Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Car stolen from Saffron Lane

45 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The car has been recovered from a shipping container in Southampton. Thanks to all for your concern.

My mum's sunglasses had also been chucked out of the car on Aylestone Road, but were found by a nice lad who returned them. A few of dad's tools and some other bits are still unaccounted for, but just amazed it's turned up.

There’s a thread in “What would you fill the container up with to send it back on its way to Lagos?”

Amazed at this though, I thought it was just high end motors that were victims to this kinda thing. Yaris owners everywhere will be nailing their cars down now. 

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lot of talk about insurance cost lately and a friend who works for a car repair shop said that if the cost of repair is more than half the book value the insurers will usually writ it off.Seems a bit odd but does anyone have insider info

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

The car has been recovered from a shipping container in Southampton. Thanks to all for your concern.

My mum's sunglasses had also been chucked out of the car on Aylestone Road, but were found by a nice lad who returned them. A few of dad's tools and some other bits are still unaccounted for, but just amazed it's turned up.

Bloody hell. Glad the car will be being returned. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Daggers said:

There’s a thread in “What would you fill the container up with to send it back on its way to Lagos?”

Amazed at this though, I thought it was just high end motors that were victims to this kinda thing. Yaris owners everywhere will be nailing their cars down now. 

E5683C24-58C9-47E1-AB7B-7943F46EB6EC.png

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Had your dad’s insurance already paid out? When my Golf got stolen I had my cash within a week.

Not shocked police in Enderby were shit, when mine was stolen someone was convicted of multiple thefts including one half a mile away half an hour after mine yet they didn’t put 2 and 2 together that it was clearly the same group. 

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Had your dad’s insurance already paid out? When my Golf got stolen I had my cash within a week.

Not shocked police in Enderby were shit, when mine was stolen someone was convicted of multiple thefts including one half a mile away half an hour after mine yet they didn’t put 2 and 2 together that it was clearly the same group. 

No, not yet.

It’s not only car thefts that have been unofficially decriminalised by local police forces.

unsolved burglaries were running at 94% last year.

in fairness they’ve got more important police work to prioritise.

For all the insurance companies hand wringing, it’s largely irrelevant to them, they just increase prices across the board!

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

wtf

to confirm i dont want sharia law

and not quite sure your issue here? You the type of softy that is happy with the courts giving a slap on the wrist and tell them to promise not to rob a house or car again🤣

• Like 2

There has been a spate of break-ins, thefts and drug dealing in my neighbourhood recently. In rural Somerset! I bought a security camera which covers my car and the gateway to my house and I am amazed by the quality of the video you get for a fifty quid piece of kit from TP-Link. It connects to the household wifi and I can view the video on an app on my phone. 

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

wtf

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

to confirm i dont want sharia law

and not quite sure your issue here? You the type of softy that is happy with the courts giving a slap on the wrist and tell them to promise not to rob a house or car again🤣

The chaps clearly never been robbed from before. If he had he’d know the feelings caused by a complete stranger invading their ‘safe space’ and the anxiety and stress it causes to them and family members. Sharia law was tongue in cheek but go to a place like Qatar or Dubai and leave an expensive personal belonging lying out and you can guarentee itll still be in that same place the next day. The bloke who stole this chaps car will likely be in and out of pathetic prison sentences for the rest of their life. Minimal deterrent 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad it was found and subsequently hope the culprits are found too. I thought this stuff only happened on the sopranos(cars being shipped elsewhere), reckon they should do a twinning with wherever all the cars have ended up from Western Park.

10 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

The chaps clearly never been robbed from before. If he had he’d know the feelings caused by a complete stranger invading their ‘safe space’ and the anxiety and stress it causes to them and family members. Sharia law was tongue and cheek but go to a place like Qatar or Dubai and leave an expensive personal belonging lying out and you can guarentee itll still be in that same place the next day. The bloke who stole this chaps car will likely be in and out of pathetic prison sentences for the rest of their life. Minimal deterrent 

Exactly.. shame on us for calling them out as scum bags.

7 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Exactly.. shame on us for calling them out as scum bags.

You didn't call them out as scumbags you said you wanted a dictator and an end to the rule of law lol. Sure sounds a great idea until Janet next door tells some lies to the police because she's got it in her head you've been mowing your lawn too early. 

34 minutes ago, ThumbsUp said:

You didn't call them out as scumbags you said you wanted a dictator and an end to the rule of law lol. Sure sounds a great idea until Janet next door tells some lies to the police because she's got it in her head you've been mowing your lawn too early. 

Tongue in cheek by myself but your interpretation and conclusion of my comment assumed i also wanted unfair trials and sling anybody in jail🤣 I literally meant if you break into someones house or rob someones car you should get the book thrown at you with 20 years but id also like to go on record and say that now extends to peados and rapists.

This is now going well over my head, im out.🤣

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

They're clearly fairly sharp down at the ports, compared to their relatively unhelpful colleagues over at Enderby...

Understand your frustration,  and it's become trendy to blame the police, but realistically, it must be so easy to be a car thief and burglar.

I'd imagine you found the car was gone when you returned so the thieves have already had a head start on the police. They will have changed the number plates so ANPR will be of no use either.

Same with burglaries, a scarf / mask will negate any CCTV and a pair of gloves will negate any chance of forensics.

Don't get me wrong, the Police as a service is poor,  but a lot of people would be shocked to know how easy it is to get away with a lot of crimes.

2 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

Understand your frustration,  and it's become trendy to blame the police, but realistically, it must be so easy to be a car thief and burglar.

I'd imagine you found the car was gone when you returned so the thieves have already had a head start on the police. They will have changed the number plates so ANPR will be of no use either.

Same with burglaries, a scarf / mask will negate any CCTV and a pair of gloves will negate any chance of forensics.

Don't get me wrong, the Police as a service is poor,  but a lot of people would be shocked to know how easy it is to get away with a lot of crimes.

Oh, I get all that. But the fact they hadn't even assigned an officer to the case almost a week after it was reported is shocking.

Like I say, good to know coppers at the ports are on their brief.

53 minutes ago, ThumbsUp said:

Cut off their lawnmower’s handles??  

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

I don’t think you understand how much it costs to keep someone in prison - or the simple logistics of not having room for all these prisoners you are now going to lock up for decades. I think you need to spend longer than 30 seconds deliberating on this policy before presenting g it to the nation as a perfect solution to non-violent crime. 

But he's done his own research, what's your problem? 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I don’t think you understand how much it costs to keep someone in prison - or the simple logistics of not having room for all these prisoners you are now going to lock up for decades. I think you need to spend longer than 30 seconds deliberating on this policy before presenting g it to the nation as a perfect solution to non-violent crime. 

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

But he's done his own research, what's your problem? 

Come on that is above my pay grade🤣

if we all put our heads together we could find some unnecessary expenditure this government is making that would offset that cost you mentioned 👀

Edited by les-tah

39 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Tongue in cheek by myself but your interpretation and conclusion of my comment assumed i also wanted unfair trials and sling anybody in jail🤣 I literally meant if you break into someones house or rob someones car you should get the book thrown at you with 20 years but id also like to go on record and say that now extends to peados and rapists.

This is now going well over my head, im out.🤣

I'm more talking about what's going on in El Salvador, I agree sentencing in this country is a joke. Unless you run a pirate football streaming service of course.

• Like 2