Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Why can’t you have an opinion on next season? Even if it’s negative. Should fans not be concerned if they have a different opinion from the majority? It’s just my opinion that I think this division is extremely poor and if we go up we’ll struggle playing this style of football without being flexible tactically. 

I'm mainly on about the people in the stadium who are jeering at the way we are playing when we are sitting top of the league and stats.

Along with saying players are not good enough as if the Prem league is some kind of powerhouse there are plenty of shit teams in there as well.

Most of our players have already played in the Prem.

No idea how anyone can be forming a negative opinion when we can also bloster the squad in the summer if we get promoted. 

Edited by whoareyaaa

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So moan now whilst we're storming the league because your mystic powers are so powerful that you're already annoyed we've just lost to Liverpool in 12 months time. 

I'm not sure if it's changed since the top league was called the "premiership" but I'm pretty sure you're allowed to sign players in the summer so maybe we'll sign players more adept at playing this style. Or maybe Enzo sees this as the best way of playing in the championship (the table suggests he's right) but he'll have us playing differently when we're promoted 

I don’t think he will have us playing differently. I hope he does. He’ll need to. 

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

If only our fanbase was this vocally discontent under Rodgers, we'd probably have never been relegated 

It's mental, isn't it? 

We'd endured 18 months of utter dogshit, absolutely nosediving towards the Champo and narcissistic sociopath Rodgers had almost single-handedly created the most toxic environment we'd seen in a generation at this club. 

And you had our smooth-brained fans clapping off the team and arguing with people who dared to suggest that should he just fvck off - as he should have - we might have a chance of survival. 

The worst thing is, inside the stadium it didn't even seem like the minority at the time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If they're that difficult to please (snobby, perhaps?), what he says won't make any difference.

If it won’t make a difference then why say it? It’s a

minority who feel this way, just ignore them.. you’ve got the backing of the fanbase, there will always be those that you can’t please but I don’t see what good it does to say you’re off if people feels this way. 

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

If it won’t make a difference then why say it? It’s a

minority who feel this way, just ignore them.. you’ve got the backing of the fanbase, there will always be those that you can’t please but I don’t see what good it does to say you’re off if people feels this way. 

He hasn't said that, has he? I think it's worth reading beyond the headline, and also make allowances for English not being his first language.

15 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

As I said, nobody expects us to play at a high tempo for 90 mins, but completely taking our foot off the gas and dropping tempo for 25 mins of the 1st half yesterday was crap. Swansea are utterly appalling and we had them on the ropes, totally shell shocked, making mistakes all over the pitch and then we just stopped and let them back in the game. Given our record of conceding late goals, it's understandable that it is frustrating when we are winning 1-0 and then just totally drop off. Of course, the result in the end was great yesterday, as they have been for most of the season but we run the risk of dropping more points if we keep giving confidence and momentum to the opposition rather than getting games done and dusted early. Of course, if our finishing had been better yesterday we'd have been 3-0 up at ht and this thread probably wouldn't have even been here. 

So crap we easily won? I don't get it. This isn't Sunday league when you're going to smash teams 11-0.

The title win is something I'll treasure for the rest of my life but it really did leave us with the worst fanbase imaginable. Make no noise at games but demand to be entertained constantly even if the manager has us on course for a record points haul. Hoped a few of the hangers on would've pissed off by now but clearly not 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He hasn't said that, has he? I think it's worth reading beyond the headline, and also make allowances for English not being his first language.

“I arrive in this club to play with this idea. The moment there is some doubt about the idea, the day after I will leave. It's so clear. No doubts."

Get that his first language isn’t English but that’s quite the comment to make publicly.

Just now, sbfox said:

So crap we easily won? I don't get it. This isn't Sunday league when you're going to smash teams 11-0.

Again, as you did in your first reply, you've taken my comments completely out of context. I said, it was crap that we dropped tempo for most of the first half. We weren't 3-1 up at ht. The result was good. The league standing and points tally is amazing. The quality of the football for long periods of games isn't. That's my point. 

• Like 1

Large chunks of our fanbase would want us to play with a big man up top with Vardy/Dickov/Cottee (pick your era) running in behind him. It's absolutely brainless stuff, but seemingly more common in our fans than other clubs. 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Again, as you did in your first reply, you've taken my comments completely out of context. I said, it was crap that we dropped tempo for most of the first half. We weren't 3-1 up at ht. The result was good. The league standing and points tally is amazing. The quality of the football for long periods of games isn't. That's my point. 

But no one should care about the perceived 'quality' of the football, because results matter. 

Oh and we've also got one of the best attacking and defensive records in the league, so really the quality can't be that bad. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Would you rather we play route one football and be sitting in the play offs ? 

We are top by 10 points, scored the most goals and conceded the least, what more do you want man lol 

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED !

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

“I arrive in this club to play with this idea. The moment there is some doubt about the idea, the day after I will leave. It's so clear. No doubts."

Get that his first language isn’t English but that’s quite the comment to make publicly.

Why is everyone assuming that the doubt comment relates to certain fans. I assumed it relates to the club.  If they dont buy into it anymore, then he will be gone. There is nothing to suggest that is the case. 

Why should we lose Enzo because certain fans don’t understand what they are watching? Sad thing is that these fans would openly welcome it, but hopefully smarter heads prevail elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It makes me laugh how it’s has to be black and white between ‘possession football’ and ‘the get it long’ brigade

You can have both. This is all that those who are saying it’s boring are asking for. 

Do we not have both already? The amount of goals we've scored on the counter or direct football deployed is nowhere near as scarce as some of our fans make out.

There's absolutely no concession with our fans. The football needs to be in generally fast and furious and then suddenly be very capable of possession football that controls games in the last 10 minutes to see wins out.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Would you rather we play route one football and be sitting in the play offs ? 

We are top by 10 points, scored the most goals and conceded the least, what more do you want man lol 

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED !

I'm not saying I'm not happy with our league position and results but can anyone genuinely say that most of our games are exciting? Of course, we just want to get out of this league ASAP and it's the results that matter. But there is no way we can all say that the football we play is exciting or entertaining. It can be at times when we click, pass the ball quickly and with purpose and cut teams open. We are capable of doing this but we don't do it often enough and in many games we seem laboured. It's always a worry when we are winning 1-0 and we drop off and allow the opposition back into games as we have a terrible habit of conceding sloppy late goals. Some of these have cost us, some haven't 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I’m not saying I want him gone and replaced immediately. I think he’s done brilliantly since taking charge. I just want to see a different approach tactically during matches. 

Like what? I'm going to assume you're a regular fan like us so I'm not expecting a tactic thesis, but what do you want to see? 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Do we not have both already? The amount of goals we've scored on the counter or direct football deployed is nowhere near as scarce as some of our fans make out.

There's absolutely no concession with our fans. The football needs to be in generally fast and furious and then suddenly be very capable of possession football that controls games in the last 10 minutes to see wins out.

Comments that suggests we only play one way really demonstrates that some people really don't get it. We went long loads last night 🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I’m not saying I want him gone and replaced immediately. I think he’s done brilliantly since taking charge. I just want to see a different approach tactically during matches. 

Please can you expand on this. What different approaches and when in games? Genuinely interested.

• Like 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Comments that suggests we only play one way really demonstrates that some people really don't get it. We went long loads last night 🤣🤣🤣

Frustration blinkers fans. The groans last night have caused amnesia it seems.