Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

6 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I think a lot of managers could have us right where we are now, yes.

Yeah.  Losing 4 games is a disgrace !!!     Lots of Managers would not have us where we are.

Maresca has done an incredible job with this team while giving younger players an opportunity .

Obviously he will need to bring in new players when we get promoted but this team will only get better with Enzo running the show.

• Like 3

There is nothing more irritating than the comments that keep coming in about how [insert PL team] will batter us if we play like that. We aren’t in the PL, and you are really reaching for problems if that is all you have got to say. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

There is nothing more irritating than the comments that keep coming in about how [insert PL team] will batter us if we play like that. We aren’t in the PL, and you are really reaching for problems off that is all you have got to say. 

It's infuriating. And you point it out to these people and get no response back because there's literally no argument to be made.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It makes me laugh how it’s has to be black and white between ‘possession football’ and ‘the get it long’ brigade

You can have both. This is all that those who are saying it’s boring are asking for. 

But we're already getting both, so I'm unsure what they're asking for. We already score goals from more direct, longer passes. The 3 goals here are all so different.

We also score some fantastic team moves and some from crosses into the box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I think anyone who screams forward at every pass under 30 yards or screams nooooo or stop playing out from the back any time Hermansen touches the ball should get a stadium ban tbh. 

it is a bit pathetic, we should be happy we are top of the table and winning most games at will.

The manager is a breath of fresh air compared to Rodgers stale football.

The fans should be 100% behind the team and manager especially those in the stadium, utter disgrace.

• Like 4

We've scored the most goals, with the meanest defence, we are top and (as it stands) 10pts clear of 2nd, we dominate possession and not relying on one person for the goals. We made some very good signings, but the are relegated players. He's motivated them to play a new style, implemented it quickly and to a winning formula and yet people are still moaning. 

He's clearly tactically aware and makes tweaks at half time that mostly works. Is he immune to mistakes, no. We will always lose games, have off days, but we are top. What else do people want. 

You can't win them all. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Love Enzo. Unfortunately some of the stench associated with last season doesn't seem to want to go away - i.e. no transfer budget and rumors of one of his top players getting sold this window. He's done everything asked of - and hopefully we get to find out whether his style will work in the Premier League. Sounds like he doesn't think so unless he gets some new players - which aren't coming in this window.

By the sound of things we are running close to the line with FFP but will have money to spend in the Summer window which is a better window anyway.

We will be losing some big earners in the Summer ( Vardy, Nacho, Praet ) so Enzo will have some flexibility with the  payroll .

I truly believe that Enzo is the Man to take us forward & for me he is a breath of fresh air after the Brendan era.

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Italians love resigning, it's football heritage for them. If Enzo gets p8ssed off, I don't see him staying. Shame little Northern Irishmen don't have the same impulses.

Let's get him on 200k a week and see if he fancies resigning then.

image.png.40390be1e7fddb2832b401a33c00fe9c.png 

The vocal discontent is ridiculous, but there's no way it would be significant enough for Enzo to leave. He's a smart man and currently at a club who has fully adopted his approach, including signing a keeper when we had 3, and getting rid of fullbacks where we were well stocked. Even some of those Prem clubs you look at, would not be able to immediately provide him with a squad which fits his system. If he leaves anytime soon then I expect it will be because he feels we haven't backed him in the transfer market upon promotion.

I don't mind him telling supporters how it is though. Far too many seem to actively despise going and yet continue to do so for 80 mins each week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

If the games is about tactically outthinking the opposition by passing and drawing players out of position then if you're watching that you're not going to be vocally backing the team, it seems to me that this style of play will result in a much quieter atmosphere for periods of time when this is taking place and sometimes that is quite a long time. 

It doesn't necessarily justify 'get it forwards' but I don't think you can expect a non-stop noisy atmosphere.

This is a good point.

Apart from scoring, crowds will appreciate and get noisy over a long cross field pass, defence splitting pass that finds a forward, great save from a goalie or slick and quick series of attacking passes.

Even though a series of passes in defence or midfield might draw an opponent out of position, it isn't until that has been exploited, folk will get vocal in a positive way.

38 minutes ago, weller54 said:

We're getting away with this style of football in The Championship. We won't in the PL... we'll be canon fodder! (and nothing to do with Tom 😁).

I don't see us getting away with anything at the moment !

We are beating teams week after week playing this style. Clubs scout us and know how we will play but still struggle against us.

Obviously we will need to bring in higher quality players for the premier & I don't expect us to challenge for top six but I really don't share your negativity in saying canon fodder.

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

it is a bit pathetic, we should be happy we are top of the table and winning most games at will.

The manager is a breath of fresh air compared to Rodgers stale football.

The fans should be 100% behind the team and manager especially those in the stadium, utter disgrace.

Sick of it tbh. It's non stop for 90 minutes every game around me. The other team can go the whole game having had one shot at goal from 45 yards and some how we're lucky to be 3-0 up not 5-0 down. 

Even Plymouth and Stoke had them at it. Blows my mind. If you're after attritional football surley supporting your local non-league side would be more your thing? 

I find myself going over the top the other way half the time because its so ****ing frustrating. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

How so?  They pay their money and can do what they want.  Putting money into the club is hardly against the best interests of the club.

I would suggest it's against the best interests of the club because the players respond to the crowd, and by being negative as a crowd they damage team performances. Like, I'm not convinced there's not a correlation between the streaming out at 85 minutes and the recent spate of stoppage time goals we're conceding 

24 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If only our fanbase was this vocally discontent under Rodgers, we'd probably have never been relegated 

Exactly this. Makes you sick that most of these moaners will be the ones happy clapping Brendan in his last 18 months and shouting 'who else can we get?' When it's pointed out he's a ****ing useless clown. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Does Rodgers have us in this position with this group of players?  Smith?

To criticise the job Enzo has done is beyond comprehension.  It's not worthy of my time.  The bloke is doing a fantastic job and that is all there is to say on the matter.

Not a chance. 

Rodgers is an absolutely talentless cretin. 

Smith just doesn't have the tactical ability. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I’ve been fed up for years and was planning to sack it off whether we stayed up or went down. The decision was made before he became manager and I didn’t renew in the summer, but the games I have been to or seen, have left me feeling pretty much the same.

That’s not all down to the football, I’m at a different point in life with a young family and a business to run. I’ve seen us win it all, so the appetite isn’t what it was. 

I’d need something that gets the blood pumping in terms of style to whet my appetite again I think. It’s no longer just about winning or supporting at any cost, I find that entertainment is now a massive factor, when in the past I just saw that as a bonus. 

Enzo has done a grand job and you won’t find me having a go at him about anything. Football in general, is just not for me at the moment. 

I’ll chat about it here or there, but I don’t really post much on here either any more. 

Yes life tends to get in the way,perspectives and priorities change…

I was a participating sports fanatic..also a fan where 75-90% with sport

taking up my time…then other things took over my life and I moved on,still

following from distance those ex-loved sports, I could still get into an emotional

sport debate,but drop it once area was left behind it..

Now with time ( or not) again on my hands,just love now being part of following

sport,hoped I could of gone to big events World wide…until I became disabled.

My hights like has a kid are Still Foxes,football & cricket,Tigers, then English International sport.,but also back in the grove of being an all sport fanatic,though

now,more a balanced following or don’t care too much attitude.