Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Stoke Away - 3rd February - 15:00

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Are people actually saying no to Daka today?  Wasn’t he involved in 2 out of the 3 goals against Swansea?  Maybe all 3?   Madness. Cannon is good and I like him, but he’s not as good as Daka. 

Daka is a bit of an enigma right now. I thought he looked really rusty on Tuesday but had involvement in all 3 goals. He didn't touch for the 3rd but his positioning lead the defender to make a rash interception that led to the goal. He seems to make things happen at the moment even when hes not great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Daka is a bit of an enigma right now. I thought he looked really rusty on Tuesday but had involvement in all 3 goals. He didn't touch for the 3rd but his positioning lead the defender to make a rash interception that led to the goal. He seems to make things happen at the moment even when hes not great.

Agreed. I just think he adds more than he detracts. Things seem to happen around him, which is a good quality to have. Still think he needs more time, belief and confidence, but there is a good player in there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Are people actually saying no to Daka today?  Wasn’t he involved in 2 out of the 3 goals against Swansea?  Maybe all 3?   Madness. Cannon is good and I like him, but he’s not as good as Daka. 

The new scapegoat 

6 minutes ago, lanefox said:

The new scapegoat 

There are some on FT who cannot accept that he is a very good striker. They NEED to have someone to focus on. A little sad. If he has a bad game he has a bad game, plenty of other players do. 

• Like 1

Guest Fox99

Enzo needs to hear he has the full backing from the fans today, not that it should even be in question. To the minority that aren't on board with the style of play, just channel any frustration into vocally supporting the team.

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

There are some on FT who cannot accept that he is a very good striker. They NEED to have someone to focus on. A little sad. If he has a bad game he has a bad game, plenty of other players do. 

It’s okay to have opinions and be critical. This isn’t the Sesame Street forum 

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Like Vardy, his pace will always distract defences whether he scores or not. 

Guest Fox99
16 minutes ago, Fox99 said:

Enzo needs to hear he has the full backing from the fans today, not that it should even be in question. To the minority that aren't on board with the style of play, just channel any frustration into vocally supporting the team.

As posted on the other thread...

Enzo Maresca

Enzo Maresca

He left Manchester

To manage Leicester

His football is magic

Here's hoping they play well enough to make it worth watching the highlights later, because we're heading into town the city today...  Same thing for the rugby!  How I'll manage to keep myself from checking the BBC Sport app I dunno :P (And here, too, I guess.)

Edited by PhillippaT

With Fatawu back, I'd like Daka to start. Those front 3 were electric during the second half of December.

I'd prefer Vardy over Cannon for this. Vardy loves a goal against these and will thrive off their atmosphere.

Use Cannon at home midweek, he's still developing .. Miles off the finished article for me 

8 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Here's hoping they play well enough to make it worth watching the highlights later, because we're heading into town the city today...  Same thing for the rugby!  How I'll manage to keep myself from checking the BBC Sport app I dunno :P (And here, too, I guess.)

Same sort of thing here.. First child free day in ages so off out for a few beers .. although I'll be looking at the scores every 2 minutes. Havent drank in 6 months so ill be home by full time 🤣

3 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Surely it will be Daka starting. Plymouth played a high press against us when Schumacher was their manager as there was space in behind.

Now he's taken over at stoke he could potentially play the same way so it points towards Daka starting.

Probably right. Personally I'd like to see Cannon however Enzo has made a clear indication with Daka bringing him straight back into the team. I don't think he played that well against Swansea but did set up the first and win the penalty for the second. Perhaps would be harsh if dropped.

Whoever we choose, whilst I get the importance of rotation,  we need our main striker to be playing consistently to ensure their match sharpness & confidence. Either Cannon or Daka, they need a run of games.

6 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Anyone know a good away fan pub near the ground?

We've booked a parking space about 20 mins walk at a sainsburys. 

Last time I went I'm sure there was a counting house type pub / restaurant within walking distance.

Was a few years ago now though and it is stoke so it's probably derelict now.

Just now, egg_fried_rice said:

Stoke are shite. Should be a comfortable win, even away from home.

Their 6 game home form puts them bottom of the table. Lost 3 and drawn 3.  Really should be doing a number on this lot today.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Oh indeed, but opinions based on actual facts surely and not just plain stupidity?

No chance mate! Have you seen the "general chat" area...🤣

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

And Cannon was involved in the last two against Birmingham. He's got more presence than Daka and always looking for a ball in behind the CBs, anticipation seems better. It's the toss of a coin but I'd trust Cannon to finish from 6 yards, Daka isn't as convincing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

And Cannon was involved in the last two against Birmingham. He's got more presence than Daka and always looking for a ball in behind the CBs, anticipation seems better. It's the toss of a coin but I'd trust Cannon to finish from 6 yards, Daka isn't as convincing.

To be fair I like what I see in Cannon too. I think he’s got all the attributes to be a top striker. Wouldn’t be disappointed with either of them starting, just don’t like the unjustifiable grief aimed at Daka.