Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Somethings never change

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Still irks me we didn’t win the JPT or LD vans or whatever that thing is/was called.

The John Stones Papa John's absolute load of nonsense trophy I think it's called. Also the bass trophy. Fuming when we lost to Burton

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

The John Stones Papa John's absolute load of nonsense trophy I think it's called. Also the bass trophy. Fuming when we lost to Burton

Bring back the Anglo-Italian Cup - I used to love that trophy, wish we could have gone deep and won that one year.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dayday said:

Just imagine being a Cov fan all these years, bar the fa cup win in 1987, done sweet fa of note bar one promotion 

Crystal Palace are maybe worse, at least in the last ten years. I think Everton may be the worst of the lot. Potentially huge club spending most years just surviving. 

18 hours ago, stretch1965 said:

That's what makes supporting City interesting, lots of ups and downs and winning stuff along the way. How crap it would be to just sit mid table in the prem for years like everton and palace etc and win nowt. 

That depends how old you are.

Everton have won plenty in my lifetime.

Crystal Palace on the other hand …. 

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

That depends how old you are.

Everton have won plenty in my lifetime.

Crystal Palace on the other hand …. 

I know a couple of Palace fans and they're both decent fans (they also rate us high). It depends on the ambition each establishment has. It seems our club by nature is more adventurous. Palace rely too much on safe moves for consistency and it's working for them so far. Everton is just a badly run club with toxicity from top to bottom. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Crystal Palace are maybe worse, at least in the last ten years. I think Everton may be the worst of the lot. Potentially huge club spending most years just surviving. 

You say that, but these are the glory days if you're a Palace fan.  For a club that has won nothing, ever, not a sausage and has spent years in the doldrums before finally reaching the top tier in the nineties, they are living the dream.

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

You say that, but these are the glory days if you're a Palace fan.  For a club that has won nothing, ever, not a sausage and has spent years in the doldrums before finally reaching the top tier in the nineties, they are living the dream.

Crystal palace won the Zenith data systems cup!!! 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

Crystal palace won the Zenith data systems cup!!! 🤣

I stand corrected.  Dizzy heights indeed,

My apologies to Palace fans everywhere.  

As much as I enjoy patronising and belittling Palace, if you had given me the choice of us becoming a mid table top tier side as a kid growing up in the eighties, I would have snatched your arm off.