Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

I want to put down a major point that might get forgotten…

Enzo needs not the confidence of the fans,but the Club,and the club,supports him

at all levels especially that the dissenters are not among the board.

The club has to give all they can to Enzo..more importantly leaway..

Enzo will accept financial restraint and even undesired player transfer out movement,but club and most fans support must prevail, he’s shown the fans

he has earnt their respect and belief, club has to show that initial belief and prevail

over all crests and troughs,especially while 34/26 ratio is higher than anything expected..

The PL task will be hard enough,but Enzo and system will need the whole of next

season even if we return 30/14 ratio. The system Enzo and squad needs time to

develope and grow at the higher level.

My doctors have called me a phenomenon,because their patients with my stage

IV -V stage C,and other like  complications have at 90% loss succombed..

Lets say I would love the LCFC fan and club base within my time of struggles,

realise they too have a Enzo-Phenomenon that can present us ( unlike me) a long period era.He too needs belief that  the club and fans are behind him,worth a 5+yr

base to get the Enzo-system off the ground and build a Leicester city story within FFP as good as a Man.city story…..Anyone just needs that support and belief..

To all fans and club..try it..!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

so youd rather us long pass it forward every time and hope it works

as Enzo said before a match is a like a game of chess, cant always just brute force it

There’s a difference between a long hopeful pass and a good forward pass which I think most people are after.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Anyone who says I can’t see these players performing in the prem is a short sighted idiot

I would say 

Faes (with a good partner)

Winks

KDH

Mavididi

Fatawu

Cannon (potential)

Justin

Ndidi

Mads

All have the ability or potential (or both) to contribute to a PL team. That is more than many other side that have gone up to PL in many years. 

Daka, Vestegaard, Kel, Doyle, Coady not added to that list due to certain aspects of play or due to contracts expiring. Potentially could be. 

In short, I agree with you. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I do think there is some deliberate misunderstanding of fans frustrations in here.

I'm not a GERRIT FORWUD merchant by any means, however I do get frustrated with the negative decisions our players often take. 

There's been plenty of occasions where a promising attack is developing after beating the opponents press and we stop, turn back to our own goal and repeat the Faes-Vesty-Mads loop. Some players (like JJ for example) don't seem to be able to make a forward pass.

I understand anybody being frustrated watching us play at times this season. Who knows, perhaps last night in the absence of a dodgy penalty we might have found ourselves looking at another 1-1 after refusing to put a dreadful Swansea side to the sword.

That being said, it in no way excuses the dreadful atmosphere. Our fans are a weird bunch in that such a large amount of them don't seem to actually want to be there, it's as if going down the City is part of a community service sentence or something.

You see..you concentrate on the negative and make remarks over Justin,who plays to the system,has scored and made drive forwards making and sharing like others

assists or assist to assists.

They all might take 5 steps backwards,to produce 2 steps forwards..but remember

how many type of Leeds ( or most sides) fancy drive forward trickles out to nothing..

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I will question the wisdom of the Mercury in releasing this story with  a bit of a sensationalist headline.  This article helps no one in any way shape or form. It achieves nothing other than to poke the bear. 

There is nothing ' boiling over' about Maresca. He's as cool as a cucumber.

Exactly this well said 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Highly unlikely we will see a mass turnover of players, most of these players already performed well in the Prem. The midfield was a big issue last season and is the reason we got relegated. this time round we will have a much better system and midfield.

we also had Amartey and Luke Thomas featuring most weeks in defence along with Danny Ward in goal.

I'd be shocked if there's not a massive turnover. Plenty out of contract that we need off the books so we can sign players without taking our wage-turnover ratio into the stratosphere.

Edited by filbertway

My advice to Enzo, tighten up.  Fix this crap on Saturday.

Get your spotless trainers on, take Luke Cundle down on the sideline and choke half the life out of him.

There.  Now you’ve got your bases covered.  Sun’s back in its heaven.

• Haha 2

If you think the passing around at the back is pointless, you need to pay more attention to what the opposition are doing while we do it - their forwards and midfielders are being made to make repeated shuttle runs side to side to close us down. At the same time we are doing it, Vestergard, faes, hermansen etc are barely having to move at all. There's a reason we score more in the second half, the passing at the back softens them up and slows them down, then we can exploit them and create more later on.

Feels like we've spent years on here complaining the team/manager can't break down an organised defence on a team that sits back. Now we can. Yes, it involves patience and back passing, but that's because the opposition is often here with the sole intention of sitting back and stifling the game. Blame them, they have rocked up to do nothing exciting, the passing at the back is a necessity to draw out the opposition, soften them up and then break through. It's like trying to pry open an oyster, it's just sat there clammed up and we are going to each side of it trying to lever the bloody thing open!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I would say 

Faes (with a good partner)

Winks

KDH

Mavididi

Fatawu

Cannon (potential)

Justin

Ndidi

Mads

All have the ability or potential (or both) to contribute to a PL team. That is more than many other side that have gone up to PL in many years. 

