Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC Vs. Birmingham City (3-0 W) Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, shailen said:

This is why we're at least a mid table PL team. We were terrible first half and still beat them 3-0 and it's happened a fair few times this season. 

A mid table PL team sticks those chances in. Fulham did that to us in early May and sealed our relegation pretty much 

5 hours ago, Manini said:

I thought he was good but he would cause frustration in this system as I’m not sure his distribution is as good as Hermansen. More than adequate cover though and his shot stopping was very good. Nice to see he was sharp after being on the bench for the majority. 

As i posted in the u21s thread - you have to consider who he is linking up with - i'm sure he'd do a much better job if he was linking up with winks, vestergaard, faes and ricardo....

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Really enjoyed that today. Had little hope before the game for some reason, and then the lineups made me think we could get a hiding, so i just went with the mindset to enjoy a day at the football.

Atmosphere was brilliant. Having more in the singing section worked and its nice to read people want to move over there. Didn't have the usual moaners either side of us, actually had 3 guys on holiday sat next to me who sang their hearts out. Lots of kids and most singing along to a lot of songs as well. It just all felt good.

Negatives - Getting hammered somewhat in the first half (although I started to find it funny they couldn't score), and Hamza looked like there was something almost wrong with him. His concentration was totally shot - there was one moment where he got in the way of a throw in as he was jogging around paying no attention - it just skimmed his hair. I also think Doyle was really poor - and now has to play 2nd fiddle to JJ for the rest of the season.

Positives - A clean sheet even with that first half!, Cover looked excellent, Nelson looks tasty and Jakub is the nuts between the sticks. Vardy & Albrighton magic in the 2nd half, and i thought Akgun played very well as well (and a banger to top it off).  Praet getting a goal felt 'strange' to say the least, but i will take it.

Not been much talk about Cannon, but again today he showed me he is going to go on and do great things for us. That 3rd goal was brilliant from him. Took the ball well - the keeper committed, but he didnt panic and was very level headed and played exactly the right ball to Praet. The guys a clever footballer.

Hope the next round is at home. Cup games just feel different.

Can't agree with this more. Superb day. 

Give us a small PL club at home (Forest) on a Wednesday night next to see how we get on! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Anybody think Coady has not met expectations, im not sure he is good enough in a back 2?

amazingly,  out of the defenders, his will be the main spot up for grabs when we go up..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ACF said:

Just watched the full game 

Positives:

For all the shit our academy get, we played a bunch of youngsters who were not bad. I think we’re overstating Cover’s game but he did not look out of place at all, which is a massive compliment to a first gamer.

Jakub and Nelson were both excellent. Unfortunately for the both of them they won’t move up the pecking order based off these games, but they deserve more opportunities.

Yunus was brilliant at taking the game on. Dennis scored :wub: would be very comfortable them playing more minutes with Winks based off this performance, if they stay fit.

Marc, Vards and RickyP very good.

Negatives:

Doyle, Wanya deserved to be dragged off.

McAteer I’m still not convinced with. 

Coady wasn’t brilliant, you’d hope his leadership would have pulled through in the first half but we were dog. 

Hamza was awful. 

You may not be convinced by macateer (not sure why?) but he was part of a triple change that sured things up and was good value for it from where I was. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

You may not be convinced by macateer (not sure why?) but he was part of a triple change that sured things up and was good value for it from where I was. 

I cannot argue with that fact but watching I believe that had more to do with JJ and Ricardo.

He also replaced Wanya, who just wasn’t involved. It was a low bar to be better than.

He improved the team this game. I am still judging based off everything we’ve seen from him, and I don’t see a top half Prem player in there. 

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Awful first half, comfortable second half. Stolarczyk and Nelson outstanding. Great to see Albrighton at his best and creating chances and alway nice to see the goat score!

Time to book the Wembley accomodation?

Yeh but my predictions were shit..

35 minutes ago, ACF said:

I cannot argue with that fact but watching I believe that had more to do with JJ and Ricardo.

He also replaced Wanya, who just wasn’t involved. It was a low bar to be better than.

He improved the team this game. I am still judging based off everything we’ve seen from him, and I don’t see a top half Prem player in there

I'm not sure we need to be judging him on wether he's a top half Prem player at the moment, remember he only got in the team this year. He's been very good this year for the most part. Plenty of our best players from seasons past came from champ or laons ( Barnes maddison) but your opinion is yours, no probs there 

• Like 1

Did anyone else get the impression that Enzo didn’t seem happy after the Albrighton-Vardy goal? It was a minute or so after but in the clip he almost looked angry. Perhaps he’d already celebrated and was pondering the next move. Hope it wasn’t a Brendan/waterbottle moment.

It was a very “old style Leicester” goal.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

8 hours ago, l444ry said:

Experience wins the day. Enzo earned his half time corn but didn’t need rocket science to come to that conclusion.

I reckon Enzo need congratulating for the whole Saturday packet…again

He used his squad and the youngsters,gave them gametime..

This was a game where this time,we weren’t meshing, in first half though

Back line was doing their job,midfield & Frontline,no cohesion,couldn’t find that Frontfoot movement or rythm,but a championship improving opposition still couldn’t grab the reins..Because:-

Stolarczyk…Stolar..stellar performance,more than an excellent no2.Mom*

Nelson………Will be ready to step up when asked..MOM*

Coady……….Not his fault ,1st half lack of cohesion,top 2nd half.

