Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Why on earth, with 22 wins in 29 and 10 points clear, and heading for a record points haul, would anyone NOT already be on side?

Self entitlement, lack of understanding of football, general bellendness etc....

Edited by foxfanazer

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Why on earth, with 22 wins in 29 and 10 points clear, and heading for a record points haul, would anyone NOT already be on side?

In the general public, a significant amount of people come across as though they’ve recently had a significant blow to the head. Football fans are no different. 

We could win the FA cup this season from the 2nd tier and some would still moan that we won it wrong. Can’t please everyone. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 4

I can understand his frustrations but I also understand why some fans get frustrated. Our league position, points tally and results is magnificent and there is no doubting that. The problem is that we do have periods of games where its just really dull like 15-40 minutes yesterday against Swansea. Started great for 15 mins, had a nice Sunday stroll for the next 25 mins and then came back good again for the last 5 of the half. Of course nobody is expecting peak barce levels for 90 minutes but I feel we seem to drop tempo at key points in games allowing the opposition to grow in confidence. We missed some glaring chances yesterday but after having Swansea on the ropes for the opening 15, we then just strolled around and allowed them back into the game instead of just steam rollering them and having the game won by ht. The sloppy late goals we concede also pisses people off as its been a constant for most of the season. We conceded some pathetic goals from just switching off in the final 10 minutes. The expectations are very high because of the results we've had and because the players have played at an exceptional level for the majority of the season. I do feel Enzo has over reacted a little here. Every stadium and every fan base has a small minority of people that moan and groan but its not worth threatening to walk out over. Whilst I like Enzo and appreciate what he's done turning us around in such a short period of time, nobody is bigger than this club so if he doesn't want to be here he can go. We have just had 12 months of a manager who didn't want to be here, and that caused us to be in the mess we found ourselves in. 

• Like 2

It’s not criticising the results and where we are it’s the debate whether we can continue playing that way in the premiership. Imo we can’t and we’ll get beat heavily most weeks if we do. It’s also Marescas stubbornness which ultimately will cost him next season if he doesn’t. All I want to see is some flexibility tactically during matches. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Yeah.  Losing 4 games is a disgrace !!!     Lots of Managers would not have us where we are.

Maresca has done an incredible job with this team while giving younger players an opportunity .

Obviously he will need to bring in new players when we get promoted but this team will only get better with Enzo running the show.

Who's said its a disgrace? Can't recall using that word - in fact - I can't remember saying he was even doing remotely badly.

It was obviously just wrong of me to assume that he wasn't the only person on the planet who could have us where we are in the league right now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Evidently aren't if he's calling them out... I don't know why but going at the fans won't be doing any good.

36 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Why when there is a vast majority of the fanbase chanting about him and genuinely positive about the style and him being here does he rise to the few? Can he not take criticism? I'm not a huge fan of the possession style we employ but I don't complain as it's better than what's been served up in recent years and reaping results.

He needs to just focus on the game, stop calling out the fans and get us on side!

The majority are on side as you've already said. Calling out those that refuse to get behind the team, leave early and can't see past 2016 is fine by me.

We're ripping this league a new one. We're far too good for most teams in the division. Once we go up, it'll be more precarious for those who like a twitchy ar5ehole.

I genuinely worry that this kind of thing will become a self-fulfilling prophecy though. The vocal minority complaining while we're on course for a record season and bouncing back to the Premier League at the first attempt, playing the kind of football that, if we sign the right players, could be extremely successful in the top tier. More and more people will join in because it becomes the opinion to agree with and eventually Enzo will walk because we're booing a 4-0 win instead of a plucky 2-2 draw against the odds.

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

It’s not criticising the results and where we are it’s the debate whether we can continue playing that way in the premiership. Imo we can’t and we’ll get beat heavily most weeks if we do. It’s also Marescas stubbornness which ultimately will cost him next season if he doesn’t. All I want to see is some flexibility tactically during matches. 

are you more tactically aware than Enzo ? why did you not get the job ? I don't know ho anyone can form an opinion especially a negative one on what will happen next season when we are sitting top of the league

