Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Stoke Away - 3rd February - 15:00

It’s February but I think this is our “business end of the season”. The next 3 months will be filled with twist and turns. Saints and Leeds are on very good runs. It’s up to us not to get sucked into their race for 2nd. Come on boys - let’s have an end of season run where we achieve our goal for once. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Their 6 game home form puts them bottom of the table. Lost 3 and drawn 3.  Really should be doing a number on this lot today.

Nah. Late winner after struggling in the first half and then slowly dominating as the second half ticks on…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Daka is a bit of an enigma right now. I thought he looked really rusty on Tuesday but had involvement in all 3 goals. He didn't touch for the 3rd but his positioning lead the defender to make a rash interception that led to the goal. He seems to make things happen at the moment even when hes not great.

Same, i thought he wasn't in the right places during the game, but on watching highlights he is making things happen off the ball, his awareness of those around him seems to have improved loads. 

Think he has his head up more something as simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Same, i thought he wasn't in the right places during the game, but on watching highlights he is making things happen off the ball, his awareness of those around him seems to have improved loads. 

Think he has his head up more something as simple as that.

It’s an interesting one, and open to debate/discussion. Other players set him up a few times on Tuesday and he fluffed the shots. Yet he was directly involved with the other goals. If his accuracy was on point, it’d be a no brainer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’ve a feeling Daka starts again.

Mads

Faes

Vesty

JJ

Ricardo 

Winks

KDH

Fatawu

Yunus

Mavididi

Daka 

Stoke changed manager to Schumacher, who took charge of Plymouth when we beat them. He had them play man-to-man marking across the pitch and push up high, and one of our goals came from Daka spinning in behind using his pace from a direct goal kick from Hermansen. Schumacher is known to be stubborn, so I think he will play the same way, so also expect Daka to start.

If Alex Neil was still in charge, he would probably play Cannon. They parked the bus against us at the King Power you may recall.

Enzo said all this in the pre-match, so whilst he didn't confirm who he would pick, it sounds pretty obvious. He also defended Daka and said that whilst he missed chances, his overall contribution, especially off the ball, was very good. And it was!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I won't bother watching then. Lawn needs mowing anyway 

Haha I'm off out myself bud so I won't see it.

As long as its three points I'm not fussed how we play at the minute. Try and rebuild the gap to third or keep matching the others results until we've got Leeds and Southampton matches out the way and then worry about the style I reckon.

Away from home a wins a win. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stadt said:

Presume McAteer is in the middle, not sure of that. He’s not great on the ball, I suppose Enzo wants physicality centrally.

on the plus side, we've seen good off the ball runs, and hard graft 

we dont have a 'complete' 8 to play instead so i can see the logic

• Like 1

Really hate how those who have hated on Daka, or any other player they've had it in for for ages, won't just be glad he does well but wait until he makes mistakes to say I told you so.

It's not supporting your team. It's just weird behaviour. 

On 02/02/2024 at 14:44, LVFox said:

Bagsman Pat

Bagsman Pat

Bagsman Pat and his Black and White Cat

Just as day is dawning

Pat just won't stop scoring

Daka's gonna score a goal past you 

Bagsman Pat,

Bagsman Pat,

Bagsman Pat has a blue and white hat,

This is just a warning,

Pat just won't stop scoring,