Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
niyaminski

Singing Section Updates

6 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That's where the curve in the stadium would be. You'd only get that when trying to buy tickets in the corners 

I did initially think that but I can't see it.  Sk1 is fairly straight up and down where the ufs lot stand and behind them.  The curve starts at G1 or just begore .  I dunno. 🤣. Thanks anyway

Edited by rugbyblue
  • Like 1

Move the singing section over to G1. I’m currently there and the atmosphere is pretty decent at the top. Anything to encourage the atmosphere to be better is thumbs up from me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Move the singing section over to G1. I’m currently there and the atmosphere is pretty decent at the top. Anything to encourage the atmosphere to be better is thumbs up from me.

I think over time it’ll naturally expand over to that bit anyway. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think over time it’ll naturally expand over to that bit anyway. 

What we need is to have more people standing outside the main square.. not sure what it is but people think it’s only standing within the area.. only then will the atmosphere improve.. trouble is they are in a catch 22, bite the bullet and stand but at the risk of upsetting someone behind you… 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

What we need is to have more people standing outside the main square.. not sure what it is but people think it’s only standing within the area.. only then will the atmosphere improve.. trouble is they are in a catch 22, bite the bullet and stand but at the risk of upsetting someone behind you… 

The simple solution is a safe standing area.......but that's another story

Edited by rugbyblue
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

The simple solution is a safe standing area.......but that's another story

Only if people literally stand up for what they believe in then maybe some action might be taken.. 

4 hours ago, MS0204 said:

Only if people literally stand up for what they believe in then maybe some action might be taken.. 

you could have the whole fanbase doing it and they won’t introduce safe standing … the club are just so weird about it and it’s not the only thing. 

7 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It would be a good start if the people who are already in the section actually sing. 

Vast amounts in the middle section don't bother 

Yeah there's too many people in there who want to be where the atmosphere is and to be able to stand, but don't contribute at all. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Before anyone jumps on me for asking "silly" questions, this is a genuine question that I just don't know the answer to.  There seems an argument that it is unfair to move fans to create a bigger singing section.  I assume that when the section was created, people who were moved into the singing section replied somewhere that they wished to sing and be part of a singing section.  If the section is to expand, which I hope it does, along with safe standing being introduced,  what's to stop non singers in sk1, G1 and maybe sk2 just saying they want to be part of the singing section to avoid being moved? 

Edited by rugbyblue

What intrigues me about the singing section is that every time I look over from SK4 (by the way i think the singing section is great so I’m not having a pop) they all seem to be standing….why don’t we all just stand…..we do at away games…..all away fans do at our ground too. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Denzel the fox said:

why don’t we all just stand

Because the ****er behind you will tell you to sit down again and it’s not worth the argument.
If not it’ll be the ****er behind him/her. 

That’d change if they introduced safe standing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

Before anyone jumps on me for asking "silly" questions, this is a genuine question that I just don't know the answer to.  There seems an argument that it is unfair to move fans to create a bigger singing section.  I assume that when the section was created, people who were moved into the singing section replied somewhere that they wished to sing and be part of a singing section.  If the section is to expand, which I hope it does, along with safe standing being introduced,  what's to stop non singers in sk1, G1 and maybe sk2 just saying they want to be part of the singing section to avoid being moved? 

The non singers is a tricky one. Not a lot can be done there, it’s more on the individual to ask themselves ‘look am I contributing to this area’.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The non singers is a tricky one. Not a lot can be done there, it’s more on the individual to ask themselves ‘look am I contributing to this area’.

