Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

2 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but he wasn’t made aware we had to sell to bring in Sensi - comms are awful.

Let's ignore the fact he was saying we had to sell to buy in the summer and has been saying the same since the start of the winter window. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but he wasn’t made aware we had to sell to bring in Sensi - comms are awful.

:D if we were all aware I'm pretty sure Enzo would have been. 

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

In most top level sports, yes. 

Don't think that's the case in football though. A lot of "entertainment" comes from things other than winning. In the past 10 years, even when not winning, we've had some other sort of interesting drama. Banter with friends, colleagues, off the pitch stuff, schadenfreude about rival teams misfortunes etc. Not just style of play, although that is also part of it. It is all entertainment. 

I can see why other people think that way, but I don't.

For me, the entertainment factor comes from beating the team in front of us, using whatever legal method works best. The result.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Nah, not within the next few weeks. I wouldn't be too surprised if he's offered a job at a big club in Italy or Spain in the summer and jumps at it though.

Most of those clubs have got less money than we have, he's staying until if/when we start getting pumped in the prem 

16 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I understand he has told the club if they don’t do any business this window as he requested he will leave in the summer.

If that’s the case we are royally screwed.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Also, he's been spouting the same mantra about having to sell to buy at every opportunity! 

Exactly. I cant believe one transfer that looks like it might not happen but still could  and a few comments by Enzo and the next thing we know The manager is leaving :D

Its been an odd day especially after a convincing 3-1 win! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I can see why other people think that way, but I don't.

For me, the entertainment factor comes from beating the team in front of us, using whatever legal method works best. The result.

I guess then you really dont need to watch the game, you can just check the results the next day 

• Like 2

This could end up being the most underwhelming promotion we have ever had. That is nothing to do with Enzo. We have so many fans who feel we should not be in this league they forget the team needs support. Part of me is dreading the day we win promotion as the atmosphere will no doubt be flat or half hearted apart from the usuals. I could see him gaining promotion and walking. This season is only about one thing, promotion. We have seen enough former premier league teams roll up this year who also no doubt thought they should be in the premier league and are now treading water.

I think we trust the process , see how Enzo ball works against better teams who will pose more of a threat and in theory give us more space to pass pass pass.

My main concern is the club ownership and hope they have learned the lessons of  last year. 

• Like 1

On the whole I think his comments are pretty fair. He has been the victim of his own success to some extent, in that the run of games to start the season meant peoples expectations went up a notch.

I think he has done a fantastic job and it was by no means a given that we would be in such a strong position now when you take into account the downwards trajectory we were on.

That said, when was the last time a manager walked away and gave up their fat paycheck because some fans were grumbling about the style. Give me a break.

Edited by ajthefox
Grammar.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

On the whole I think his comments are pretty fair. He has been the victim of his own success to some extent, in that the run of games to start the season meant peoples expectations went up a notch.

I think he has done a fantastic job and it was by no means a given that we would be in such a strong position now when you take into account the downwards trajectory we were on.

That said, when was the last time a manager walked away and gave up their fat paycheck because some fans were grumbling about the style. Give me a break.

I'm convinced he means that if the club aren't buying into his methods, rather than the fan base. Whoever reported that has done him dirty to be honest.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Unbelievable, on here today. Today must break the record for the amount of absolute drivel ever written on Foxestalk in a 24hr period! - And that's some statement!

I dunno, election time (both UK and US) over in GC might give it a run for its money. :D

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, K789 said:

Most of those clubs have got less money than we have, he's staying until if/when we start getting pumped in the prem 

Fair point. That is especially true in Italy. A big Italian club wouldn't buy him out of his contract with us, let alone up his salary and give him substantial financial backing. 

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Unbelievable, on here today. Today must break the record for the amount of absolute drivel ever written on Foxestalk in a 24hr period! - And that's some statement!

I'm glad it's not just me.  I thought I'd seen some histrionics in this gaff but Christ on a bike today has been quite astonishing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I jokingly said to someone that i resign from me job every week. Stuff happens all the time that boils my piss, i vent a bit and then get up and start again the next day. I am just glad a don't get interviewed twice a week.

At least most of our fans wont have the inconvenience of having to go to the KP for a little while.

• Like 1

The age old debate of what matters more - Winning or playing "exciting football"? 