Edited by whoareyaaa

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I can understand his frustrations but I also understand why some fans get frustrated. Our league position, points tally and results is magnificent and there is no doubting that. The problem is that we do have periods of games where its just really dull like 15-40 minutes yesterday against Swansea. Started great for 15 mins, had a nice Sunday stroll for the next 25 mins and then came back good again for the last 5 of the half. Of course nobody is expecting peak barce levels for 90 minutes but I feel we seem to drop tempo at key points in games allowing the opposition to grow in confidence. We missed some glaring chances yesterday but after having Swansea on the ropes for the opening 15, we then just strolled around and allowed them back into the game instead of just steam rollering them and having the game won by ht. The sloppy late goals we concede also pisses people off as its been a constant for most of the season. We conceded some pathetic goals from just switching off in the final 10 minutes. The expectations are very high because of the results we've had and because the players have played at an exceptional level for the majority of the season. I do feel Enzo has over reacted a little here. Every stadium and every fan base has a small minority of people that moan and groan but its not worth threatening to walk out over. Whilst I like Enzo and appreciate what he's done turning us around in such a short period of time, nobody is bigger than this club so if he doesn't want to be here he can go. We have just had 12 months of a manager who didn't want to be here, and that caused us to be in the mess we found ourselves in. 

Find me any team that sustains performances for 90 minutes and then we can talk. 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

WE ARE NOT IN THE "PREMIERSHIP". HE IS MANAGING US IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND HAS US COMFORTABLY TOP AND ON COURSE TO BREAK THE POINTS RECORD

MODS PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS TO ANYBODY WHO POSTS THIS NONSENSICAL POINT

Yes. So it’s highly likely we’ll be in the premiership next season. 
What’s nonsensical about it? I’m pointing out imo if/when we go up we will get beaten heavily most weeks playing this way. We are getting away with it in this division because majority of sides are extremely poor with the exception of 4 or 5 sides. 

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

WE ARE NOT IN THE "PREMIERSHIP". HE IS MANAGING US IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND HAS US COMFORTABLY TOP AND ON COURSE TO BREAK THE POINTS RECORD

I find it easier just to dismiss any point made by someone who can't even get the name of the League correct.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

What’s nonsensical about it? I’m pointing out imo if/when we go up we will get beaten heavily most weeks playing this way. We are getting away with it in this division because majority of sides are extremely poor with the exception of 4 or 5 sides. 

Bar 6 or 7 sides we would match anyone in the prem right now and we are yet to sign players to improve the current team along with the players outgoing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

So moan now whilst we're storming the league because your mystic powers are so powerful that you're already annoyed we've just lost to Liverpool in 12 months time. 

I'm not sure if it's changed since the top league was called the "premiership" but I'm pretty sure you're allowed to sign players in the summer so maybe we'll sign players more adept at playing this style. Or maybe Enzo sees this as the best way of playing in the championship (the table suggests he's right) but he'll have us playing differently when we're promoted 

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I mean you've put it in bold and everything

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Find me any team that sustains performances for 90 minutes and then we can talk. 

As I said, nobody expects us to play at a high tempo for 90 mins, but completely taking our foot off the gas and dropping tempo for 25 mins of the 1st half yesterday was crap. Swansea are utterly appalling and we had them on the ropes, totally shell shocked, making mistakes all over the pitch and then we just stopped and let them back in the game. Given our record of conceding late goals, it's understandable that it is frustrating when we are winning 1-0 and then just totally drop off. Of course, the result in the end was great yesterday, as they have been for most of the season but we run the risk of dropping more points if we keep giving confidence and momentum to the opposition rather than getting games done and dusted early. Of course, if our finishing had been better yesterday we'd have been 3-0 up at ht and this thread probably wouldn't have even been here. 

9 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

This fan base doesn't deserve Maresca at all. 

After the dross of Rodgers over the last 2 years and the disastrous way we went down last season, you'd think people would enjoy us winning most games, being 10 points clear at the top and playing a style of football that dominates large patches of most games. 

But it feels like 60-80% of the fans only like "GET IT FORWARD" 

Most of the recent games I have watched us play we havent dominated.

Cant argue with the results though, but I think the points are also very valid in terms of our squad strength vs most of the league.

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

are you more tactically aware than Enzo ? why did you not get the job ? I don't know ho anyone can form an opinion especially a negative one on what will happen next season when we are sitting top of the league

Why can’t you have an opinion on next season? Even if it’s negative. Should fans not be concerned if they have a different opinion from the majority? It’s just my opinion that I think this division is extremely poor and if we go up we’ll struggle playing this style of football without being flexible tactically. 

• Like 1