Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Soumaré - Sevilla currently - They have no cash

On 05/09/2024 at 06:25, RoboFox said:

Release him. Cut our losses. Surely the compo has to be less than another two years worth of his exorbitant wages? 

This dude makes the Adrien Silva signing look like the deal of the century. 

?

we can’t just break his contract and give him less money than he’s owed

• Like 1

On 08/09/2024 at 17:52, bald reynard said:

Arsenal to reject any bid from Galatasaray, so there is still a chance we can LET Soumare go (with great sorrow of course)!

Turkish window closes on Friday - so watch this space.

https://onefootball.com/en/news/report-arsenal-reject-galatasarays-interest-in-midfielder-40009845

On 06/09/2024 at 12:16, sm1 said:

Same here. Seeing his name on the bench last game, over guys like Hamza, who may not be the greatest player but gives 100% all the time, pisses me off. The guy has openly said he doesn't want to be here, performs like he doesn't want to be here, but is still in the matchday squad, over someone who'll literally run through a brickwall for us.

A lot is made of managers ‘trusting’ certain players. Usually, these aren’t the best players but are reliable… and vice versa. 

How any manager can trust Soumaré to impact a game (whether that’s creating or solidifying), even for a brief spell at the end is beyond me.

As people have said, he likely does possess some talent, but we’ve not seen much of it here, let alone any application of effort.

Shame really, for us and him. 

54 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Today the last day we can get rid then?

He isn’t going anywhere today

there have been few links 

and cooper will use him - there is a player in there but I just can’t see him developing the nouse required in the PL. if we’re optimistic then maybe Brendan didn’t put in the hard yards to coach him and cooper could.   Straw clutching at its best. 

• Like 2

We have 8 central midfielders for 3 positions, 5 of which are competition for 2 double pivot roles and then 3 for the 10 role in Bounanotte, El Khannouss and Alves. You could also argue Reid and Ricardo would cover the midfield as well.

It's a big amount of players when you consider our trimmed number of defenders. 

I'm amazed we've not admitted defeat and loaned Soumare out again.

Assuming he stays this is going one of two ways. Either he’ll now feel settled here, get his head straight and play his way into the squad/team. Or he’ll lose interest, put on weight and we’ll never hear from him again. Hoping for the former, probably expecting the latter.

12 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Assuming he stays this is going one of two ways. Either he’ll now feel settled here, get his head straight and play his way into the squad/team. Or he’ll lose interest, put on weight and we’ll never hear from him again. Hoping for the former, probably expecting the latter.

I sound like a broken record about Bouba.

But Cooper not bombing him out of the squad and getting him training with the kids is beggars belief.

How we have so many midfielders in our bloated squad is madness and another mark against Cooper/Rudkin for me.

I know we are terrible at flogging players but soumare was playing champions league football last year, he was rated highly, did fairly well from the fan reviews. 

How we couldn’t even sort out a half decent loan is beyond words. 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I know we are terrible at flogging players but soumare was playing champions league football last year, he was rated highly, did fairly well from the fan reviews. 

How we couldn’t even sort out a half decent loan is beyond words. 

did he perform well in the champions league? just being part of that doesnt mean anything. people keep saying there's a player in there without anything to back it up.

he's shit

Edited by don_danbury
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, brookfox said:

I think it will go one of one ways, and it won't be the first scenario you suggested. He's shown nothing since Day 1.

9 hours ago, don_danbury said:

did he perform well in the champions league? just being part of that doesnt mean anything. people keep saying there's a player in there without anything to back it up.

he's shit

I’m amazed anyone thinks he’s anything less than useless

19 hours ago, don_danbury said:

he's shit

i think he had some good games actually. Early in the season (while they were in it) their fans were desperate to sign him. He lost motivation after they revealed they didn’t have the money to sign him 

he’s not good here but in slower paced leagues he’s good enough at a top level 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

i think he had some good games actually. Early in the season (while they were in it) their fans were desperate to sign him. He lost motivation after they revealed they didn’t have the money to sign him 

he’s not good here but in slower paced leagues he’s good enough at a top level 

fair enough, i havent seen him in any other leagues to judge.