ball from Albrighton to turn the tide in our favour.

This is why I wanted him to play againt Ipswich, too late now.

Yunus was the creative force today in midfield and scored a cracker. Praet didn't do too bad either, Took his Goal well.

The main thing is we're still in the draw tomorrow.

• Like 4

Stolarczyk brilliant shot stopper but dodgy with his feet and slow - still 8/10 motm for me with Ben Nelson also an 8/10. Yunus Akgun is a quality footballer but body of a 12 year old 7/10. Surprisingly Praet got better as the game went on 7/10. Vardy 7/10, Coady 7/10, That Cover lad looked ok 6/10 but was hooked at half time when the whole ground thought Hamza would be. Choudhury 5/10 - would have been 4/10 but had an improved second half. Wanya Marcal probs only 5/10 also very poor I thought. Callum Doyle 6/10 ok but again slow and some dodgy passing. Albrighton 6/10 can't fault his effort but you can tell his career is winding down. Second half subs Ricky P was superb 8/10, Cannon was a solid 6 or 7/10 Justin again 7/10, McAteer probably 6/10 but just needs more confidence and consistency I think 🤔 and that Raikhy lad looked ok but slow 5/10. Have I missed anyone? First half shit and Brum should have been 3-0 up if it's wasn't for our goalie.second half we creamed them

• Like 2

Crazy game. I actually thought Cover looked decent before he got hooked. Raikhy looked tidy too.

Some embarrassing teenage Birmingham fans in Morrisons afterwards. 10 of them picking on 2 Leicester lads and shit the bed when they saw one policeman. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Thought Cover was very unlucky to be took off at half time as I felt he outplayed Hamza, that being said Ricky P really changed the game. Perfect example of “a game of 2 halves”. 

It was obviously a plan for Cover only to play 45 and the right thing to do to bring him off before he got physically and mentally tired.  He will have finished the half full of confidence and desperate to get involved again.

Hamza looked as though he didn’t know where the ball was half the time and where his teammates were for the rest of it.  It’s almost as though he had something else on his mind.  Even at his best he is not technically good enough to play the #6 role especially when he is put under pressure as he was today.

Ricky P is simply a class above any other player in this league.  He brings an element of calm control that nobody else does with the possible exception of Winks.  I don’t understand why we had bids for Castagne in the summer rather than him. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Stolarczyk brilliant shot stopper but dodgy with his feet and slow - still 8/10 motm for me with Ben Nelson also an 8/10. Yunus Akgun is a quality footballer but body of a 12 year old 7/10. Surprisingly Praet got better as the game went on 7/10. Vardy 7/10, Coady 7/10, That Cover lad looked ok 6/10 but was hooked at half time when the whole ground thought Hamza would be. Choudhury 5/10 - would have been 4/10 but had an improved second half. Wanya Marcal probs only 5/10 also very poor I thought. Callum Doyle 6/10 ok but again slow and some dodgy passing. Albrighton 6/10 can't fault his effort but you can tell his career is winding down. Second half subs Ricky P was superb 8/10, Cannon was a solid 6 or 7/10 Justin again 7/10, McAteer probably 6/10 but just needs more confidence and consistency I think 🤔 and that Raikhy lad looked ok but slow 5/10. Have I missed anyone? First half shit and Brum should have been 3-0 up if it's wasn't for our goalie.second half we creamed them

Agree with everything apart from Albrighton, who I thought was excellent, definitely one of our better players. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Rshould hopefully show Enzo that he can trust some of these peripheral players

Yunus was my MOTM - the only one who looked lively in the first half and gave us so much drive in the second, brilliant goal and sublime pass to set up the first goal.

Maybe get some earlier subs going now, like he did earlier in the season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pita said:

Bad first half the difference was our bench. Ben Nelson is going to be a great asset to the club

Didnt see the game but heard good things and Would love him to get some game time in league games bed him in for next season!

Game of two halves. Birmingham could easily have been out of sight first half had it not been for the excellent Stolarczyk. 

Turned it on in the second and really impressed with Albrighton in particular. Felt the young lads didn't do too badly overall especially second half. Choudhury still played like he was still on the sauce first half but picked up a little more second half. 

My little lad really enjoyed it and its safe to say he'll be back (especially if 3-0 wins have anything to do with taking him)

32 minutes ago, bovril said:

Agree with everything apart from Albrighton, who I thought was excellent, definitely one of our better players. 

Yes to be fair second half he was more like a 7 or 8/10. (Think I was a bit mean as first half the whole team bar Nelson and Stolarczyk were dreadful generally ) 

• Like 1

Very much a game of two halves, should have been several down at half time but thanks to the keeper we weren't. Made the changes and had far more control. Love how in 2024 we still have Albrighton setting up Vardy. Great second goal and a nice move for the third.

Today showed the gap within the squad and how crucial the key players are. However, good to see Nelson and Cover put in competent displays and for so many Academy players to feature.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Really enjoyed that today. Had little hope before the game for some reason, and then the lineups made me think we could get a hiding, so i just went with the mindset to enjoy a day at the football.

Atmosphere was brilliant. Having more in the singing section worked and its nice to read people want to move over there. Didn't have the usual moaners either side of us, actually had 3 guys on holiday sat next to me who sang their hearts out. Lots of kids and most singing along to a lot of songs as well. It just all felt good.

Negatives - Getting hammered somewhat in the first half (although I started to find it funny they couldn't score), and Hamza looked like there was something almost wrong with him. His concentration was totally shot - there was one moment where he got in the way of a throw in as he was jogging around paying no attention - it just skimmed his hair. I also think Doyle was really poor - and now has to play 2nd fiddle to JJ for the rest of the season.

Positives - A clean sheet even with that first half!, Cover looked excellent, Nelson looks tasty and Jakub is the nuts between the sticks. Vardy & Albrighton magic in the 2nd half, and i though Akgun played very well as well (and a banger to top it off).  Praet getting a goal felt 'strange' to say the least, but i will take it.

Not been much talk about Cannon, but again today he showed me he is going to go on and do great things for us. That 3rd goal was brilliant from him. Took the ball well - the keeper committed, but he didnt panic and was very level headed and played exactly the right ball to Praet. The guys a clever footballer.

Hope the next round is at home. Cup games just feel different.

Superb summary mate.  

On Cannon, what I love is he's always looking to make a little bit of space and shoot early.  And he shoots with real venom.   

Looking forward to seeing him bag plenty more for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The one question for me is do you think any of our first team wingers would have got the ball out their feet as quickly as Marc did and then whip in a cross from so wide out ?

On the evidence to date I highly doubt it as they would either have run at the full back , waited for an overlapping player or gone backwards.

Just so refreshing to see a player play what was in front of him with a natural instinct and I can’t help think the younger wingers are possibly being over coached ? Perhaps they have whipped in more crosses from out wide than I can remember though 

• Like 3