Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Stoke (A) 0-5 -- Post-Match Thread

8 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

No…. We were winning and cruising….

Just a further opportunity to blood Nelson who’s likely to be starting soon based on current progress 

Leaves Coady out in the cold, at the time I was buzzing but really turned out to be a underwhelming signing 

• Haha 1

Just now, jonny_wright said:

Boro at the time were 7th, and we drew with sheff weds, a real smash and grab sucker punch….. but it’s true with all leagues, the teams that can beat 80% of the teams in the division will win the title… hopefully it won’t come down to the Leeds & Southampton games 

Oh yea 1-1 so we have lost to Cov, Leeds and Boro, no chance it will come down to the Leeds and Southampton games.

We beat Southampton anyway 4-1, 7 more wins and it will be pretty much wrapped up 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Oh yea 1-1 so we have lost to Cov, Leeds and Boro, no chance it will come down to the Leeds and Southampton games.

We beat Southampton anyway 4-1, 7 more wins and it will be pretty much wrapped up 

Then we can concentrate on the main task -winning the FA cup :ph34r:

• Like 1

What a cracking result that was.

Everyone pulled their weight and we looked like we oozed confidence and quality.

I can see me preferring McAteer in this position, and Nelson did not look out of place at all when coming on. Doyle was a bit sloppy again at times, but i put that down to him getting back up to speed.

Nice to see Daka on the score sheet again, and for Vardy to come on and then bag two as well.

Atmosphere was great - although must be one of the worst home atmospheres around. Even below ours!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

That’s what happens when you keep at it and don’t go negative. Very well played by all. Nice cameo by Nelson. Vardy looked much more his old self. Praet with some nice passes. Fatuwa another level. Excellent. 

Or...

That's what happens when you play like this most weeks but finally take your chances?

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fatawu being there makes such a huge difference to the whole team, and I agree that Nelson looks very good indeed.

Has to start hitting the target though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shamomoa said:

I do feel sorry for coady tbh because he should be a regular! But I'm sure he's still great to have In the group, massive statement to bring Nelson on today though instead of coady!

It made sense tactically - as bad as stoke were, they were quick and pressing us quite well at times, i think nelson was the obvious choice pace-wise

• Like 1

Stoke were terrible. Looked completely devoid of confidence or organisation even in the first quarter. In danger of going down even with all their signings. Shows the danger of a scatter-gun approach to both team building and manager appointments. Suggests we owe some credit to our execs 😬

10 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Or...

That's what happens when you play like this most weeks but finally take your chances?

Except we haven’t have we. We’ve let games drift. Even Enzo said we’ve taken our foot off the gas in games. Or is he wrong?

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd agree, only agruement JJ or Doyle?

JJ is clearly better playing down the right. Doyle still looks rusty but is far better suited than JJ to that position on the left.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We were far too good for the Stokies could have had at least another 2 goals.

Stoke is really a dull city, I am surprised they had an Audi Dealer.

Denise Coates from Stoke  can afford a few Audis and a team rebuild.  All thanks to her mathematical abilities.

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not you finding fault too...

No, replying to someone's comment - it's called 'discussion'.

You'll find that i am in the top 1% of positive fans - i kid you not, ask around.

Just now, Bog said:

Denise Coates from Stoke  can afford a few Audis and a team rebuild.  All thanks to her mathematical abilities.

She’s the only one! It was weird to see the new build houses near the Industrial estate, very weird.

Don't know how many of you watched the post game interviews with Daka and Maresca, but it was interesting to hear the response when the reporter suggest to daka that  it was 'easy', and to maresca that we 'weren't in top gear'.

Needless to say, the reporter was firmly put in his place.

• Like 3