I don't think he's really arsed, and why should he be? His/the teams record under his tenure stands up for itself. He makes it very clear, this is the way, he will not be swayed from that and the second the club/it's fans are at odds with that, he'll walk. We'll replace him with some s***e and yo-yo like the LCFC of old. Some would rather that than let this manager build something that could sustain us as a PL club for our future again. 

And the likelihood is that if Enzo does decide to leave, certainly if it happens before a return to the Prem, he leaves with his stock very high and gets another job rather easily, probably at a club who can afford 2 bags of crisps and a can of coke for a new midfielder!

The loser here, IMO, is undoubtedly the club. Yes we have good players, some too good for this division, but to suggest that any manager could come here and do what he's done (which some on here do) is ridiculous. Get behind the team, (hopefully) Enzo gets a window where he can bring in some more of his own personnel and let's see where it takes us.

The remit was promotion, that's going well, I'm really not sure what we've got to moan about?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Death by Football said:

It’s amazing how polarising this topic is. 
You don’t have to be a football hipster to understand or appreciate the current style just as you don’t need to be a knuckle dragging mouth breather to want to see a little more flamboyance in our play. 
Football at the top level has changed to adapt the current philosophy but it will also continue to adapt. My concern is that we are implementing a style of play that has already been implemented by most other top level teams who are way ahead of us at the moment. By the time we catch up they will have adapted again. 
You can’t shake up the established elite by copying what they do using weaker players. 
At the moment we’re flat track bullies with the talent in our squad to beat most teams in the division regardless of style. 
All credit to Enzo for picking a style that works right now but also bear in mind he didn’t develop this style himself. He’s clearly a genius to have turned Vestergaard into a potential player of the season but let’s not pretend he is running some tactical masterclass week in week out. 

Enzo is not playing PEP system,he has taken the base idea,

but put a lot of his own transmitions and ideology.
The media like to build angles,comparisons ,controversies.So lazy joe reader

bites and can’t be bothered to work out other peoples input..

I liked @StriderHiryu and others earlier tactical explanations towards this

new world approach. It turned my head and helped me understand the modern

approach, Excuse me for a bit of arrogance,but being a wise old codger that is a

so also full of flaws,but a troubleshooting background this wisdom also of reading between lines and not take everything before him in life from human construction, or  natures open book of first presentation as verbatim.  Enzo is not PEP,his experience and own self  will use and create his own ideology based on “HIS “own aspirations. Don’t short fall any of the new Managers coming through,with slightly different angles and approaches…

Its jus Enzo is ours,and he’s creating these great ideas & memories in thankfully

our colours…We couldnt dream of this guy and our raggamuffins of a squad meshing from the getgo and keeping it up..plus shown learn phases and finding

strong slot ins in various positions. This forum wasn’t hot on KDH or Ndidi,

Vestergaard/Faes Justin and Choudhury,even Daka.

Sometimes we are like our small brother,or irritating uncle at times just can’t keep

their mouth shut..:crylaugh:

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect he'll be far more frustrated with the off the field issues than the fans getting frustrated periodically. 

100%. I also think Enzo’s comments can sometimes be misconstrued with English being his second language. I think the questions about the fans grumbling may have prompted these comments but I’m right with you that he will have had the board’s confidence and ability more in mind with that particular statement.

As this relates to the larger discussion here about how the fans have taken or not taken to the football product, all I’ll plead to other fans is that we really need to support Enzo.

While some of his English can come across awkwardly (such saying about James Justin, “he has a fever, he’s cold” 😄) , he’s quite clear on every concept he puts across. Everything he said he would do about the way he’d have us play, the way he would manage his team, the way he’d get the squad unified, how he manages individuals, and how he will work to get the fans on board, he’s done.

He’s been getting the team to celebrate and show appreciation to the fans, and hems begging the fans all season to understand how he wants to play and see the value in it—and we play great stuff at this level!

Enzo Maresca is the only person in club leadership that has been honest to all stakeholders (his players, the board, the fans, and yes to the media even if he has been prickly some times) since he’s been here. I absolutely cannot say that about the board. It would be great if the disgruntled fans could show a little appreciation for what Maresca and the team are doing with more encouragement during the games instead of moaning every time someone makes a heavy touch or checks back. 

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 2