Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

13 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Most of the recent games I have watched us play we havent dominated.

Cant argue with the results though, but I think the points are also very valid in terms of our squad strength vs most of the league.

Obviously we're at risk of mismatching football semantics but just looking at the last 10 games I'm seeing:

• Plymouth H 4-0 Dominated
  • Millwall H 3-2 Dominated
  • Birmingham A 3-2 Dominated
  • Rotherham H 3-0 Dominated
  • Ipswich A 1-1 Dominated (maybe struggled a bit towards the last 20 minutes, but should have been out of site by then had we not been denied a stonewall penalty)
  • Cardiff A 2-0 Hugely dominated
  • Huddersfield H 4-1 Dominated
  • Coventry A 1-3 obviously not 
  • Ipswich H 1-1 wouldn't say dominated. But the better side for first 75 mins
  • Swansea H 3-1 Dominated
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Obviously we're at risk of mismatching football semantics but just looking at the last 10 games I'm seeing:

• Plymouth H 4-0 Dominated
  • Millwall H 3-2 Dominated
  • Birmingham A 3-2 Dominated
  • Rotherham H 3-0 Dominated
  • Ipswich A 1-1 Dominated (maybe struggled a bit towards the last 20 minutes, but should have been out of site by then had we not been denied a stonewall penalty)
  • Cardiff A 2-0 Hugely dominated
  • Huddersfield H 4-1 Dominated
  • Coventry A 1-3 obviously not 
  • Ipswich H 1-1 wouldn't say dominated. But the better side for first 75 mins
  • Swansea H 3-1 Dominated

Exactly - boring. Much better when we were almost winning or just losing badly last season.

Personally loving it this season - the results PROVE what Enzo has implemented has worked/is working to get us out of this shitty league as fast as possible.

Let's judge him on what may happen next season erm.........next season ??!?!?!?!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ozleicester said:

but often its boring to watch

I find the football boring too. There are 2 different things I look for, in a match. Winning and then entertainment. 

This style of football is not winning entertainment for me. 

Everything changes in the Prem. Imagine playing this way and losing week in week out. Fans will pretty quickly want some forward thinking play.

For now. Everything is Rose's (Sort of). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

This is going to backfire on him massively. I have been supportive of Maresca, but if he wants to start acting like Brenda he can pack his bags and I’ll wave as he exits. You are not bigger than the club Enzo, you are an amateur manager, never had a proper job apart from at a poor Italian club outside the top league, and you failed miserably as that.  ffs and WE ARE MASSIVE!!!!!! Maresca is being a spoilt child and doesn’t realises it’s us who have given him a chance, not the other way around. Get in the bin.

Massive lol far trom

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

I find the football boring too. There are 2 different things I look for, in a match. Winning and then entertainment. 

This style of football is not winning entertainment for me. 

Everything changes in the Prem. Imagine playing this way and losing week in week out. Fans will pretty quickly want some forward thinking play.

For now. Everything is Rose's (Sort of). 

That’s because the quality of the championship and most teams just sit back and let us have the ball.

the prem will be a totally different tempo and the team will adapt like any team would.

we have a better GK defence and midfield and manager than when we got relegated 

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

That’s because the quality of the championship and most teams just sit back and let us have the ball.

the prem will be a totally different tempo and the team will adapt like any team would.

You got one right - the goalkeeper.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'd argue we pretty much have the same defense just a manager that knows how to use them properly which is the difference 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

You got one right - the goalkeeper.

Midfield is better as well we had 2 players who didn’t even want to be here last time round now we have an improved Nididi, KDH, Winks and Ricardo 

and that’s without any upcoming signings 

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I'd argue we pretty much have the same defense just a manager that knows how to use them properly which is the difference 

Last season we had castange, amartey, faes and Luke Thomas playing most weeks so just the one player that is the same 

Nobody would actually enjoy losing 4-3 every week. It would be shite.

What people want is very high scoring wins, every single week, where there's no game management and the team just throws everything forward at every opportunity. It's not a smart way to get out of this division, and only the very best teams in the world can actually do that.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Last season we had castange, amartey, faes and Luke Thomas playing most weeks so just the one player that is the same 

Bloody hell. I keep forgetting than Daniel Amartey made 24 appearances for us last season. And people think out defence this season isn't good enough!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Slightly different question, but a genuine one. When has the team ever truly been "great" to watch?

• MON's cup winning teams were effective but pretty bland. Didn't score too many goals, relied on big / man little man up front, set pieces and magic from Izzet. One of my favourite teams ever, but not exactly riveting viewing for the most part.

• Pearson's Championship sides were decent. Quite physical but with a bit of flair through Knockaert, Mahrez and maybe even Oakley and King in the League One days. But hardly Brazil 1970's. There were endless complaints on here at the time that Pearson wasn't getting the most out of the best squad in the division. (Sound familiar?)

• Ranieri's title winners. The first half of the season was incredible. Attacking football that had gaps at the back but could score. That 5-2 defeat at home to Arsenal being a good example, but also countless comeback draws and victories. But after we fixed the defence via the gift of Pizza, we became efficient rather than exciting. Games against Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford and many more were boring, but we did enough to grind out the win and achieve football history. You wouldn't have traded it for the world though!

• Rodgers 4141. In the early days, we have to give the arrogant **** his dues. Southampton away, Newcastle at home. A thrilling home victory against Emery's Arsenal where we attacked them and made them scared. IMO that period was genuinely the most exciting the team has ever been, but it fell apart because it was fragile. Maddison, Tielemans, Ricardo and Vardy at their peak was poetry in motion though!

