Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

Enzo is doing a solid job but he needs to prove himself in the premiership before he’s ready for a big club.  Massive risk for a club like Liverpool in my opinion.

in 18 months I can see him going if we’ve had a solid season in the Prem - not sure we’ll spend again to target top 8 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Enzo is doing a solid job but he needs to prove himself in the premiership before he’s ready for a big club.  Massive risk for a club like Liverpool in my opinion.

in 18 months I can see him going if we’ve had a solid season in the Prem - not sure we’ll spend again to target top 8 

26 wins in 34 is a bit better than "Solid"

What's a good job, 34 wins out of 34?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

26 wins in 34 is a bit better than "Solid"

What's a good job, 34 wins out of 34?

This is in the context of a move to a club like Liverpool.  Half a season with probably the best squad in the league isn’t good enough in my opinion to warrant a job like that,

He needs to prove himself in the Premiership 

managers and players are both built up and knocked down way too quickly. 

58 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Breaking News. There is a fight breaking out in Rudkin's office. Looks like Enzo has him in a head lock. 

News update... it is not so much a fight... more.... Enzo has gone and stood in the corner and is waiting for Rudders to tire himself out. lol 

This is part and parcel of modern management. You can't always get what you want (even if what he wanted was entirely sensible).

Clubs have to operate in frameworks.

If he were to rant and flounce due to this window, he'd go down in many people's estimations. 

• Like 1

If this is true (which I doubt) the man needs to grow up a little.  He is in fantastic job at a good club which took a big chance on him with sod all management experience.  He is what 6 months in and doing well, but has not finished the job.  Technically nothing achieved yet.  He spent money in the summer and has a very strong squad for the league.  Throwing toys out of the pram over one window would be a little ridiculous.

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

If this is true (which I doubt) the man needs to grow up a little.  He is in fantastic job at a good club which took a big chance on him with sod all management experience.  He is what 6 months in and doing well, but has not finished the job.  Technically nothing achieved yet.  He spent money in the summer and has a very strong squad for the league.  Throwing toys out of the pram over one window would be a little ridiculous.

Agreed - he would be ill advised to walk now, an emotional decision. Would just show any future employee he just bails at the first sign of trouble, we are cruising and he has the opportunity to get a promotion on his CV in a cpl if months. 

We gave him the opportunity out of nowhere and a gold plated squad. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Agreed - he would be ill advised to walk now, an emotional decision. Would just show any future employee he just bails at the first sign of trouble, we are cruising and he has the opportunity to get a promotion on his CV in a cpl if months. 

We gave him the opportunity out of nowhere and a gold plated squad. 

Yeah I think the prime time would be the summer if he isnt happy.

• Like 1

I’m sure he’ll be massively cheered up about playing the final part of the season with a worse squad than the one he started it with though? 

We have one fit #8, plus a Dennis Praet, not really sure what he is/does still. Injury to KDH (which is not unlikely given we have nobody to rotate him with) would be an utter disaster and could cost us literally £100m+. Hope the academy lads are ready because we will need them. 

Squad is then padded with players leaving for nothing in summer, motivation of those can be in question.

He has done a remarkable job to steer the ship around and right the course so far to be honest, keeping the momentum now could also be pretty difficult. Still think we will go up, but boy we don’t half like to hamstring ourselves. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

18 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’m sure he’ll be massively cheered up about playing the final part of the season with a worse squad than the one he started it with though? 

We have one fit #8, plus a Dennis Praet, not really sure what he is/does still. Injury to KDH (which is not unlikely given we have nobody to rotate him with) would be an utter disaster and could cost us literally £100m+. Hope the academy lads are ready because we will need them. 

Squad is then padded with players leaving for nothing in summer, motivation of those can be in question.

He has done a remarkable job to steer the ship around and right the course so far to be honest, keeping the momentum now could also be pretty difficult. Still think we will go up, but boy we don’t half like to hamstring ourselves. 

Come on, things are nowhere near as bad as this…… 

We’ve lost Casadei, who wasn’t really playing anyway. Akgun over the last few weeks has looked really good and is a genuine option. Macateer is an option, I imagine Alves at some point will be given a chance also and Praet is needing to find some match fitness and then he will be back. 

Things aren’t as bad as some people seem to want to be making out, we’ve got fairly good squad depth, plus players returning from AFCON and suspension. Wilf is the only real long term concern, there’s more than enough in this squad to see us up.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Come on, things are nowhere near as bad as this…… 

We’ve lost Casadei, who wasn’t really playing anyway. Akgun over the last few weeks has looked really good and is a genuine option. Macateer is an option, I imagine Alves at some point will be given a chance also and Praet is needing to find some match fitness and then he will be back. 

Things aren’t as bad as some people seem to want to be making out, we’ve got fairly good squad depth, plus players returning from AFCON and suspension. Wilf is the only real long term concern, there’s more than enough in this squad to see us up.

Alves being fit would be a god send now. I was worried about the #8 position before we lost Casadei to be honest. We are a totally different side with KDH, and with Ndidi, but have little behind that. I really like Yunus, but he is a wide player/10 and not a natural 8, but he is the square peg I would put in the round hole until Ndidi is back. 

Can’t say I’m a huge McAteer fan in general, at 8 or on the wing really, he might make a good wing back in the right system as he works hard. Just don’t think he has got the quality, but would absolutely love to be proven wrong. 

I hope he was kept informed of what happened yesterday. I mean in a professional, you are our manager way. He’s been quite open in interviews and towed the party line. With the board we have, he could quite easily have been kept updated with the yellow ticker on Sky like the rest of us and that would piss anyone off. 

Enzo is more important to this club, at this moment than Top, Rudkin and the rest combined. He adds professionalism to the chaos around him. We should ensure he is treated as such. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Alves being fit would be a god send now. I was worried about the #8 position before we lost Casadei to be honest. We are a totally different side with KDH, and with Ndidi, but have little behind that. I really like Yunus, but he is a wide player/10 and not a natural 8, but he is the square peg I would put in the round hole until Ndidi is back. 

Can’t say I’m a huge McAteer fan in general, at 8 or on the wing really, he might make a good wing back in the right system as he works hard. Just don’t think he has got the quality, but would absolutely love to be proven wrong. 

I know Enzo really likes Alves, but as we’ve seen he won’t rush him into the squad until he’s properly ready. I think he will like Braybrook too, who is likely to become Winksy’s understudy. Akgun although not an 8, he is a neat and tidy footballer and fairly good with the ball at his feet, I’ve liked what I’ve seen over the past few games and think he would be more than capable of filling that role. 

McAteer is an odd one, what I like about him is he is direct, quick and when he is confident gets into good positions, I think confidence is an issue for him though, a number of times he got into great positions V Swansea, but never progressed, I think with a run of games under his belt we might see that form return. 

It’s a shame about the deal for signing players falling through.

in the summer we spent decent money and still have a great squad for this level. Enzo will be pragmatic enough to know financial issue occur, being a great manager doesn’t alway mean you can go and buy players all the time.

if he carries on being successful here, we are a stepping stone anyway.