Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Watford A.. up next.

1 hour ago, J. James said:

I reckon we could be playing Anstey Nomads under 14 girls at home and SOMEONE would " be a bit worried", "have a bad feeling" or see "upset written all over this one" 🤣🤣

I guess this phenomenon is called "coming from Leicester"!

I’m a natural worrier. I worry about worrying about the next game and then immediately afterwards start with the next one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I dont think he got anything wrong with Daka and I don't think he's had to admit that either. He's been really consistent with his view, he just repeated this afternoon what he said all Season, Daka wanted to leave at the start of the year so he wasn't playing and Kel and Vards were scoring so he didn't need to give him a chance. 

Right back after the window closed Maresca was full of praise for Daka saying his head hadn't dropped and he was still good to work with in training but Enzo was always going to reward the loyalty and the commitment of the first players to really nail it down and say they wanted to stay and fight. I don't have a problem with that. 

He also said something I've mentioned a few times on here really, people said a lot they didn't think Daka was the "type" of striker Maresca wanted but I didn't agree with that, think it's the opposite and that's exactly what he's just said. He likes Daka BECAUSE Daka can do both. He can drop in and link up AND he can get in behind and spearhead the attack. 

He's the best of our strikers at doing both imo. Yes Iheanacho is good in the 10 role and yes Cannon and Vards are both great breaking the lines but Daka is, perhaps surprisingly, maybe the most versatile of the lot and I'm not sure many would have thought that this time last year. 

Hope they play Daka up front 

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’d go for…

Mads

Ricardo, Faes, Nelson, Justin

Winks

KDH, Akgun

Fatawu, Daka, Mavididi 

Agreed. I would prefer Nelson over Coady to continue his development and Akgun over Mcateer because I think he has far more to offer. Doyle possibly over JJ on the left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I’m a natural worrier. I worry about worrying about the next game and then immediately afterwards start with the next one 

Feel for you, must be terrible to be like that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Me too🙂. I don’t stop worrying until we’re 4 goals up. 

Who replaces Vesty is a really interesting decision. Coady has been really underwhelming so far in my view. I had thought previously that he was good on the ball but Vesty is several levels better in that respect, based on this season. People will say Coady hasn't played much (so hasn't been able to get into his groove) but neither has Nelson but he has looked so much better than Coady. If Enzo picks the team on merit, rather than on experience, I think he picks Nelson. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

4 hours ago, J. James said:

I reckon we could be playing Anstey Nomads under 14 girls at home and SOMEONE would " be a bit worried", "have a bad feeling" or see "upset written all over this one" 🤣🤣

In the States we call it "coming from Cleveland".

• Haha 2

The algorithms have found me and my YouTube is currently full of Deeney Day content. I know it's a become a bit of a meme but it really is so weird that they celebrate it so much considering they lost the final then lost badly to us the next season. Even with it being such a dramatic finish.

It's also interesting that at the time I couldn't watch and thought I probably never would. Now it means nothing, in fact in some way I quite like seeing it. Has there ever been a game that we collectively got over quicker than that?

• Like 1

Never really rated Coady but 100% I'd select him tomorrow. It's what he's here for. 

Business end of season, slightly awkward away game. Pressure. His brief will be fur the team to implement the plan. 

However, I'd play Wout in the middle in the vesty role. Coady at right. JJ at left. In fact I'm miles more worried that Doyle plays. I just saw a clip of the Southampton game on another thread and it highlighted another ghastly error from him leading to a goal. Doyle's by miles our weak link

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J. James said:

Great side I've heard tbf

To be fair, if we’re going to get an injury CB is the best area, we’ve got four options that would start at CB for every other club in this division outside of our starting 2. Then we’ve got a another couple of makeshift options that could do a job. All up I think we’ve got about 10 players at the club who could play CB in any given game and do a great job at this level.

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

JJ is a far superior player to Doyle 

I think he's better on the right but his positioning is poor and he gives possession up probably more than anyone else which, in Enzo's system is a bit of a no no. His passing isn't as good as Doyle's either. Doyle just back from long term injury.