Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Best goal you've seen scored against us

36 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

In terms of actually being there, it has to be Di Maria's chip. One of those goals you just have to say fair play mate. Probably the highlight of his United career! Plus we ended up winning the game anyway 

Much less painful to recall when we ended up winning the match or at least drew as in the Bergkamp hat trick match

• Like 1

Harry Kane has scored about 18 goals against us. Going through his catalogue now. There must be some bangers.

Di Maria chip was outrageous because he was on the run. That goal is generally forgotten by the public because United lost the game in such an embarrassing fashion to a newly promoted team.

It’s been mentioned 100 times before and will be mentioned 100 times more, but that Bergkamp 3rd goal was unbelievable, I was in the North Stand that evening and it was equal parts a killer and sublime. Just different class to snything I’ve ever seen live on a football pitch  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, weller54 said:

Jimmy Greaves for Spurs at WHL...

Received the ball on the halfway line, turned and went past 5 defenders, around Shilton and put the ball into the empty net ..

Remember the photo on the back of the Sunday papers showing all our players on the floor with Greaves turning away to celebrate!

A prime example of the genius of Jimmy Greaves. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, murphy said:

I've never been one to appreciate opposition goals.  They all hurt, but if I absolutely had to pick one, it would be Ben Chilwell's millimetre offside disallowed goal agianst us in The FA Cup final.  That was beautiful!

Absolute scenes for about 5 seconds

• Haha 3

I always think Chalobah when this comes up. Remember it being a game of what felt like huge importance, must-win and he went and did that, and I couldn't even get angry. Didn't quite realise what would pan out in the next couple of weeks lol 

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Harry Kane has scored about 18 goals against us. Going through his catalogue now. There must be some bangers.

Di Maria chip was outrageous because he was on the run. That goal is generally forgotten by the public because United lost the game in such an embarrassing fashion to a newly promoted team.

The one where he was falling over forwards and still managed to strike it sweetly into the corner was pretty good. Amazing instinct and composure to pull that off.

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

Deeney !!!!

It's a shame it was against us, but those are goals and moments that make football magical.

It's weird how we had the opposite sensation on the final day of the league season and Knockaert being responsible for both!

It doesn't look as good watching it back on TV as it did live in the stadium,  but Victor Camarasa for Cardiff back in 18/19 was a cracker (injury time winner as well).

I was right behind the shot and it looked like it was going miles over the bar, then just watched in horror as it started to dip towards the top corner.

Edited by martyn

Just now, martyn said:

It doesn't look as good watching it back on TV as it did live in the stadium, but Victor Camarasa for Cardiff to win them the game 1-0 in the last minute was a cracker.

I was right behind the shot and it looked like it was going miles over the bar, then just watched in horror as it started to dip towards the top corner.

We went through a spell of conceding a fair few goals from that range. I remember anytime a player hit a ball from there I just accepted would end up in the top corner 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Light66999 said:

I remember that game very well. I believe Chris Weale was in goal, literally every goal was worthy of a goal of the season.

I’m not sure you remember it that well given Chris Weale signed for us 3 years after that match lol 

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Not been mentioned yet but another great goal was Jo Kuffour's volley for Bristol Rovers on the turn when we were in League 1.

IIRC we won that game 2-1 with two stoppage time goals from Fryatt.

It was mentioned on page 1.