Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Stoke (A) 0-5 -- Post-Match Thread

19 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

No, replying to someone's comment - it's called 'discussion'.

You'll find that i am in the top 1% of positive fans - i kid you not, ask around.

I know - hence my remark. There's no need to patronise me, I know the difference.

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

My puppy took 3 indoor pisses and I missed 3 goals as a result… anyone got a link to highlights? 

Respect for using a toilet.

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Brilliant today, and easy. Great atmosphere in the away end as well.

I can’t be arsed the trawl the websites, but I’m reliably informed that at least one Stoke fan on a message board has likened todays game to watching their Mum and Dads sex tape. And that about sums it up today.

Plot twist, their mum and dad are siblings

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They had conceded 37 before today not the worst defense in the championship

Perhaps but they were absolutely terrible today, it was an awful performance.

I'm being flippant and jokey but also with a genuine point - its all nice and good saying "this is the football we wanted to see!" but this is the football we try and play almost every week but its obviously much, much harder when 11 men are just parked behind the ball in a well drilled, well organised shape taking no risks. We've played much, much better organised defensive units this season than Stoke were today and obviously those games aren't as thrilling.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They had conceded 37 before today not the worst defense in the championship

Well most of that was pre-Schumacher. They were all bored of dull Alex Neil not getting results with negative football. Now they don't need to watch negative football, they can just get sliced open every week.

2 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

This is exactly what the 'moaners' wanted to see.

Going for the throat and scoring for fun rather than sitting back on a slender lead against dogshit opposition.

Excellent performance.

Yep. I am not ashamed  to admit that i'm a bit of a moaner when it comes to the tactics we play. (albeit not a gerrit forward screeching muppet).

I have found some of the homes games a bit dull once the game has been won. We tend to play some excellent, entertaining football and then carry on the game in 2nd gear after we've gone 2-0 up. I do feel like this team is that good that we should expect more of what we saw today. We didn't give Stoke a sniff and yet consistently created chance after chance with some lovely free flowing attacking football.

That is exactly what I want to see more of and i'm sure Enzo does too.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

My puppy took 3 indoor pisses and I missed 3 goals as a result… anyone got a link to highlights? 

My puppy had me so tired I slept through the entire match. 

Yes, I’m fully aware how this sounds. 

• Haha 1