Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You said “does not make Enzo a knob” so we were in the good/bad delineation ballpark.

The point remains, no-one wants to explain how we should be playing, just seems like moaning without justification, would concur that  there are moments of frustration, but they are the playing the percentage moments.

Don’t feel this discussion needs or has an agreement in its future and that is fine. If we all agreed this place would be like a library.

Please don’t woke me, I don’t speak the lingo.  lol (Would agree that hate was overly strong, but it was intended to be portray the division of opinion)

Stretching massively. That in no way implies hate and you know it. 

Also debates are difficult if you don’t at least try and see what others are saying. This isn’t about root and branch change to a system that is working.  The thrust of the slight criticism, and that’s all it is, is that we remain often too negative within the style being adopted.  It’s there for everyone to see. So when that happens, and you’d have to be fairly daft to deny it happens, it causes irritation and some moaning. 

I think, after all these pages, that is the point, it’s just a little dissatisfaction with ‘some’ elements of our play. Perfectly reasonable, but, as usual, that’s frowned upon these days. Enzo coming out and saying what he did, which was aimed at the fans, was unnecessary and childish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Also debates are difficult if you don’t at least try and see what others are saying. This isn’t about root and branch change to a system that is working.  The thrust of the slight criticism, and that’s all it is, is that we remain often too negative within the style being adopted.  It’s there for everyone to see. So when that happens, and you’d have to be fairly daft to deny it happens, it causes irritation and some moaning. 

I think, after all these pages, that is the point, it’s just a little dissatisfaction with ‘some’ elements of our play. Perfectly reasonable, but, as usual, that’s frowned upon these days. Enzo coming out and saying what he did, which was aimed at the fans, was unnecessary and childish. 

Fans having such thin skins is always pathetic, show some resilience, if you throw stones, don’t bitch and moan when a few come back

• Like 3

some of the players need to make better choices that'll fix this at least twice Tuesday Ricardo had the chance to run forward at least 10-15 yards with the ball and pick a forward pass both times he stopped and turn back to Vestergaard and I'm sure other players will have done similar and you see the attacking players getting annoyed by it too, the plan itself is fine but when its on to go forward then need to do it, it'd also help us finish sides off

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

some of the players need to make better choices that'll fix this at least twice Tuesday Ricardo had the chance to run forward at least 10-15 yards with the ball and pick a forward pass both times he stopped and turn back to Vestergaard and I'm sure other players will have done similar and you see the attacking players getting annoyed by it too, the plan itself is fine but when its on to go forward then need to do it, it'd also help us finish sides off

Indeed. I do sometimes wonder if they've been told that the coaches want to see at least half a dozen passes around midfield before any attacking run or pass.

That said, I dont have too many problems with possession based play in an attempt to draw opponents out of position, it's just that it isn't always necessary.

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Indeed. I do sometimes wonder if they've been told that the coaches want to see at least half a dozen passes around midfield before any attacking run or pass.

That said, I dont have too many problems with possession based play in an attempt to draw opponents out of position, it's just that it isn't always necessary.

the one that really sticks out is he won the ball at right back and even started to charge down the wing then stopped and turned back, why? you had support and players to cover you go and attack

2 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I wonder if they are just told to be very cautious, so if we are not sure you can make the pass, if we are not sure the passing lane is not blocked and if we are not certain we won’t lose the ball, recycle it instead, keep the ball and start again.

24 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It's not slight in the ground though is it. It's 90 minutes lf constant whinging and moaning

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I wonder if they are just told to be very cautious, so if we are not sure you can make the pass, if we are not sure the passing lane is not blocked and if we are not certain we won’t lose the ball, recycle it instead, keep the ball and start again.

doesn't explain the refusal to go into the space, which changes the passing lanes forces defenders to move opening up new attacking options which is surely the point of the system in the first place

9 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

It seems somewhat clear to me atleast they've been told to be more risk adverse in the first half and move the opposition round. We do alot of overloading down the left then a big switch to the right, where they have to sprint over then do the same back to the right. Then in the second half when they're starting to tire we ramp it up. Because they either don't get into position quick enough or start to lose concentration. 

We also have good off the ball movement. So it's constant against the low blocks we face. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

doesn't explain the refusal to go into the space, which changes the passing lanes forces defenders to move opening up new attacking options which is surely the point of the system in the first place

:dunno:  Hard to say, maybe waiting for overloads? Might be a crap bit of the system that needs refining?

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Sounds like Enzo needs to grow a pair of cojones if he wants a long career in management

I reckon sticking to His system, with  2/3 of an hard successfull season, with a group of no logic-fan and media  doubters. Picking up every 2nd week  repetitively another  gauntlet and successfully standing up to every challenge that's come his way..proves

actually no having any, but how big his cojones grow every week on proving again dobers wrong.. 

Though some are still not understanding or accepting this new boy on the block, because they prefer to click into failure....... 

