Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Soumaré - Sevilla currently - They have no cash

5 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Always looked pretty decent from a technical perspective, however my concern has always been his work rate. He was often just jogging back on the turnover and didn't look to be trying particularly hard to recover possession. 

If Cooper can instill that work rate in him I do think that there is a player in there who could be a useful member of the squad, but ultimately it comes down to how much he wants to be a success. 

I'm not sure that a work ethic is something that can be instilled. It's something you either have or don't have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's almost impossible to coach work rate and motivation. I can't think of any real turnarounds in that regard, on the level that this guy would require. 

There are occasions where talented but lazy players get going for a certain manager or club.

Ben Arfa and Adel Taarabt spring to mind. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

There are occasions where talented but lazy players get going for a certain manager or club.

Yep, if you've played football at any level you meet that sort of player relative to the level, suddenly a new manager comes in or something happens and they're reborn. 

8 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Yep, if you've played football at any level you meet that sort of player relative to the level, suddenly a new manager comes in or something happens and they're reborn. 

Soumare is no Jesus or Lazurus......

4 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Do I need to go to Specsavers or does he look to have lost some weight/ bit leaner? Don't know if this translates into faster.

And the STD clinic, maybe the vets and the church for redemption.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Difference is they played in positions where they could get away with being lazy. Taarabt at QPR could also get away with it as he was their best player, he rarely turned up for training apparently but they let him do what he liked pretty much as he'd turn up and win them games.

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's almost impossible to coach work rate and motivation. I can't think of any real turnarounds in that regard, on the level that this guy would require. 

Exactly. He’s just not up to the tempo of the premier league. 

16 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I think the fact that you've had to go back what 12 or 13 years for that example makes the point.

He doesn't have any game awareness. By the time he spots danger it's too late, and he doesn't have the pace to get back, thereby giving the impression he's lazy. He's not, he's just not good enough. Sell him and take the loss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I very much doubt we’ve given Vardy a new contract on £140k a week.

Think that’s what he was rumoured to be on last time we were in the Prem. Would’ve been less last year with relegation clause. 

Imagine his new contract is probably what £80k - £100k a week? Probably still one of the higher earners 

40 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

A friend of a friend serviced Daka's car (or something similar) and he'd left a payslip showing he cleared £171K a month - Not sure if that's an urban myth? 

After tax it might be around the 70-80k if true.

• Haha 1