It is a tough one.  Only truly solved by a standing area as mentioned previously.  Although I still can't fathom why if you don't sing and want to sit, people don't want to be moved.  There can't be that much attachment to a plastic seat and in fairness there are better views of the pitch in other areas if you go solely to sit and watch the game quietly.  We go in sk1 to sing, stand and to contribute to atmosphere 

2 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

Absolutely nothing, it's a large reason why the singing section is nowhere near as good as it could/should be. People too stubborn to move, so stay in singing section but refuse to sing. Even seen the odd person sitting down. Literally cutting your nose off to spite your face. But if they want to stay there is nothing stopping them. It's your classic lose-lose situation but some are very attached to 'THEIR SEAT'.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

It is a tough one.  Only truly solved by a standing area as mentioned previously.  Although I still can't fathom why if you don't sing and want to sit, people don't want to be moved.  There can't be that much attachment to a plastic seat and in fairness there are better views of the pitch in other areas if you go solely to sit and watch the game quietly.  We go in sk1 to sing, stand and to contribute to atmosphere 

Standing area won’t sort that, plenty stand in that area now but won’t join in singing. 
The club would do well to open up the fact you can move your seat at anytime and perhaps stress that this area is for the more vocally minded and that there are fans who want in but currently can’t.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Standing area won’t sort that, plenty stand in that area now but won’t join in singing. 
The club would do well to open up the fact you can move your seat at anytime and perhaps stress that this area is for the more vocally minded and that there are fans who want in but currently can’t.

The club could offer financial incentives to remove fans whose heart isn’t in it. This was discussed at the 90 minutes session, whether they do it is another thing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city

On the latest episode of BBC Radio Leicester's When You're Smiling podcast, fan group Union FS discussed the growing success of the singing section at King Power Stadium, which has been running for two seasons:

"It's come on a long way. You can really tell that there's been an improvement in each season.

"At the end of last season, it was quite telling with the amount of time Enzo [Maresca] and the players spent with the section during the trophy lap of honour. That was quite telling of how much of an impact it's had on the pitch.

"It's not just off the pitch, it's how it translates to the players and the fact we've had appreciation from them shows how the section has gone and how it's been received.

"Other fans have probably seen that and maybe made them appreciate it more and want to get involved more. If the players clearly appreciate this then that's how we can help them.

"That was the aim of the singing section when we set it up, to increase the support for the players on the pitch and moments like that are just nice.

"It's been a much more enjoyable way of watching and it can hopefully carry on next season."

Listen to the full episode on BBC Sounds

It was understandable why the players spent most time in front of SK1 but it would've been nice to show just a little bit of appreciation to the rest of us. Mads walked an entire lap, mostly on his own.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city

On the latest episode of BBC Radio Leicester's When You're Smiling podcast, fan group Union FS discussed the growing success of the singing section at King Power Stadium, which has been running for two seasons:

"It's come on a long way. You can really tell that there's been an improvement in each season.

"At the end of last season, it was quite telling with the amount of time Enzo [Maresca] and the players spent with the section during the trophy lap of honour. That was quite telling of how much of an impact it's had on the pitch.

"It's not just off the pitch, it's how it translates to the players and the fact we've had appreciation from them shows how the section has gone and how it's been received.

"Other fans have probably seen that and maybe made them appreciate it more and want to get involved more. If the players clearly appreciate this then that's how we can help them.

"That was the aim of the singing section when we set it up, to increase the support for the players on the pitch and moments like that are just nice.

"It's been a much more enjoyable way of watching and it can hopefully carry on next season."

Listen to the full episode on BBC Sounds

Thought they portrayed themselves very well.

13 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

The club could offer financial incentives to remove fans whose heart isn’t in it. This was discussed at the 90 minutes session, whether they do it is another thing. 

Paying miserable people who contribute nothing to move plastic chairs does seem incredibly King Power tbf.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It was understandable why the players spent most time in front of SK1 but it would've been nice to show just a little bit of appreciation to the rest of us. Mads walked an entire lap, mostly on his own.

What pissed me off most was that when the trophy got just past the halfway line along the east stand a ****ing photographer grabbed the trophy and ran across the pitch with it to the corner under the gallery in the west stand meaning none of that half of the east stand and the whole family stand got to see the trophy. 

What the **** was a photographer doing being allowed to take the trophy.