Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Stoke (A) 0-5 -- Post-Match Thread

40 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Makes our home support seem like 30k ultras.

I used to work with a Stoke season ticket holder and he took me to a game when they were in the prem and the atmosphere was superb. I went to the play off semi final at the Victoria ground and was scared for my life such a shame to see their demise 😂😂

• Haha 1

After 10+ pints I’ve just remembered that someone tried to put a banner over a concourse sign i was sat above saying something like “football the Enzo way”. Anyway, it was taken down by stewards - I think because it was drooped over a sponsorship sign. 

Good effort. Shame about the over zealous stewards! 

17 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

After 10+ pints I’ve just remembered that someone tried to put a banner over a concourse sign i was sat above saying something like “football the Enzo way”. Anyway, it was taken down by stewards - I think because it was drooped over a sponsorship sign. 

This post has been sponsored by Fray Bentos pies, Bet 24/7, and Carpet Supacentre. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

We were far too good for the Stokies could have had at least another 2 goals.

Stoke is really a dull city, I am surprised they had an Audi Dealer.

Well the pimps need somewhere to purchase their cars

Long shot, anyone know where to catch a full replay of the match? Was away today but really want to see the game back considering it is the biggest win of the season and Nelson got a 45, on the train for 4 hours tomorrow and can’t find it in foxeshub or the Stoke website

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

both banners got a moments show and mention on the foxes hub coverage.

Not bored at all in that game, clearly the quality of the opponent and the way they choose to play has an impact... but that was football played to entertain as well as win.

Edited by ozleicester

3 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Found this on my feed on Youtube...

there you have it, folks ... the high point of Million Manhoef's Stoke City career ...

manhoef.JPG.a2ba84750b1b412795ecb36ef4c832f4.JPG

just before he's seen his new teammates kick a ball.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kyleolly said:

I used to work with a Stoke season ticket holder and he took me to a game when they were in the prem and the atmosphere was superb. I went to the play off semi final at the Victoria ground and was scared for my life such a shame to see their demise 😂😂

A group of lads I used to attend games with relented to spousal pressure and took our WAGs to the Victoria ground.

90 minutes of being spat on by the tier above, and their relentless intimidatory atmosphere and we’d successfully ensured that we had lads only away games forever more! 

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Stoke 0 - 5 Leicester City

This was a ruthless demolition of Stoke and the type of result that has "Champions" written all over Leicester. That said it must be said this was a naive tactical setup from Stephen Schumacher of Stoke who decided to go man-to-man and press a team that was far superior to his in every single department. Here is my artist's rendition of Stoke trying to take on Leicester at their own game, showcasing the expected result such an approach would have:

giphy.gif

Schumacher plays an attacking style of football, which has a lot to like about it. In the offensive phase, they committed a lot of men forwards, often having a numerical superiority in the attacking phase. Here's a still shot of one of their better chances, where we see that they have 7 players in shot and a 4 on 4 situation when getting into our box.

3FBTxnU.png

However, this comes at a cost, and that cost is that to work around the lack of pace and athleticism in the Stoke line-up, they have two blocks that are often too far away from one another. Here we see their centre back trying to play a pass forwards. The distance required is way too great and means the pass is susceptible to being intercepted. In this move, Mavididi gets to the ball first, and the move ends with Kase McAteer netting for Leicester.

Ad2iaSe.png

The problem with Stoke's setup is that they lack a good way to play back-to-front other than smashing the ball downfield, which they attempted over 30 times. In this shot we see that they have only one central midfielder to find, and it was too easy for us to block the passing lanes to this player. Compare this to our setup that has both Harry Winks and Ricardo in the double pivot in the offensive phase, meaning we are able to play smoothly from back to front with both control and threat.

giphy.gif

^ Here's our fourth goal, which actually starts with a Stoke attack. Their press actually works here as they rob the ball from Faes, but we are able to quickly recover the ball, then play out and find Winks, who is in acres of space. He has the freedom of the Potteries, meaning he can turn, drive and pick out a fantastic pass to James Justin. Here we see serious work from Ricardo who drops from the double pivot into defence to help win the ball back, before finding his midfield partner in crime Winks to do serious damage. That was the biggest difference in this game. Leicester were able to connect attacks from back-to-front, whereas there was way too much space in behind the attacking block from Stoke, which Leicester were only too happy to exploit. Interestingly, Man United under Ten Hag have a similar sort of problem.

Though Stoke's setup made it easy for us, this was a complete performance from Leicester. From minute one to minute 95, it only ever looked like a battering being handed out. Probably for the first time this season, we maintained our rhythm and momentum throughout the entire match. Subs didn't break our flow and neither did putting players in positions they weren't so familiar with like McAteer as an 8 or Justin as a wide winger. Usually Leicester also score most of our goals from our attacking 8's or our wingers, but today neither Mavididi or KDH scored, despite scoring 5. Today we were able to find our strikers through clever attacking play, and they made the difference.

We were likely to hand out a tonking to someone this season, and if teams dare setup in as naive a manner as this against us, it won't be the last time!

Imo today the team seem more prepared to push beyond the back four... risking possession but creating scoring chances

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I can't think of any other fanbase in England that's dropped off as much as Stoke. A genuine bear pit in their prem heyday but absolutely pathetic now.

Thank the Lord we could never do that! 😕