Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If only our fanbase was this vocally discontent under Rodgers, we'd probably have never been relegated 

Nailed it. In any other European league (especially Spain/Italy/Greece) BR would have been forced to resign or get the sack under the fans pressure. The majority of us were watching the ship sink but the stadium was a church service where BR was showing live his "sins" and almost everyone was accepting it. 

On the other hand, this season under Enzo there were many times our midfielders had acres of space to make runs forward or at least bring the ball quicker forward but they choose to backpass or sidepass instead. Why is this happening: Either they're following Enzo's instructions or they lack the quality to be more creative and aggressive pushing forward. Or it's the latter, Enzo knows about that, he doesn't have full confidence in them and prefers to play it safe as he knows the opposition won't be able to gegenpress. 

It seems we'll get promoted but we need a proper overhaul in certain positions. Enzo knows that, can the board meet the manager's expectations? This is the crucial question. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

Not a chance. 

Rodgers is an absolutely talentless cretin. 

Smith just doesn't have the tactical ability. 

Exactly my point and yet still people moan with where we are right now?  Ridiculous!

It's as if the shadow of Rodgers hasn't left the building and people are still left clinging onto his negative vibes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Not a chance. 

Rodgers is an absolutely talentless cretin. 

Smith just doesn't have the tactical ability

bit harsh on smith that.  Only so much you can polish a turd yet I feel if he’d been in a couple of games sooner, we could have stayed up..

1 minute ago, MPH said:

bit harsh on smith that.  Only so much you can polish a turd yet I feel if he’d been in a couple of games sooner, we could have stayed up..

Maybe! 

Just think maybe he's a bit old school for the modern game. I'd put him alongside the likes of Pulis in that sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MPH said:

I will question the wisdom of the Mercury in releasing this story with  a bit of a sensationalist headline.  This article helps no one in any way shape or form. It achieves nothing other than to poke the bear. 

There is nothing ' boiling over' about Maresca. He's as cool as a cucumber.

Classic crap click bait journalism 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

I mean Smith is a reasonable manager but at the same time, his Villa side needed the playoffs. I think if we'd appointed him we'd be on around 50-55 points and scrapping with Southampton, Ipswich and Leeds, not sprinting away from them

7 hours ago, Shit_arse said:

You don't need confidence in these players at Prem level - were not at that level. 

Again a deluded response. 

Lets get promoted first and allow Enzo to have a proper go next year. 

How do you know Brighton would score 5 against us! They got hammered by Luton last night! 

Flavour of the month knocked off their perch!

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean Smith is a reasonable manager but at the same time, his Villa side needed the playoffs. I think if we'd appointed him we'd be on around 50-55 points and scrapping with Southampton, Ipswich and Leeds, not sprinting away from them

he’s no world beater, but judging him on the short stint he was here and the situation he walked into is not really fair..

4 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

so youd rather us long pass it forward every time and hope it works

as Enzo said before a match is a like a game of chess, cant always just brute force it

Some would rather see us play like Stoke under Pulis or Cambridge under John Beck.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

he’s no world beater, but judging him on the short stint he was here and the situation he walked into is not really fair..

I'm not judging him on the stint here but on his career to date, reasonable manager but not far too good for this division the way Enzo is based on their performances in this division 

8 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Agree with him to some extent, but baring in mind the squad he has, and the standard of opposition in comparison,  let's not pretend he's worked miracles.

Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas, Kristiansen,  Mendy, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes and Perez all left to play at a higher level. Six of those would have been first 11.

• Like 1

Football has just evolved so much to this style in general. Far less teams play exciting free flowing football. Pep broke football in that way.  A controlling style of play will always be a hard watch when your players aren’t at the races 

Why when there is a vast majority of the fanbase chanting about him and genuinely positive about the style and him being here does he rise to the few? Can he not take criticism? I'm not a huge fan of the possession style we employ but I don't complain as it's better than what's been served up in recent years and reaping results.

He needs to just focus on the game, stop calling out the fans and get us on side!

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'm not judging him on the stint here but on his career to date, reasonable manager but not far too good for this division the way Enzo is based on their performances in this division 

No I didn’t mean you were but the person was who I originally was quoting , which was the post you responded to

28 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Maybe! 

Just think maybe he's a bit old school for the modern game. I'd put him alongside the likes of Pulis in that sense.

Just what we needed at the end of last season.

Walsh, Taggart, Elliott andy Alan Young players that would fight.

The bunch of wet fvcking lettuces we had was the reason we went down. To many of them didn't give a fvck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It makes me laugh how it’s has to be black and white between ‘possession football’ and ‘the get it long’ brigade

You can have both. This is all that those who are saying it’s boring are asking for. 

I said it many times last season but the football snobbery from some people is astounding.

People are very short sighted if they think it’s one or the other.

There is a time and place for all styles but not one, exclusively.

For the record I don’t think Enzo does do one exclusively, he does have a preferred style and it takes a lot for him to change but, at times, he will and has changed tact.

However, I think as the season has gone on he does seem more stubborn to change, a lot of emphasis on control (ironically I felt we were more in control earlier in the season) and it can be argued it’s very much a case of “when plan A doesn’t work, do plan A better”. Meme or not. This is perhaps him implementing his style, which is kind of concerning in itself.

• Like 2

Honestly I think his (and perhaps the players) biggest issue is that at full time, there's about 40% of fans in the stadium still left. Frankly I don't blame them. Enzo may feel that the fans are not being appreciative enough for the work and position the team have got us into. Our fans need to take a long look at themselves, yes players come and go but fans are the heartbeat of the club, BUT the fans need to be there to celebrate the wins, spur on the players in losses, applaud their efforts at the end of the game. 

Maybe if these are leaving early to beat the queues, perhaps the club need to look at flow management to help facilitate a quicker exit after full time. Perhaps they don't open the doors until full time? 

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It makes me laugh how it’s has to be black and white between ‘possession football’ and ‘the get it long’ brigade

You can have both. This is all that those who are saying it’s boring are asking for. 

We've had both. Look at our goals across the season, counter attacks, crosses, passing moves and screamers from outside the box.

Keeping possession wears out the opposition (more goals than anyone else in the final 15mins) and is the best way to ensure they can't attack effectively or put on any pressure. Sure, it'd be great to be knocking it into the channels watching the striker sprint onto it and smashing it in the bottom corner but I'm not sure any of our strikers are capable/suitable of running channels or that we've got a midfielder that can regularly thread balls through like that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

I will question the wisdom of the Mercury in releasing this story with  a bit of a sensationalist headline.  This article helps no one in any way shape or form. It achieves nothing other than to poke the bear. 

There is nothing ' boiling over' about Maresca. He's as cool as a cucumber.

Exactly what I thought, putting the hype into hyperbole.