Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Stoke (A) 0-5 -- Post-Match Thread

There were shades of Southampton away 9-0 watching this game only Stoke had 11 on the pitch. A really great away day even if I was in the Stoke end. 

Hopefully this will ease the Enzo sores from last week, though I’m not sure he’ll forget them. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Just remembered what I wanted to moan about …

Thought Doyle was poor in lots of aspects of his game or was he ok and everyone else was superb ?

Weirdly I actually thought he was good on the most part, a few excellent diagonals and balls down the line which once again showcased the benefit of having a left-footed player in that position.

I would have to say that he was poor aerially, though. I think a lot of teams target him and with good reason - he lost almost every header he went for today, particularly in the first half. They also managed to play in behind him a couple of times too, but they did the same to Ricardo so it’s unfair to individually criticise too heavily on that aspect.

We do also need to remember that he’s still getting up to speed after a few months out, but I think he’s getting better game by game. Certainly room for improvement though! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

probably didnt check some of the stats or how we played in some of the games he mentioned:whistle:

clearly they need to take of them rose tinted glasses

Some Oatcake on reddit told me we only won because the ref gave us an early free kick we scored from that was a bit soft and up until then they were the better team. 

You know that expression "must have been in watching a different game"? I swear to God, must be the most extreme example ever. 

The most comprehensive humbling I've seen this season and we barely needed third gear. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Another Stoke Vlog...

Thanks! That's my favourite for a few reasons.  Firstly, as we demolish Stoke, we slowly destroy his soul. Secondly, he keeps calling Wout 'Wesley Fayes'.  Lastly, the kids behind him https://youtu.be/nP_w5zZoMDE?t=411 messing around with a massive hot dog, totally oblivious the the meltdown the youtuber in front of them is having. Of course, the kids are gone by half time :) 

Also like his own brand microphone at the end. Bet his nan bought it for him.

Edited by Chelmofox

6 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I thought that was pretty good. He was pretty respectful towards us.

Agree. I don't like vlogs but thought he was one of the least annoying, and was pretty knowledgeable and respectful. And it was funny how gutted he was at the end haha

17 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I well remember LCFC needing to win at Stoke, getting a 0-0 draw and relegation to the third tier.

And all thanks to 'Hollowords'!!

How times have change, thank God.

He actually went there for a draw didn’t he? Thinking it would be enough and only attacked them in the final few minutes when other scores were going against us! Buffoon of the highest order. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

He actually went there for a draw didn’t he? Thinking it would be enough and only attacked them in the final few minutes when other scores were going against us! Buffoon of the highest order. 

Yes, but Rabid Badgers, for that I can forgive a lot. The insanity of that is pure genius. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

I thought that was pretty good. He was pretty respectful towards us.

Totally agree. I expected to find the whole thing cringey, but I thought the young lad doing it actually did it pretty well. The lad called the game brilliantly at HT, to be fair to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Thanks! That's my favourite for a few reasons.  Firstly, as we demolish Stoke, we slowly destroy his soul. Secondly, he keeps calling Wout 'Wesley Fayes'.  Lastly, the kids behind him https://youtu.be/nP_w5zZoMDE?t=411 messing around with a massive hot dog, totally oblivious the the meltdown the youtuber in front of them is having. Of course, the kids are gone by half time :) 

Also like his own brand microphone at the end. Bet his nan bought it for him.

On the subject of these bloggers …if I had some clown siting next to me talking to himself for 90/100 minutes I may well blow my stack 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

On the subject of these bloggers …if I had some clown siting next to me talking to himself for 90/100 minutes I may well blow my stack 

If I want a commentary of the game by a child I’ll stay at home and get my 5 year old niece to do it