Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Car stolen from Saffron Lane

Hi all,

My dad had his car nicked from Saffron Lane during the game yesterday, sometime between 10.50am and 5pm.

It's a silver Toyota Rav 4 with black roof and alloys. Reg: WO19 VTC.

Slim chance anybody here saw anything, but drop me a DM if you did please. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

Do you know how they managed to steal it? I presume with it being a new car it's one of those keyless ones where there was a problem with people coming knocking on doors and relaying the signal to be copied to a waiting criminal. Usually they'd be then be stolen from the drive. As it was stole from the road, either someone has put some serious planning in to it, or they've found another loophole? 

17 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Do you know how they managed to steal it? I presume with it being a new car it's one of those keyless ones where there was a problem with people coming knocking on doors and relaying the signal to be copied to a waiting criminal. Usually they'd be then be stolen from the drive. As it was stole from the road, either someone has put some serious planning in to it, or they've found another loophole? 

No idea. It's a complete mystery to him.

19 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Hi all,

My dad had his car nicked from Saffron Lane during the game yesterday, sometime between 10.50am and 5pm.

Slim chance anybody here saw anything, but drop me a DM if you did please. Thanks.

They're really are some scummy people in this world. 

Did you have an update?

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Any news on this? 

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

They're really are some scummy people in this world. 

Did you have an update?

Nothing yet. I'll let you all know if anything comes of it.

It's my aunty's funeral this morning, so doubt it'll be today (some run of luck, eh?). Thank you all for your concern though.

• Sad 5

They have coppers sat in vans outside the KP during the game doing nothing and refuse to spare a few to do street patrols during the game

Know loads including myself that have had windows put out on Safron lane in recent years

On 28/01/2024 at 11:39, Voll Blau said:

Hi all,

Thats quite a trek from the ground.

I had my van broken into and all my kit stolen last week.

Insurance need all serial numbers and receipts which rules out all of the expensive test equipment I’ve had for over a decade.

it’s a nightmare.

I hope you find them.

• Sad 5

I had my car nicked from Saffron Lane in September 1978. Lime green Ford Capri with black vinyl roof while we were playing Notts County. Initially thought it had been towed away by police for being illegally parked??? No such luck, turns out some lads from Birmingham had come over to nick a car to do a job with in Brum. They crashed it into a lampost while fleeing police after the robbery. Had to phone my dad to pick us up after drawing a blank with plod. Was with my good mate Percy who died about 10 years ago and didn't see our glory years 😪 we went home & away together for many years.

Worst thing was we lost 1-0

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

I had my car nicked from Saffron Lane in September 1978. Lime green Capri, with black vinyl roof while we were playing Notts County. Initially thought it had been towed away by police for being illegally parked??? No such luck, turns out some lads from Birmingham had come over to nick a car to do a job with in Brum. They crashed it into a lampost while fleeing police after the robbery. Had to phone my dad to pick us up after drawing a blank with plod. Was with my good mate Percy who died about 10 years ago and didn't see our glory years 😪 we went home & away together for many years.

Hello Del Boy ! :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

I had my car nicked from Saffron Lane in September 1978. Lime green Ford Capri with black vinyl roof while we were playing Notts County. Initially thought it had been towed away by police for being illegally parked??? No such luck, turns out some lads from Birmingham had come over to nick a car to do a job with in Brum. They crashed it into a lampost while fleeing police after the robbery. Had to phone my dad to pick us up after drawing a blank with plod. Was with my good mate Percy who died about 10 years ago and didn't see our glory years 😪 we went home & away together for many years.

" i know... let's find the most inconspicuous car we can to do this job... so we don't stand out and draw the attention of the police..."

Well if I wasn't feeling down before I opened this thread I ****ing am now. 

Anyone got any happier stories? I finished 3rd in the egg and spoon race at year 6 sports day and still have the bronze medal framed above the fireplace. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

(27 years of insurance and loss adjusting experience here. :wave:)

I think it's possible your Insurers might be at it.

Unless it is a specific policy requirement to have receipts / serial numbers for every single item (admittedly my recent experience has been mostly with business policies rather than commercial motor policies, but I think that would be a rare policy wording) they would, instead, rely on you providing reasonable proofs of ownership.

They usually only decline to indemnify you where you have a claim for items without any proof of ownership / proof of acquisition,  where it would be reasonably expected that you should have such proofs.

It's reasonable to expect receipts to be held for commercial items for tax/VAT reporting periods (6 years).

It is not reasonable to expect receipts held for items a decade old and older.  

It is not reasonable to expect the meticulous keeping of serial numbers for a decade.

Additionally you might have some proof of ownership in the form of evidence of work carried out by you and invoiced by you that could only be done with the stolen kit.  Or maintenance records for the claimed items. Or photo / video evidence (even with the items visible on the background).

You might not get full replacement prices but if you can show you had it and used it,  the Insurers should be giving you *something* towards the stolen kit, rather than simply declining the lot.

Depending on the amount at stake, you might be as well to either appoint a Loss Assessor to act for you (they would take a cut of any settlement), or you could submit a written complaint directly to the Insurers' Chief Executive Office (details of this will be in your policy), requesting a review.

The "contra proferentem" principle is there to protect the little guy from the big bad insurers, and the Insurers'complaints teams *hate* dealing with complaints about settlement amounts, unless they are on absolutely rock solid ground.

Good luck with it. :)

Thanks for that, it’s interesting.

The insurance was taken out through my business insurance, so I’ll go back to them now and try and negotiate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

I had my car nicked from Saffron Lane in September 1978. Lime green Ford Capri with black vinyl 

I grew up on the Saff in the 1970s and 1980s.

I wonder how many of the kids in my class at Newry Junior School were conceived in that Capri. :ph34r: