Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
niyaminski

Singing Section Updates

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

You could run a ‘stand up if you love Leicester’ drive to try and get more stood perhaps.

I love that. Great name for it.

So to confirm.. there’s been no updates from the club as to any sort of development of the singing section for the 23/24 season?

Feels like they owe UFS at least a bit of communication after the way the players and manager showed their appreciation for the corner in the last few weeks.

25 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Anyone able to do an updated version of this?

Can't seem to find it🤔

Cheers in advance 👍 

The screenshot is from February, so won't have changed much since, as relocations will only open tomorrow.

Might be able to get an updated version when new ST bookings open on Friday.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, niyaminski said:

So to confirm.. there’s been no updates from the club as to any sort of development of the singing section for the 23/24 season?

Feels like they owe UFS at least a bit of communication after the way the players and manager showed their appreciation for the corner in the last few weeks.

Correct

On 12/05/2024 at 22:02, brucey said:

SK1 availability - blue seats are available for ST relocation

EDE604B8-7FAB-4EBF-BDBE-21711D19D40B.jpeg

Was hoping more people would move out the section. Especially in the middle part of it. A lot of them don’t sing and turn up every other game.

As per my post in another thread - I was informed by the club that they aren't allowing people to relocate to the singing section. I challenged this and Jim replied to say that there are only a few seats left and they are keeping them so Fox Members can sample the atmosphere there. I have pointed out that a. there should be communication to that effect as obviously there are a lot of frustrated people trying to relocate and b. this shows the demand so why not extend the section...

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, lcfc67 said:

As per my post in another thread - I was informed by the club that they aren't allowing people to relocate to the singing section. I challenged this and Jim replied to say that there are only a few seats left and they are keeping them so Fox Members can sample the atmosphere there. I have pointed out that a. there should be communication to that effect as obviously there are a lot of frustrated people trying to relocate and b. this shows the demand so why not extend the section...

Pretty basic really.

35 minutes ago, lcfc67 said:

I get the sentiment but awful (non existent) comms again make things harder than they need to be. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Pretty basic really.

Interestingly in his last email in response to my query re expanding the section, he said that it was unlikely given the abuse the club and the staff had received the last time this happened

Just now, lcfc67 said:

Interestingly in his last email in response to my query re expanding the section, he said that it was unlikely given the abuse the club and the staff had received the last time this happened

That’s going to happen but you can’t let criticism stop you. If you asked the players what they wanted, people in the same seats or a better atmosphere? They’ll choose the obvious. That then means a lot of effort by the club, which is where the problem will be.

We had this at Doncaster when we reconfigured the stadium. I got called “that new c**t from Lestah” amongst other things, but there was a plan and a reasoning behind the changes to the stadium.

We had multiple focus groups, meetings with the fans and other clubs who had done the same, commercial partners, literally everyone, with the ultimate goal being a better atmosphere and people in the right parts of the ground. It took months, was brutal but it worked.

You can offer scores of solutions to the “we’ve always sat here” brigade if you want to… but we never will do unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, RYM said:

That’s going to happen but you can’t let criticism stop you. If you asked the players what they wanted, people in the same seats or a better atmosphere? They’ll choose the obvious. That then means a lot of effort by the club, which is where the problem will be.

We had this at Doncaster when we reconfigured the stadium. I got called “that new c**t from Lestah” amongst other things, but there was a plan and a reasoning behind the changes to the stadium.

We had multiple focus groups, meetings with the fans and other clubs who had done the same, commercial partners, literally everyone, with the ultimate goal being a better atmosphere and people in the right parts of the ground. It took months, was brutal but it worked.

You can offer scores of solutions to the “we’ve always sat here” brigade if you want to… but we never will do unfortunately. 

Agreed - change isn't always easy but if you just give up when you get some complaints you never change anything. So telling that Enzo and the players always make a beeline to that corner of the ground. The connection is there and there is an obvious desire from the players and Enzo to build on that and make things better. The problem is the club administration don't seem to get it and how the club would benefit from building out the section and creating a better atmosphere for the team.  Let's not upset some of the incumbents even though the bigger picture says its needed and there are people who want to join in and improve the atmosphere.

