Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Soumaré - Sevilla currently - They have no cash

51 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

A friend of a friend serviced Daka's car (or something similar) and he'd left a payslip showing he cleared £171K a month - Not sure if that's an urban myth? 

10 minutes ago, slymunn said:

After tax it might be around the 70-80k if true.

7 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

That was after tax i.e £75K / £80K a week which ties in with the above 

Based on what his rumoured salary is (80k/week), I’d expect him to be taking home around 170k/month after tax 

but the ‘left payslip in the car’ Facebook post is not uncommon !

19 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Based on what his rumoured salary is (80k/week), I’d expect him to be taking home around 170k/month after tax 

but the ‘left payslip in the car’ Facebook post is not uncommon !

Can't remember the last time I had a hard copy of a payslip. 

Thought they bit the dust with cheque books. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How long has Bouba got left on his contract?

I can’t be dealing with the “Will he? Won’t he?” 

He’s not good enough to play in the PL, don’t be fooled by the odd diagonal that I can do in my late 30’s and played at Sunday League level.

Any player who is not really part of the plans and is on decent wages let's move them on. 80k a week is 5.million a year. That may get us a loan or two in. Ayew as a striker? He grafts but he does not score many. We have lost KDH. Lots of.goals.and assists. We have to replace that and if we do not we won't stay up. If anyone thinks Daka is going to suddenly become a footballer is sadly mistaken.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

How long has Bouba got left on his contract?

I can’t be dealing with the “Will he? Won’t he?” 

He’s not good enough to play in the PL, don’t be fooled by the odd diagonal that I can do in my late 30’s and played at Sunday League level.

2 years left

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

2 years left

I feared that.

So with amortization, would we have to sell him this summer for around £7/8m?

Our midfield options of Hamza, Bouba and 2024 Wilf are such a depressing and limiting bunch (obviously not including Winks in that camp).

Just now, Finnegan said:

His remaining book value is approximately 6.8m

I almost commented earlier on your lack of appreciation for Country Crisp cereal but glad I didn’t know mate 🙌🏻

I’m going to ask a seriously dumb question - if we sold him for his book value but subsidised his wages for the remaining two years….would that hurt us too much from a PSR perspective?

Or is another season long loan with a minimal loan fee the most likely outcome?

• Haha 1

I don't actually know much about wage subsidies in the real world. It's a mechanic in Football Manager but I don't know if and how much it happens in real life and how it would be managed in terms of FFP / PSR if it did. I think a lot of the mechanics around transfers in Football Manager are there for game balance just as much as realism. Amortisation, for example, doesn't happen in the game IIRC but you can pay a club in installments which... uh. 

When a football club "buys" a player, what they're actually buying is the rights to his contract, when we sell someone, we clear out his book value in that current season and then have no contractual obligation to him because he gets a new contract with his new club. So I'm not really sure how continuing to pay a portion of his wages would go? 

I imagine in reality you'd negotiate a lower fee with the buying club to compensate? No idea tbh. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't actually know much about wage subsidies in the real world. It's a mechanic in Football Manager but I don't know if and how much it happens in real life and how it would be managed in terms of FFP / PSR if it did. I think a lot of the mechanics around transfers in Football Manager are there for game balance just as much as realism. Amortisation, for example, doesn't happen in the game IIRC but you can pay a club in installments which... uh. 

When a football club "buys" a player, what they're actually buying is the rights to his contract, when we sell someone, we clear out his book value in that current season and then have no contractual obligation to him because he gets a new contract with his new club. So I'm not really sure how continuing to pay a portion of his wages would go? 

I imagine in reality you'd negotiate a lower fee with the buying club to compensate? No idea tbh. 

My understanding in reality is similar to this. 

Then it’s then potentially settled with the annual contract bonus etc

1 hour ago, Out Foxed said:

deffo not cereal

With a bit of blue top (or if really wanting to push the boat out) a bit of gold top milk and it’s up there as a quality cereal 😎

Country Crisp as a cereal over Soumare as a PL midfielder any day of the week.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

So that makes Daka’s remaining book value around 8m? 

About 8.8 probably, yeah. 

If we sold him for something like 15m (which would be nearly 18m euros) we'd have just north of 6m in "profit" in this season's books. 

Meaning you could probably reinvest that in a striker worth 20-30m without taking much of a hit this season. 

I think his actual value has probably dropped below that though. However much I'm willing to defend him, the truth of the matter is he's had three consecutive seasons managing barely over a 1000 minutes in each. 

Selling him for 10m or less (which is more likely) would probably be worse than just loaning him out for the season for a half decent fee tbf. 

Edited by Finnegan