Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Watford A.. up next.

On 04/02/2024 at 17:54, SpacedX said:

Well, If you go down to Willow Farm to look for butterflies, flutterbyes, gutterflies - Open your eyes, it's full of surprise
Everyone lies like the fox on the rocks. And the musical box

Think he's after a pint not supper..

47 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

What is the consensus on Ismael with your fans? 

As ever with fans depends on how we are doing at the time.

Fine when we are playing ok and getting results but recently more stick as we have dipped form wise .

One minute the football is good and the squad decent the next it’s boring and he doesn’t know his best team etc .

Classic modern day football fan thinking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

As ever with fans depends on how we are doing at the time.

Fine when we are playing ok and getting results but recently more stick as we have dipped form wise .

One minute the football is good and the squad decent the next it’s boring and he doesn’t know his best team etc .

Classic modern day football fan thinking.

Modern Fottball is all about having the right Manager, The right one is priceless as he drives everything else.

I just don't understand why Clubs don't realise that.

• Like 1

I've been away to Watford twice - once for the last game of the season where Muzzy scored that header to get us into the playoff's that lead to the Super Stevie last shin of the match at Wembley. 

Second time was for Collymore's debut when he had one off the bar. We drew that match from memory. 

Enjoyed both trips (especially the first one where the away end went absolutely mental for the whole game). 

Confidence will be rocket high after Stoke so predicting a comfortable 3 nil win. 

6 hours ago, Groby_Blue said:

I've been away to Watford twice - once for the last game of the season where Muzzy scored that header to get us into the playoff's that lead to the Super Stevie last shin of the match at Wembley. 

Second time was for Collymore's debut when he had one off the bar. We drew that match from memory. 

Enjoyed both trips (especially the first one where the away end went absolutely mental for the whole game). 

Confidence will be rocket high after Stoke so predicting a comfortable 3 nil win. 

Twice too. May 1996, I was also there. The cross from Mickey Whitlow for what resulted in Muzzy's first goal was sublime. Also remember a freezing December afternoon, not long after Christmas, losing 2-1. Smudger sored on the stroke of half-time. Looked sure to take the three points and a decent away win when in the 90th minute Colin West scored - twice. To make matters worse, the window on my Cortina jammed fully down just on to the M1. Had to drive almost the entire journey home in a blizzard. Watford had a decent team then - the likes of Barnes, Rostron, Terry, Blisset, Jackett. 

24 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Twice too. May 1996, I was also there. The cross from Mickey Whitlow for what resulted in Muzzy's first goal was sublime. Also remember a freezing December afternoon, not long after Christmas, losing 2-1. Smudger sored on the stroke of half-time. Looked sure to take the three points and a decent away win when in the 90th minute Colin West scored - twice. To make matters worse, the window on my Cortina jammed fully down just on to the M1. Had to drive almost the entire journey home in a blizzard. Watford had a decent team then - the likes of Barnes, Rostron, Terry, Blisset, Jackett. 

Been a few times.. remember one game when Len Glover jumped and handballed in the penalty area for no apparent reason!!.. think it was Barry Endean who took the pen and won the game in the last minute,2-1 I think.... then another game which ended 3-3 , think we were 2-0 up at halftime, Fryatt double?   Definitely remember the freezing Boxing day game one year. The last game I saw was a 2-1 defeat, Zac Whitbread got sent off. Nuge scored for us ... went to this game with someone very special to me, who passed away last July at just 61..😪😪💔

On 04/02/2024 at 18:52, FosseSpark said:

Just seen quite a few comments insinuating he's rubbish or not good enough for the team of late. Which are well wide of the mark. If he played 4 or 5 games on the trot. He'd be bossing the backline, is quicker than Vestegaard and passes brilliantly.

Based on what? I don’t think he’s any quicker and his passing is honking. Vestergaard has been in our top 3 best players this season. 

• Like 3