Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
niyaminski

Singing Section Updates

3 minutes ago, 00rawat said:

Yeah thought West brom game was one of the best atmosphere I can remember in a long while, and truly believe it help the lads over the line, to get the victory, unfortunately nowadays it's to few and far between!! We going to defo need  to get behind the team next  year especially with the points deduction incoming!! 

You lads are loud at home, best home crowd this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, brucey said:

SK1 availability - blue seats are available for ST relocation

EDE604B8-7FAB-4EBF-BDBE-21711D19D40B.jpeg

Let's get the section filled. Equally, those in it now, if you don't really enjoy it and don't fancy joining in, have a think about moving out as there will be plenty of equally good/better seats for you.

The club are not currently entertaining a larger section and until safe standing comes in, I can't see it grow officially. So let's take matters into our own hands.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Let's get the section filled. Equally, those in it now, if you don't really enjoy it and don't fancy joining in, have a think about moving out as there will be plenty of equally good/better seats for you.

The club are not currently entertaining a larger section and until safe standing comes in, I can't see it grow officially. So let's take matters into our own hands.

I know us members are second class citizens.  But there has to be some tickets left for us.  You won't encourage new young fans or fans who can't get a season ticket yet if there isn't availability and it won't grow as you'd like, over time without those young fans. And members are keen to make noise too.  I, along with numerous others, don't want to sit/stand anywhere else. At the minute we have to spend our lives on the internet waiting for cast offs that are resold

1 minute ago, rugbyblue said:

I know us members are second class citizens.  But there has to be some tickets left for us.  You won't encourage new young fans or fans who can't get a season ticket yet if there isn't availability and it won't grow as you'd like, over time without those young fans. And members are keen to make noise too.  I, along with numerous others, don't want to sit/stand anywhere else. At the minute we have to spend our lives on the internet waiting for cast offs that are resold

You need to be telling the club this.

The club really need to make the whole of SK1 known as the singing section, as supposed to the little box they draw out.

I'm on 50+ points as a member and will only sit in the section. Can't have it being ST holders only in there, as many on here have said.

Just now, rugbyblue said:

Fair comment.  The intention wasnt to blame you if it read that way.  It's just frustrating.  

No but you need to tell the club this.

This is the stuff they need to hear from people other than UFS.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

No but you need to tell the club this.

This is the stuff they need to hear from people other than UFS.

I understand.  I did think about that after you pointed it out.  Anyone in particular you'd recommend.  

10 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

UFS advocated for this when the section was set up, to allow a percentage to be available for match by match sales. However, we find it hard to convince the club there is demand for a larger area and by filling the section, this is the best way. Frustrating because there is very little room to expand and allow "new" fans to experience.

As I say, safe standing for me is the next big step to grow the section but knowing the club (and having sat in meetings with them on this topic) they will fluff it up.

The ideal scenario is that we make do with the section as is for next season (possibly overfilled/oversubscribed) and then the season after we move towards safe standing and at least a slight reconfiguration of the ground/Kop.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

UFS advocated for this when the section was set up, to allow a percentage to be available for match by match sales. However, we find it hard to convince the club there is demand for a larger area and by filling the section, this is the best way. Frustrating because there is very little room to expand and allow "new" fans to experience.

As I say, safe standing for me is the next big step to grow the section but knowing the club (and having sat in meetings with them on this topic) they will fluff it up.

The ideal scenario is that we make do with the section as is for next season (possibly overfilled/oversubscribed) and then the season after we move towards safe standing and at least a slight reconfiguration of the ground/Kop.

I think there has to be a mix of both members and season ticket holders.  Safe standing would be a huge step in the right direction.  I think it would force "sitters" to move. Thanks for explaining 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’m already in the section but will be relocating closer to the UFS boys, mainly because of the annoying twat that turns up absolutely pissed out of his nut trying to talk to you for 90 minutes with no care for the game. 

That's my concern 😄

I'm in SK2 but would rather be in where the atmosphere is better even though the view of the game won't be as good.

Embarrassing that SK2 isn't really up for it most games.

Except a young lad behind us that sings his heart out every game 👏👏👏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rugbyblue said:

I'd be more than willing to go there to try and expand it.  But if only a handful are standing and singing you get the usual "sit down" shouts and you either get into a row or sit down.  As a dad I'd rather my kids didn't see me get in a row. So it will take larger numbers to make a stand. It's asking a lot of people who are creatures of habit but if you don't want to stand and sing....move.  it's a 32k stadium and if you are a season ticket holder i understand it is easy to relocate.  

G1 you will get better joy with standing than SK2.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, brucey said:

SK1 availability - blue seats are available for ST relocation

EDE604B8-7FAB-4EBF-BDBE-21711D19D40B.jpeg

Have to wait till Friday by the time that happens all the seats in singing section will be gone! 😢😭😭😭

12 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

That's my concern 😄

I'm in SK2 but would rather be in where the atmosphere is better even though the view of the game won't be as good.

Embarrassing that SK2 isn't really up for it most games.

Except a young lad behind us that sings his heart out every game 👏👏👏

In fairness this is just one annoying chap … everyone else is sound 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 00rawat said:

Have to wait till Friday by the time that happens all the seats in singing section will be gone! 😢😭😭😭

Not sure how many will relocate, hard to gauge. However, worst case, get yourself in and around (possibly better off towards G block which is the left bit of the section if you look at the screenshot). Also, there might be some that end up moving out of the section freeing up a few more seats.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

In G1 it seems more and more are standing each week. Especially the last game of the season back 7 or 8 rows probably stood. 

It's a shame the bit in-between the singing section and G1 don't stand. We'd then be onto something good

This is exactly what I was saying yesterday, there is a lot of potential if both areas managed to merge and become an unofficial expanded singing section. Which is why I think moving into that bit left of the section (towards G1) should be the fallback for those who might not be able to get into the section itself.

19 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Got to try and get G1 and SK2 on it’s feet for it to grow.

What’s the likelihood of achieving that without upsetting some? Would a non club campaign for a big game work like the scarves up push?

1 minute ago, lebleu said:

What’s the likelihood of achieving that without upsetting some? Would a non club campaign for a big game work like the scarves up push?

You could run a ‘stand up if you love Leicester’ drive to try and get more stood perhaps.

• Like 1