As per Semper above there is indeed a golden opportunity when the ground is enhanced - use that as the excuse or whatever but it seems increasingly likely that opportunity will be ignored. 

Oh and where is the plan for safe standing - another opportunity to justify reconfiguration and change ?

26 minutes ago, lcfc67 said:

What a terrible attitude  - just have to expand it ourselves. Until issues come from people wanting to stand/sit and then the ultimate question will come around safe standing … 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc67 said:

Pretty simple solution; expand the section.

Not difficult to expand a black box on a website.

1 hour ago, lcfc67 said:

Maybe this what's holding up the extension because there's going to need to be a fair number of movers in the East Stand and they're not up to taking the abuse. :P

Perhaps UFS can put out an official statement/comms recommending certain rows and seats in G1/SK1 as unofficial singing sections for people to relocate into. A larger concentrated group of people can then join in the singing even if they have to stay mostly seated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfc67 said:

Heaven's forbid that fans create an atmosphere to spur the players on.

SITDOWN.jpeg

• Haha 4

It’s ok to say let’s go in g1 and around the corner but bottom line is you will still get the ones who fall like dominoes when the game starts.. we need people standing and surely the more people that do it the more the club will have to listen. 

that’s the catch 22 though, If people want to stand and others behind them don’t then what’s the solution? 

In my hearing at most games, I have the same miserable ****er constantly shouting at the lads to put the flags down. Often throwing whatever he can find down towards them. Bet he’s renewed his ticket in there but constantly moans 🙄

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, brucey said:

Perhaps UFS can put out an official statement/comms recommending certain rows and seats in G1/SK1 as unofficial singing sections for people to relocate into. A larger concentrated group of people can then join in the singing even if they have to stay mostly seated. 

The club won’t show us a seating plan.

Edited by SemperEadem

37 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Heaven's forbid that fans create an atmosphere to spur the players on.

SITDOWN.jpeg

Oh Christ, now they're all starting to kick off. This is getting like the shirt thread!

SITDOWN2.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

What a terrible attitude  - just have to expand it ourselves. Until issues come from people wanting to stand/sit and then the ultimate question will come around safe standing … 

The problem isn’t about expanding it, the focus should be on the people in the section taking up seats not singing. I sit round the corner and I can see the bottom 5 rows give it all and a large chunk don’t bother.

considering ST holders had to move who didn’t want to stand and sing all game to be taken up by people in that section who aren’t bothering is a p**s take. Forget expanding, get fans in that area to encourage the people in that section who are taking up a seat and not singing to actually make an effort. Start with that the volume will increase and the growth of the section with become organic 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

It’s ok to say let’s go in g1 and around the corner but bottom line is you will still get the ones who fall like dominoes when the game starts.. we need people standing and surely the more people that do it the more the club will have to listen. 

that’s the catch 22 though, If people want to stand and others behind them don’t then what’s the solution? 

In my hearing at most games, I have the same miserable ****er constantly shouting at the lads to put the flags down. Often throwing whatever he can find down towards them. Bet he’s renewed his ticket in there but constantly moans 🙄

This is why safe standing is imperative in my eyes.  Then NOBODY can ask you to sit down.  If they do they will get a two word answer.  I despise sitting at football, always have, it hasn't changed with age.  Standing is more conducive to singing and atmosphere and like minded individuals are more likely to choose tickets in those standing areas.  Two birds with one stone and all that..  But we need the club to have an interest in safe standing.  I have sent an email as suggested on here but large numbers of mails are needed to show a genuine interest in standing and singing section.

22 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Oh Christ, now they're all starting to kick off. This is getting like the shirt thread!

SITDOWN2.jpeg

Same folk who wanted Uptown Funk played instead of When You’re Smiling !?