Doyle………..Wasnt that bad,but not firing today,a couple of decent blocks..

Cover…………can go home happy,simply needs more this level gametime.

Choudhury..typical Choudhury has sloppy moments,then top moments

Akgun………..indifferent first half,but really stepped up 2nd half

Praet…………..longtime away,it showed,but again stepped up top 2nd half.

Albrighton….High quality consistent game.Legend gave Legend perf. MoM*.

Vardy…………..In this system always annoying oppo,simply he’s the GOAT

Marcal……….wasn’t poor,but couldn’t influence the game,this time.

Justin,Ricardo,Mcateer, changed the flow,upped our quality & Tempo.

Raihky….nice to see him again,decent Cameo,love to see him more.

Cannon….whether he starts or comes on,top quality player..

*MOM…all 3..

Manager../ 16 man team/..Enzo rightly put down the challenge to first half

selection,the team and a couple of individuals just couldn’t get going or impact the game. Though a few decent displays slowly upped their lot has game wore on,even

in first half. Enzo reacted immediately giving decent team,more impulse and bite.

Praet & Akgun,can play & cover,their  midfield roles.

Give Cover the player more occasional gametime,to see if we might have found another youngster.

Would like to have seen him stay on instead of Choudhury, just to see if the change up,would of allowed him to play with the flow. Why not again against a fluttering

Swansea. Also why not give Winks another game rest and play Praet.

The squad in the end did prove in 2nd half, it has depth and the championship last 18 games though not a foregone conclusion it should be nothing to fear.

Cover is there,also in key positions…Any Ndidi,KDH,Winks outages can be overcome.

Akgun IMO,if we can keep next season we should,he’s done more than enough to show he can cut it..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Did anyone else get the impression that Enzo didn’t seem happy after the Albrighton-Vardy goal? It was a minute or so after but in the clip he almost looked angry. Perhaps he’d already celebrated and was pondering the next move. Hope it wasn’t a Brendan/waterbottle moment.

It was a very “old style Leicester” goal.

It wouldn’t surprise me.Bit like the comment from when JJ scored his screamer the other week and send the gaffer would probably tell him off for shooting from so far out. Know it was a bit tongue in cheek but there is still an under current of our play being too regimental at times. Great when we score after 44 passes but I think at times we are just too predictable which is fine in the Championship but won’t cut it in the PL with the big boys. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dandy king said:

I was in the east stand and thought he had a great game when he came on.

Terrible first half and we were very lucky to go in at half time nil nil. Hamza and Doyle was particularly poor, but no one looked good. Cover was fine and made some good moves.

Great triple sub changed the game and 2016 style Albrighton/Vardy goal. Everybody stepped up and even Hamza looked competent, but Ricardo, Akgun, Praet and Cannon stood out.

We have good back ups on the bench and through the academy, and Doyle will get back into the team with more game time. The youngsters looked fine.

Hamza the weak link yesterday, couldn't manage the Winks role and made too many mistakes. I think he needs to play further forward like Ndidi, as had good moments too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

giphy.gif

i thought the team he put out played well ok blues should been winning at the break but wernt at least i could see some fight in the team and wanted the ball 2nd half and few subs it was a diffrent game ,so for me no need to go out buying new players theres enought who proved they can step up that was a good win in the end yesterday blues are getting better id swopped it thou for 3 points

11 hours ago, Holly B said:

The one question for me is do you think any of our first team wingers would have got the ball out their feet as quickly as Marc did and then whip in a cross from so wide out ?

On the evidence to date I highly doubt it as they would either have run at the full back , waited for an overlapping player or gone backwards.

Just so refreshing to see a player play what was in front of him with a natural instinct and I can’t help think the younger wingers are possibly being over coached ? Perhaps they have whipped in more crosses from out wide than I can remember though 

That’s because the modern way (very sadly) is for left footers playing on the right and right footers playing on the left! It’s natural for them to step inside, and then they get shut down so it ends up going back. Marc is the only one that plays in his true position, yet not in the title team strangely.

11 hours ago, Holly B said:

The one question for me is do you think any of our first team wingers would have got the ball out their feet as quickly as Marc did and then whip in a cross from so wide out ?

On the evidence to date I highly doubt it as they would either have run at the full back , waited for an overlapping player or gone backwards.

Just so refreshing to see a player play what was in front of him with a natural instinct and I can’t help think the younger wingers are possibly being over coached ? Perhaps they have whipped in more crosses from out wide than I can remember though 

Saw this in General Sport and sums it up for me, we play far too safe in attacking areas and it's like we are waiting for perfect opportunities otherwise pass it back, whereas Albrighton just plays on instinct and gets it in there. One dimensional maybe, but it's been effective, puts pressure on opponents to deal with crosses (instead of shifting them left and right) and has created many chances over the years. Abdul especially compared to when he arrived his first thought is to pass back or cut inside and recycle the ball.

Screenshot_20240127_230056_X.thumb.jpg.e66cf62fe78476ec8719168bf552298a.jpg.6ea445202bceaf6680e33ea24888e52c.jpg

• Like 2