Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Car stolen from Saffron Lane

1 hour ago, Weller 7 said:

My house was broken into at 3am this morning while I was asleep!!  Thank god the sensors from my alarm picked them up once they got into the lounge. 

That's terrifying. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm assuming they fled when they triggered the sensor? If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Had your dad’s insurance already paid out? When my Golf got stolen I had my cash within a week.

Not shocked police in Enderby were shit, when mine was stolen someone was convicted of multiple thefts including one half a mile away half an hour after mine yet they didn’t put 2 and 2 together that it was clearly the same group. 

When mine was nicked, they caught 2 blokes on camera nicking it, they caught them with tools, and they caugh them with key cloning kit.

They released them due to lack of evidence lol Said it can't be proved it was used in a theft of my vehicle.

Normally I'd say you don't want the vehicle back, as it's probably been ragged and you never know what they've done to it as it could take months to surface. Not nice knowing some scumbag has been in your car as well. Might be a bit different in this case as it's a Yaris and won't have been used as a getaway car lol

31 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh, I get all that. But the fact they hadn't even assigned an officer to the case almost a week after it was reported is shocking.

Like I say, good to know coppers at the ports are on their brief.

Took them a week to go and view the CCTV of mine being stolen, this was Enderby again, car was nicked from Fosse Park. Took them a week to do about 100 steps to view it. Absolutely useless. Rang me two or three times after it giving me updates which were pointless, officer who was assigned to the case I could never get through to, just went straight to voicemail and it turned out he'd been away for weeks.

In the end after I'd been paid out I told them to not contact me again as it's a waste of my time and lets be honest even if caught they'd be out a few months later anyway doing the same.

The Police are stuck between a rock & a hard place on theft, they can build up a picture of potential OCGs via modus operandi & then time / money will be spent tracking those down, the opportunists wearing a hat, gloves & scarf will probably never be caught until they slip up themselves.

I can't imagine millionaire footballers have 'dummy' alarm boxes & standard locks on their doors & yet they are often hit, unfortunately alarms, locking devices & surveillance equipment are merely deterrents for those opportunists, anyone who really wants something be it an object or access they will get it regardless of these things.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Absolutely despise thieves, scum of the earth. Sometimes i wish parts of Sharia law were adopted here, wont be stealing anything if they know they're going to have their hands chopped off as a consequence 

Problem is you'd then be stuck paying them disability benefits for the rest of their lives 😂

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2024 at 13:27, SpacedX said:

That's terrifying. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm assuming they fled when they triggered the sensor? If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?       

Edited by Weller 7

On 07/02/2024 at 13:03, Daggers said:

I don’t think you understand how much it costs to keep someone in prison - or the simple logistics of not having room for all these prisoners you are now going to lock up for decades. I think you need to spend longer than 30 seconds deliberating on this policy before presenting g it to the nation as a perfect solution to non-violent crime. 

Have more than enough to send to Ukraine and Israel though?

• Like 1

Had my Car nicked from outside my house a couple of years back. Someone sneaked into the house whilst I was upstairs, took the spare keys and came back at night to drive it away. TBF police were straight on it but didn’t hold out much hope of me getting it back. Insurance paid out within a week.

three months later I got a call from police forensics enquiring about some items found in the car, which apparently had been recovered, on false plates, about a month or so after being taken. They were surprised I had not been informed. I can only presume that on recovery, a dvla  search would have shown the insurance company as the owners.

annoying as I had a fair bit of stuff in it which the insurance did not cover, which I might have got back had I known. 

Police did lift prints from items found that I told them were not mine. Interviewed a suspect who they could place in the vehicle but denied actually stealing it. The interview took place inside prison, where said suspect was already serving time for.....yep serial vehicle theft.

On 29/01/2024 at 19:54, MattFox said:

They have coppers sat in vans outside the KP during the game doing nothing and refuse to spare a few to do street patrols during the game

Know loads including myself that have had windows put out on Safron lane in recent years

That’s because the cops in those vans are required at the stadium. 

On 07/02/2024 at 13:27, SpacedX said:

Nice try, Mr Car Thief. 

• Haha 3

On 07/02/2024 at 13:03, Daggers said:

I don’t think you understand how much it costs to keep someone in prison - or the simple logistics of not having room for all these prisoners you are now going to lock up for decades. I think you need to spend longer than 30 seconds deliberating on this policy before presenting g it to the nation as a perfect solution to non-violent crime. 

On the spot execution for the compromise?

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

On the spot execution for the compromise?

I’m more in favour of making offenders attend Michael McIntyre live shows. I realise this contravenes The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

On 07/02/2024 at 17:11, Leicester_Loyal said:

Get a Viper 106V immobiliser for anyone who's worried about their car being stolen.

Had mine fitted by Motor Fit in Loughborough.

How much does that cost? 

11 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

How much does that cost? 

Think it was about £300 fitted. 

Very common in Fords, especially Fiesta’s and Focus as they are nicked all the time. 

Never known a car to be stolen with one, only way is to start cutting up the ECU wiring I believe. 

On 07/02/2024 at 17:11, Leicester_Loyal said:

Get a Viper 106V immobiliser for anyone who's worried about their car being stolen.

Had mine fitted by Motor Fit in Loughborough.

Or, if cash is tight, just do a H - Block protest on the interior of your vehicle and smear it all with excrement