Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Blue Cards for Sin-Bins

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Ridiculous, can you imagine how shit the football will be from a team who has lost a player for 10 minutes?

The time wasting would be off the charts, player X gets a blue Cardin the 25th minute and is allowed back on in the 35th with no stop clock timing, I am certain at least 3 players would go down with cramp, the ball would be knocked around the back line for as long as possible - it would be horrible to watch.

I wish they’d think this through before introducing shite rules.

im all for it if they copy hockey and take the keeper off for an extra outfield when a player up 

I have been thinking that this might be a better way of dealing with perpetual offenders without sending them off for the rest of the game.

The professional foul, i.e. pulling back a player en-route to the goal area is, for me, a foul currently only penalized by a innocuous yellow card. I think the sin bin would be a useful deterrent to this cynical foul.

Edited by Smudge

The question is, why? 

I have a cynical opinion, but I think it’s just another little the favour for the mega clubs. Imagine if the likes of Mbappe could be in a position to be sent off, he could simply be told to sit down like a naughty boy for ten minutes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

I'm all for it if it stops players surrounding the referee on every dubious decision 

Surely, if refs used the yellow card correctly, consistently there's no need to change anything. 

If the referee is surrounded by 4 players, book 'em all. Simple. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

I'm all for it if it stops players surrounding the referee on every dubious decision 

Agreed. But sadly it almost certainly won't. But this is definitely the thing they need to do - actually do something about referee intimidation/abuse. It has to be absolute zero tolerance, and has to be enforced. There won't be any refs in the future otherwise - there's already a massive shortage in youth football, and I'm not surprised. I've seen a youth football coach shout "You're a f***ing disgrace" at a fifteen year old ref. The more it's seen and done and tolerated at the top levels the more it passes down to grassroots.

• Like 4

Referees already have in their armoury the ability for dealing with dissent, a yellow card.

Unfortunately match officials are their own worse enemy through being inconsistent and this will only add to football's problems.

It is a recipe for further confusion and disaster.

5 minutes ago, BertFill said:

Agreed. But sadly it almost certainly won't. But this is definitely the thing they need to do - actually do something about referee intimidation/abuse. It has to be absolute zero tolerance, and has to be enforced. There won't be any refs in the future otherwise - there's already a massive shortage in youth football, and I'm not surprised. I've seen a youth football coach shout "You're a f***ing disgrace" at a fifteen year old ref. The more it's seen and done and tolerated at the top levels the more it passes down to grassroots.

This, inform clubs over the summer of what will and won’t be tolerated and enforce them from the first whistle of the season. There may well be a flurry of red and yellow cards the first couple of games but it will soon change when clubs are missing  players through suspension and managers start to insist they behave. 

• Like 2

To be fair the top levels of the game do have an increasing problem of dissent, cynical fouls, shirt pulling and time wasting. 

We've all seen it, how teams look to commit fouls in just the 'right' area of the pitch to stop a transition/counter but not get a yellow. Or when players commit a cynical foul to stop a break and either don't get carded because they're a 'nice' player (Winks...) or they do but then another player takes the mantle for performing that kind of foul. 

But I don't think Blue cards and sin bins are the solution.

Why not just ask Refs to actually implement the existing rules?

Dissent? Yellow

Cynical foul on the transition? Yellow - regardless of who's doing it or where it is on the pitch

Time wasting? Yellow

And I wish Refs would stop giving 2nd yellows as if it's a red. If it's a yellow, it's a yellow and its the player's fault, not the refs, if they get sent off 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

Then they could introduce a giant joker card just like in It's A Knockout, and the team playing it could field all their subs for 10 minutes. 

I’ve given this a lot of thought over the last 24 hours and believe this would be brilliant - with the addendum that all the subs had to hop for those ten minutes. 

Maybe also include some giant rotating foam beams in the pitch like on Richard (The Hamster) Hammond’s Total Wipeout. They could spring out of the ground and hilariously knock over a winger and a centre forward clear on goal. Crowds would stay past 85 minutes for that shit, let me tell you. 

Dissent? Move the free kick forwards 10 yards. Same for cynical fouls/shirt pulling to break up forward play - yellow card and move the ball forward 10 yards.

Blue cards will just lead to time wasting and teams closing down for 10 minutes till they get their player back on. It won't work.

22 minutes ago, oldbluefox said:

Dissent? Move the free kick forwards 10 yards. Same for cynical fouls/shirt pulling to break up forward play - yellow card and move the ball forward 10 yards.

Blue cards will just lead to time wasting and teams closing down for 10 minutes till they get their player back on. It won't work.

They tried that before but  didn’t last long.