These are just examples from my lifetime. Many older fans speak highly of the "ice kings" who supposedly were great to watch. I never saw them live so can't comment, but they sounded fun!

Maybe it's just me, but this clip from our most recent game was pretty great to watch?

I think we made an excellent appointment in the summer and am excited to see where this chapter in the Leicester City story goes! The first couple of pages have been pretty good so far!

Invariably, Pearson only had a plan for half of the match. It wouldn’t be till the second 45 we’d get on with winning things. Which is why there should be half a massive gold statue of him thumping a wolf outside the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Nobody would actually enjoy losing 4-3 every week. It would be shite.

What people want is very high scoring wins, every single week, where there's no game management and the team just throws everything forward at every opportunity. It's not a smart way to get out of this division, and only the very best teams in the world can actually do that.

I don’t think anyone wants that. Even the best teams in the world don’t do that. It’s perfectly reasonable to find our approach a bit boring, often it is. The main crux of the issue is that the style Enzo is playing is meant to pull teams apart. We do that and then go backwards again, allowing them to regroup. 

I think the naysayers just want us to be more positive in those situations. We turned it up a notch against Swansea and scored 2 second half - then went straight back into our shell.  That handed some initiative back to them. There was no need. We do it too often and don’t kill games we should. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

This is going to backfire on him massively. I have been supportive of Maresca, but if he wants to start acting like Brenda he can pack his bags and I’ll wave as he exits. You are not bigger than the club Enzo, you are an amateur manager, never had a proper job apart from at a poor Italian club outside the top league, and you failed miserably as that.  ffs and WE ARE MASSIVE!!!!!! Maresca is being a spoilt child and doesn’t realises it’s us who have given him a chance, not the other way around. Get in the bin.

Tapped in the head you. Watch when he walks and goes to a better project where he smashes it and we get Marsch or Scott Parker. Can't wait to hear your tune then when we're stuck in the championship for years :jump:

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yes more my point was that most of them were here last season other than Doyle we just have a manager who is capable of picking the best ones and getting them to play together well now.

Rodgers could have played a back 4 of Ricardo, feas, vesterguard and Justin if he had wanted to

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dooflip said:

Are you being ironic, if not you've had a Ward there.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I don’t think anyone wants that. Even the best teams in the world don’t do that. It’s perfectly reasonable to find our approach a bit boring, often it is. The main crux of the issue is that the style Enzo is playing is meant to pull teams apart. We do that and then go backwards again, allowing them to regroup. 

I think the naysayers just want us to be more positive in those situations. We turned it up a notch against Swansea and scored 2 second half - then went straight back into our shell.  That handed some initiative back to them. There was no need. We do it too often and don’t kill games we should. 

I think that's what Enzo wants too. But the players are human, and i maintain that he doesn't have the squad he wants to execute this exactly as he wants. Tuesday, we had Praet playing in the Ndidi role, and this is a guy who barely presses and pulls out of every challenge. 

But, because he doesn't have all the tools he needs, it's not a reason to revert to something else, because even as it is its doing whats needed to get out out of this division. Getting better as a team involves work, training, refreshing the squad, learning from mistakes etc. It will take time.

Some fans do need to exercise a little more patience, and also realise if that if they did their bit better, then they will actually help the team along the way. If on Tuesday it was rocking at 30 mins, do you think Swansea would have started to press much better? If we didn't have the embarrassing clear out in the KP on 85 mins and the stadium was showing some proper appreciation for a 3-0 win, would our heads of dropped for the last minute goal. Maybe, maybe not, but i would rather we were trying a bit harder rather than just whinging.

Edited by Chelmofox

By the way, on the stairs out of SK1 after we absolutely hammered Birmingham, someone seemed to get seriously offended at me laughing at him for his only post match comment being that "Wanya Marcal is crap".

I don't get it, our fans are just determined to not enjoy things.

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes more my point was that most of them were here last season other than Doyle we just have a manager who is capable of picking the best ones and getting them to play together well now.

Rodgers could have played a back 4 of Ricardo, feas, vesterguard and Justin if he had wanted to

Agree but alot people bashing Enzo are the same ones who defend Rodger’s bizzare

29 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Midfield is better as well we had 2 players who didn’t even want to be here last time round now we have an improved Nididi, KDH, Winks and Ricardo 

and that’s without any upcoming signings 

KDH couldn’t get in for us last season and  Winks was let go by Spurs. There is no proof that either of them are Premier League standard. Ndidi has looked better this season but he is playing against weaker opposition. He is Premier League standard but nothing new to what we had last season. As for Ricardo in midfield we would really need to wait to see if he can cut it in that position if we go up.

The people getting massive mard-ons about how we play when we are winning week in week out need to shut the fluff up. Theres no pleasing some people. I suspect that some supporters are waiting for the slightest fu*k up so they can find fault with anything and everything. Jesus wept, we're absolutely bossing it and we're probably going to be in the Prem next year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

KDH couldn’t get in for us last season and  Winks was let go by Spurs. There is no proof that either of them are Premier League standard. Ndidi has looked better this season but he is playing against weaker opposition. He is Premier League standard but nothing new to what we had last season. As for Ricardo in midfield we would really need to wait to see if he can cut it in that position if we go up.

So what would you advise.....give up and stay in the Championship forever?