Daka, Vestegaard, Kel, Doyle, Coady not added to that list due to certain aspects of play or due to contracts expiring. Potentially could be. 

In short, I agree with you. 

I would add Vestergaard will be the ace in the whole..he like others might first

have a few close shaves but it’s his style that will control with Winks our tact.

With more gobsmacking pleasant suprises..

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I will question the wisdom of the Mercury in releasing this story with  a bit of a sensationalist headline.  This article helps no one in any way shape or form. It achieves nothing other than to poke the bear. 

There is nothing ' boiling over' about Maresca. He's as cool as a cucumber.

Excellent and best point,and words most likely taken out of context.

• Thanks 1

It’s amazing how polarising this topic is. 
You don’t have to be a football hipster to understand or appreciate the current style just as you don’t need to be a knuckle dragging mouth breather to want to see a little more flamboyance in our play. 
Football at the top level has changed to adapt the current philosophy but it will also continue to adapt. My concern is that we are implementing a style of play that has already been implemented by most other top level teams who are way ahead of us at the moment. By the time we catch up they will have adapted again. 
You can’t shake up the established elite by copying what they do using weaker players. 
At the moment we’re flat track bullies with the talent in our squad to beat most teams in the division regardless of style. 
All credit to Enzo for picking a style that works right now but also bear in mind he didn’t develop this style himself. He’s clearly a genius to have turned Vestergaard into a potential player of the season but let’s not pretend he is running some tactical masterclass week in week out. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

If you think the passing around at the back is pointless, you need to pay more attention to what the opposition are doing while we do it - their forwards and midfielders are being made to make repeated shuttle runs side to side to close us down. At the same time we are doing it, Vestergard, faes, hermansen etc are barely having to move at all. There's a reason we score more in the second half, the passing at the back softens them up and slows them down, then we can exploit them and create more later on.

Feels like we've spent years on here complaining the team/manager can't break down an organised defence on a team that sits back. Now we can. Yes, it involves patience and back passing, but that's because the opposition is often here with the sole intention of sitting back and stifling the game. Blame them, they have rocked up to do nothing exciting, the passing at the back is a necessity to draw out the opposition, soften them up and then break through. It's like trying to pry open an oyster, it's just sat there clammed up and we are going to each side of it trying to lever the bloody thing open!

Why do the opposition keep scoring at the end if they are worn out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

The people moaning are the ones who,  probably, didn't regularly experience the very lows of the Holloway/Allen times to appreciate the club's situation now.

Firmly believe relegation will be a blessing in disguise in the long-run.

It’s an easy thing to say, but it isn’t true in my experience. 

Fans with these honking opinions (as with protecting Rodgers last year) are often more than old enough to have been through much much worse. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

Why do the opposition keep scoring at the end if they are worn out?

They are desperate, chasing the game and just lobbing every thing forwards to try and get something. Most of those goals are from set pieces anyway, it's not as if we are being overwhelmed in open play, more that we are not that good at defending corners at the moment. Wba was a long throw (and we scored a winner ourselves because the desperate west brom had chucked so many people forward we did them on the counter attack), yesterday was a corner, Millwall at home was corners. Other than Ipswich and their spawny deflections, most of these late goals are because we aren't great at set piece defending.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

:appl:

Sad but true, very well put!

I think it will be a generational thing. When I go back and watch First Division games from the 70s or 80s, I can't help but laugh my head off. It's so slow, players literally playing with massive hangovers from binge-drinking the night before, hit and hope football, actual racism and hooliganism from the stands... it truly was something. To be fair at least some teams showed the way, such as Liverpool under Paisley, but there's a reason why post World Cup win the national team fell off miles, and other countries laughed at the style of play our teams used.

Younger fans are much more accepting of new ideas; playing out from the back, changing formation mid-match / phase of play, keeping possession rather than needlessly giving it away.

Mate during lockdown I watched the Liverpool vs Newcastle game from 1996 which is considered a premier league class between two of the top teams in the league and I couldn't believe how bad it was. It makes me laugh when people wax lyrical about the Arsenal and Man United teams from the 90s and 00s when in truth the Man City team of today would rip them apart. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

There’s a difference between a long hopeful pass and a good forward pass which I think most people are after.

am i the only one that thinks we do this? 

We switch it up quite regularly but are happen to patiently wait for the opening to arrive. Some people are less patient than others 

• Like 1

:wave: bye Maresca.

Any manager that is going to chuck his teddies out of the pram, and tell fans who are blue through and through, forever that they cannot express themselves during a match how they wish, is simply on a different reality.

Just to be clear, he is achievng what is expected of him, and im not a fan of Maresca ball.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

It’s an easy thing to say, but it isn’t true in my experience. 

Fans with these honking opinions (as with protecting Rodgers last year) are often more than old enough to have been through much much worse. 

Were they watching City though or were they a mile up the road?