Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Best goal you've seen scored against us

4 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Georgi Kinkladze in the FA Cup replay at Maine Road vs Man City in January 1996. Alan Ball was their manager and they pumped us 5-0. 

Kinkladze was an absolute Rolls Royce of a player and he scored an absolute gem of a goal, going on a jinking run and seemingly dribbling past half our team before scoring past Kevin Poole. 

it was in the very early days of Martin O’Neill and at that stage we were really poor as we transitioned from Mark McGhee’s brand of football. Best thing was at the time.Man City were awful and the ever obliging Leicester City managed to make them look like prime Real Madrid. 

on a good note for me, I was lucky enough to be invited into the players lounge after the game and got to meet my hero Steve Walsh, and despite the fact I was 22 years old, still managed to look all fanboy 😂

Kinkladze, what a throwback, he was a great player. As a young lad I used to get free tickets to see Derby quite a bit when he played there, whilst Derby were shite it was always exciting when he got the ball. Fabrizio Ravenelli was also a regular in that Derby side. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

A long range goal by George Lawrence of Southampton around 1986. I can somehow remember that but can't remember my PIN sometimes :dunno:.

The Dalglish consolation goal in our 2-1 win at Filbert Street, looking at it again is very good but maybe not spectacularly good but at the time, seeing the "Footy sticker that's worth 5 other footy stickers" in the flesh doing his thing just gave you goosebumps, I remember a polite rippling of applause from the home fans even though we were focused on City hanging on for the win. An iconic moment, he'd come on as sub, maybe player manager by then and was near the end of his career.

2 hours ago, Langston said:

I’m not sure you remember it that well given Chris Weale signed for us 3 years after that match lol 

It was mentioned on page 1. 

What game am I thinking of then? lol I think we lost 4-1 and every goal that was scored was a screamer. Pretty sure Jason Koumas was involed somehow... i hope my brain isn't breaking 😕

TAA goal against us in the 4-0 was good. They cheated though, it was never a pen. 

Lars Bohinen twice but was aided by Kevin Poole. 

Di Maria was special. Hated it. 

Matty Taylor in the title decider for Portsmouth. 

Bergkamp - all three.

To be honest, we cancelled all the great goals against us out after Vardy's volley against Liverpool in 15/16. That goal doesnt get the respect. It was the best goal I have ever seen (for or against) in a Leicester game. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Light66999 said:

What game am I thinking of then? lol I think we lost 4-1 and every goal that was scored was a screamer. Pretty sure Jason Koumas was involed somehow... i hope my brain isn't breaking 😕

You're thinking of Chris Brunt?

Jason Koumas never played for Wednesday. Brilliant football league player though.

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

TAA goal against us in the 4-0 was good. They cheated though, it was never a pen. 

Lars Bohinen twice but was aided by Kevin Poole. 

Di Maria was special. Hated it. 

Matty Taylor in the title decider for Portsmouth. 

Bergkamp - all three.

To be honest, we cancelled all the great goals against us out after Vardy's volley against Liverpool in 15/16. That goal doesnt get the respect. It was the best goal I have ever seen (for or against) in a Leicester game. 

It was sublime but imo not even his best for us. The volley over his shoulder against West brom and the finesse volley against Spurs were both better imo skill wise. He's scored some ridiculous goals for us

Di Maria's was so satisfying to watch I even actually enjoyed it and clapped, I'm sorry. The whole motion was just so fluid and /chefskiss. 

Probably the only time I think I can remember actually enjoying any goal scored against us. Naturally I was fvcking thrilled when we turned it round and smashed them though. 

Bergkamp's would probably still get my vote though. Just obnoxiously good. 

Importantly, both absolutely amazing games too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Di Maria's was so satisfying to watch I even actually enjoyed it and clapped, I'm sorry. The whole motion was just so fluid and /chefskiss. 

Probably the only time I think I can remember actually enjoying any goal scored against us. Naturally I was fvcking thrilled when we turned it round and smashed them though. 

Bergkamp's would probably still get my vote though. Just obnoxiously good. 

Importantly, both absolutely amazing games too. 

Best two home games in the last 1/4 century ish. Iconic games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Light66999 said:

No idea mate! The 4-1 against Wednesday had Chris Brunt scoring a couple if I remember right, fairly sure Rob Kelly was manager.

14 hours ago, J.Lisemore said:

Glenn Whelan for Wednesday when we lost 1-4 

That was an absolute joke of a game lol they scored three absolutely unbelievable goals, two of them about a minute apart as well. Couldn't believe my eyes.

That Burton cup loss in 2012 was similar as well, they just kept scoring ridiculously good goals.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

That was an absolute joke of a game lol they scored three absolutely unbelievable goals, two of them about a minute apart as well. Couldn't believe my eyes.

That Burton cup loss in 2012 was similar as well, they just kept scoring ridiculously good goals.

I always wondered what Huddersfield fans thought about that game where Knockaert scored from miles out and then the scorpion kick. You just know you was never meant to win that game lol