Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
niyaminski

Singing Section Updates

40 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The club won’t show us a seating plan.

Isn't the seating plan just the same one as screenshotted above which we can all see when home tickets go on sale? Surely the relevant rows and seat numbers with the most free availability can be worked out from there? 

16 minutes ago, brucey said:

Isn't the seating plan just the same one as screenshotted above which we can all see when home tickets go on sale? Surely the relevant rows and seat numbers with the most free availability can be worked out from there? 

Ideally we should be using up to date info.

I want to relocate but have failed to get through today after over 90 attempts, then I had to go to work.

I've had a ST for over 14 years but, as I understand it, I rent the seat/seats over the course of the season,  but the club owns them.

If they needed me to move , with good reason, I'd move.

I'm amazed how many old people are in that stand and struggle with stairs/toilet access etc. 

Surely the club needs to ensure the atmosphere in enhanced to make it enjoyable for the future generations. 

PS I'm no spring chicken myself 😄

1 hour ago, JonnyBoy said:

The problem isn’t about expanding it, the focus should be on the people in the section taking up seats not singing. I sit round the corner and I can see the bottom 5 rows give it all and a large chunk don’t bother.

considering ST holders had to move who didn’t want to stand and sing all game to be taken up by people in that section who aren’t bothering is a p**s take. Forget expanding, get fans in that area to encourage the people in that section who are taking up a seat and not singing to actually make an effort. Start with that the volume will increase and the growth of the section with become organic 

I agree, there’s a small family that are near us that never sing, and don’t even watch the game. They literally just mess around the whole game, it’s weird. All adults btw 

• Like 1

On 14/05/2024 at 13:02, SemperEadem said:

Yeah when the club moved UFS down those who were in the 100 seats where not happy. Rights or wrongs of this is old hash but the move all round was handled poorly imo and very last minute.

This still today has knock ons.

That being said it is absolutely not a reason why any future developments can’t be done.

Christ if this is the attitude you just know the golden opportunity of reconfiguring the ground will be nonexistent.

Swear I read there is only 40 tickets for members in SK1 now. 
If the club won’t do anything those on G1 need to build on what SK1 has become.

23 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

G1 definitely seems livelier than SK2 which isn’t a huge complement tbt 

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Got offered a ST… none in the section so plan on staying as a member and fighting it out to get my hands on one of those 40 tickets each week.

All because the club refuse to expand the section.

8 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Got offered a ST… none in the section so plan on staying as a member and fighting it out to get my hands on one of those 40 tickets each week.

All because the club refuse to expand the section.

Reckon you would have been better off getting one as close to and just relocating during the season as and when seats come up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

G1 definitely seems livelier than SK2 which isn’t a huge complement tbt 

We do our bit.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread. Last game of the season at least the back 7 rows were standing which is brilliant. 

The bit of SK1 closest to G1 stand just need those lower down too and we're on to something 

• Like 1

Just now, CrazyKopCorner said:

hmmm not sure if SK2 do their but at all and is the reason SK1 are more or less on their own 

SK2 as a collective need to get their act together next season 

Those people in that block don't have any interest in that kind of support though, which ultimately is fair enough.

The people I can't personally understand is the people who for example stand at the very back of SK4. Like, obviously you want to stand and therefore probably want to sing a bit more than average, why position yourself 80 yards away from SK1? Doesn't make any sense to me. 

• Like 2

On 14/05/2024 at 09:19, SemperEadem said:

If the section fills this morning move over to G1 to begin the growth there.

Bit of a silly question but whereabouts is G1 can't find it on the map? Thanks in advance 

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Those people in that block don't have any interest in that kind of support though, which ultimately is fair enough.

The people I can't personally understand is the people who for example stand at the very back of SK4. Like, obviously you want to stand and therefore probably want to sing a bit more than average, why position yourself 80 yards away from SK1? Doesn't make any sense to me. 

Guess in principle it does make sense and you'd wonder why.

But just doesn't take into account the other stuff like if they'd formed groups, view of the pitch etc and other shit that may make you hesitant to stay. Especially if the club are being pains about moving over there 

9 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It is fair enough but I find it odd that as a club we don’t have more fans that are willing to vocally back the team. Section should have 2/3k 

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It is fair enough but I find it odd that as a club we don’t have more fans that are willing to vocally back the team. Section should have 2/3k 

It is a bit odd.  I can't imagine going to city and not wanting to make noise and sing.  It's half the reason I have always gone. The atmosphere. If I wanted to sit quietly and comfortably to watch a game I could do that at home. But.....everyone is different . Thinking back I don't think it's always been that different.  It was always pen 2 and pen 3 that made a noise back in the day. How many did those pens hold?  I'm guessing 1.5 to 2k each maybe??   The east stand would chip in sometimes at big games but it only held a handful. But that aside not much noise came from main stand or double decker.  I suppose if you had 4k in pens 2 and 3 then out of a capacity of 21,000, that's a bigger percentage making a noise than these days.  But there were still a lot of supporters didn't sing even back then.  I just think it's harder to get all the like minded singers congregating  together these days than it was back then as there are non singers in the areas in and around sk1 who wont move out

Just now, rugbyblue said:

It is a bit odd.  I can't imagine going to city and not wanting to make noise and sing.  It's half the reason I have always gone. The atmosphere. If I wanted to sit quietly and comfortably to watch a game I could do that at home. But.....everyone is different . Thinking back I don't think it's always been that different.  It was always pen 2 and pen 3 that made a noise back in the day. How many did those pens hold?  I'm guessing 1.5 to 2k each maybe??   The east stand would chip in sometimes at big games but it only held a handful. But that aside not much noise came from main stand or double decker.  I suppose if you had 4k in pens 2 and 3 then out of a capacity of 21,000, that's a bigger percentage making a noise than these days.  But there were still a lot of supporters didn't sing even back then.  I just think it's harder to get all the like minded singers congregating  together these days than it was back then as there are non singers in the areas in and around sk1 who wont move out

I mean I know it’s been said a lot but the club really doesn’t  help. They have offer zero help in trying to get like minded fans together. They could put social media posts out promoting the area or emails even. Like we say, everyone deserves to support the team how ever they want but if you look at Leeds for example, that south stand has 2/3k maybe more in there. Hopefully one day the section will look like the away end here does. Difficulty is getting the fans out that area who don’t want to vocally back the team and stand. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I mean I know it’s been said a lot but the club really doesn’t  help. They have offer zero help in trying to get like minded fans together. They could put social media posts out promoting the area or emails even. Like we say, everyone deserves to support the team how ever they want but if you look at Leeds for example, that south stand has 2/3k maybe more in there. Hopefully one day the section will look like the away end here does. Difficulty is getting the fans out that area who don’t want to vocally back the team and stand. 

I agree, the club doesn't help at all. As you say, it's all been said before 🙄

• Sad 1

If it was up to manager and players they would get as many in there as possible.

Owner and clubs don’t like it tho because a large group of ppl who can express unhappiness isn’t easy to manage.

They don’t care about a loud atmosphere even if they say they do. The lack of support proves it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

98 people were moved two seasons ago.

It appears the club won’t expand this area now due to how many unhappy emails Jim got at the time from them. 
Now id comfortably say not all 98 emailed. 

I would also say he got well over 98 emails regarding the loyalty tax, still ploughed on with that though.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Further around the bend as opposed to the other way behind the goal.

Ah my bad just seen that now when I whent back on, so whereabouts in G1 top, middle or bottom, or does it matter?