AND he ain't falling short in any challenge. Like he says every week, 

the football story has flaws and mistakes... He is allowed also to grow and progress with his system.. & he's brought on and advanced the progress in 6  months of more players than many of his opponents, and created a near untouchable squad, even beyond his own expectations....

Dissenters are really way off target. 

There are times to hold, also adding time to digest what is happening, before crowing about any thoughts of

Major errors or dysfunctionality. 

This club now, will fall on its own sword if they can't assesitate in giving Enzo & coaching-team a decisive support of the next 2-4 years. 

IMO we can be part of a new era with Maresca being the  right driving force hopefully partnering Club LCFC in that journey... IF not the alternatives would be a catastrophe for this club and fans. 

There has to be massive negatives to change any course in my

( and many other fans) thoughts. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

:dunno:  Hard to say, maybe waiting for overloads? Might be a crap bit of the system that needs refining?

I suspect this isn't something Enzo wants but its part of the players full learning the system

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fans having such thin skins is always pathetic, show some resilience, if you throw stones, don’t bitch and moan when a few come back

Have you lost it today?  Nobody minds a stone being thrown that’s fine. You’ve just been a bit over the top. This isn’t about our collective and multi viewpoint skins, it’s about Enzo’s.  Nobody here has said they will quit supporting City because small aspects of our play are frustrating, to  some. 

you’ve gone off topic. The issue at hand is what Enzo said because some fans were displaying frustration at aspects of our play. Someone needs to develop a thicker skin sure, but it’s not any of us. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's not slight in the ground though is it. It's 90 minutes lf constant whinging and moaning

Don’t think it’s that bad to be fair or that constant. Most of the time it’s like a morgue - the joy of success. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Have you lost it today?  Nobody minds a stone being thrown that’s fine. You’ve just been a bit over the top. This isn’t about our collective and multi viewpoint skins, it’s about Enzo’s.  Nobody here has said they will quit supporting City because small aspects of our play are frustrating, to  some. 

you’ve gone off topic. The issue at hand is what Enzo said because some fans were displaying frustration at aspects of our play. Someone needs to develop a thicker skin sure, but it’s not any of us. 

Not at all, you seem hell bent on taking offence, where no offence was intended, but seeing both sides, seeking too sight common ground that would allow us to better understand the others argument requires both sides to do so.

I have already stated that yes,there are periods of frustration during games, but that I personally inclined to view as bumps in the tactial road, and already stated that my use of the word 'hate' was overly strong.

I think the difference between the viewpoints is small,  a matter of degrees of patience on how much lower intensity we are prepared to tolerate. The point about the first half seeming like spending time hitting their kidneys to essentially tire them out has been made many times and it's view I am inclined to concur with.

• Like 1

If we was sitting top of the Prem playing this system then no one would be negative so why are people being negative now ?

No one has any idea how we will perform next season it will be a completely new challenge and Enzo is smart enough to be able to find a way to play and beat teams in the Prem.

If the manager is hearing concerns in the stadium and the fans are not fully backing the team he has every right to call it out imo, esp when we are top of the league, goals scored and conceded 

Edited by whoareyaaa

I spoke to a fan who has a season ticket earlier and goes to away games regularly and he said he doesn't think Enzo is that good and will fail in the Prem, I asked him why here are the responses I got.

1) Never managed in the prem before.

2) decision making (the main concern was not playing Albrighton more often lol bless him) 

3) The team is not good enough

4) the only reason we are top is because the Championship is shit.

5) Dean smith was the reason we got relegated.

This is what we are up against, I like the lad and put across my points but there you go.

• Haha 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I spoke to a fan who has a season ticket earlier and goes to away games regularly and he said he doesn't think Enzo is that good and will fail in the Prem, I asked him why here are the responses I got.

1) Never managed in the prem before.

2) decision making (the main concern was not playing Albrighton more often lol bless him) 

3) The team is not good enough

4) the only reason we are top is because the Championship is shit.

5) Dean smith was the reason we got relegated.

This is what we are up against, I like the lad and put across my points but there you go.

Point 5 is depressing to the point of deeply worrying.

I think the concern is that this style/system will not work in a premier league situation .We are well happy at present after last season but naturally nervous,Most of us can remember the winning year and it didnt happen by passing across the back line

2 minutes ago, dynamark said:

I think the concern is that this style/system will not work in a premier league situation .We are well happy at present after last season but naturally nervous,Most of us can remember the winning year and it didnt happen by passing across the back line

Man City play like this and have won many titles, Remember that great Spain team they also played in a similar fashion.. I know we haven't got the players to do that to the extent they did but it's not exactly a new system to football.

Like i said yesterday bar the top 6 sides everyone in the Prem is beatable 

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Unfortunately, we aren't getting peak-Vardy/Kante/Mahrez back any time soon, and much has changed in football since 2016. It's not a fair barometer to use really, 2016 was a massive anomaly.

• Like 2