Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Soumaré - Sevilla currently - They have no cash

On 30/07/2024 at 07:13, SafewayFox said:

I almost commented earlier on your lack of appreciation for Country Crisp cereal but glad I didn’t know mate 🙌🏻

I’m going to ask a seriously dumb question - if we sold him for his book value but subsidised his wages for the remaining two years….would that hurt us too much from a PSR perspective?

Or is another season long loan with a minimal loan fee the most likely outcome?

The wage is still going in the expense list in that scenario, it’s still lowering it for us but obviously is still a bad deal. 

Let’s say we sold him for the amortization amount of 7m and his salary was 80k (idk) we pay 40k of it to get the deal done.

we could then sign a player for 21 m on a 3 year contract, but the wage would have to be 40k for us to not worsen the situation. Or we would pay a lower fee and higher wages 15 m amortized is 5m so a spare 2m each season to add to the wages and be in the same situation. 

Basically then we sell that player after 2 years and start again 😅

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

About 8.8 probably, yeah. 

If we sold him for something like 15m (which would be nearly 18m euros) we'd have just north of 6m in "profit" in this season's books. 

Meaning you could probably reinvest that in a striker worth 20-30m without taking much of a hit this season. 

I think his actual value has probably dropped below that though. However much I'm willing to defend him, the truth of the matter is he's had three consecutive seasons managing barely over a 1000 minutes in each. 

Selling him for 10m or less (which is more likely) would probably be worse than just loaning him out for the season for a half decent fee tbf. 

Can see us keeping Daka but, for me, it makes no sense if we send Cannon out on loan?!

Daka isn’t a lone striker and the only way I can see him working is in a two with Cannon (and then one of Fatawu/Reid/Mav behind).

Daka and Vardy as a partnership makes no sense whatsoever and neither can function as a loan striker. 

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Can see us keeping Daka but, for me, it makes no sense if we send Cannon out on loan?!

Daka isn’t a lone striker and the only way I can see him working is in a two with Cannon (and then one of Fatawu/Reid/Mav behind).

Daka and Vardy as a partnership makes no sense whatsoever and neither can function as a loan striker. 

Patson Daka would be just fine playing up front as a central 9. 

Would he score 20 goals? Probably not. Could we find better? I think we all hope so. 

But this idea that he can't play on his own up front is one of the daftest bits of rhetoric that certain sections of our fanbase refuse to stop parroting from each other based on pretty much nothing.

I imagine Daka and Vardy will almost certainly be in the match day squad come Tottenham with Cannon left out if he's even still here, which he probably won't be given half the Championship seem to want him on loan. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Patson Daka would be just fine playing up front as a central 9. 

Would he score 20 goals? Probably not. Could we find better? I think we all hope so. 

But this idea that he can't play on his own up front is one of the daftest bits of rhetoric that certain sections of our fanbase refuse to stop parroting from each other based on pretty much nothing.

I imagine Daka and Vardy will almost certainly be in the match day squad come Tottenham with Cannon left out if he's even still here, which he probably won't be given half the Championship seem to want him on loan. 

Except it’s not based on nothing though is it? 

It’s also not extremely daft to think this. 

At Salzburg he flourished in a 2.

Here, he hasn’t shown he can lead the line by himself.

On 30/07/2024 at 06:53, markko said:

Any player who is not really part of the plans and is on decent wages let's move them on. 

I'm guessing you don't realise how transfers work with that comment.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Last season he came in to the team after months on the side-lines and played as a central 9. We hadn't scored more than 2 in a game in seven games.

He immediately scored and assisted in a 4 - 0 win, we then scored 3 goals each in our next 3 games with Daka personally scoring or assisting 5 times in the 4 games.

He's got no problem leading the line on his "own." I've had this rant a hundred times, no footballer is ever "lone" and the idea that any modern striker needs to be playing with a striker partner is just moronic. 

Daka has plenty of other problems, he's by no means perfect, he wasted a hatful of chances in his cameos last year and ended up being dropped again for Vardy who was far more consistent finishing. But actually playing and fitting in to the system wasn't Daka's problem and the team arguably looked more balanced with him starting than any other forward at the club.

Some strikers are better in 2’s, some are better by themselves. Some excel at both.

You make a fair point but I disagree with you. Daka is a good pressing forward and would partner someone like Fullkrug or a Morata style striker quite well. 

Dakas only consistent and covincing spell in his career came while playing alongside one of ,Berisha, Haaland or Keita. He excelled in 4-3-1-2/4-2-2-2’s. 

It’s not a moronic idea in Dakas case, neither would it be with many other strikers…look at Lautaro Martinez for example: unreal as a pair but none of the powerhouses in Europe who play a lone striker have gone in for him. 

I think the fact you’ve had this rant hundreds of times says a lot.

Take care and stay safe. 

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Going to make a terrible loan offer with an option to buy clause that they obviously wont use aren't they?

Surely when it comes to moving players on we've learned that options to buy aren't worth a shit? Obligation or fxxk off!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Poor player for a poor player. Abraham isnt the same player he was at Chelsea and Aston Villa, he's lost all confidence now.

Just think of the confidence he'll regain when he has our dynamic attacking midfielders - Ndidi and Chaudhary - creating a wealth of chances for him...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 1972 Fox said:

As useless as he is, let's make sure we get someone in first before reducing our quad further without a replacement.

I’d rather watch Steve Cooper curl one out in the centre circle than have any chance of watching Soumare play again.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sm1 said:

He's another one who's destined to be loaned out like Slimani and Praet, and then walk away for free. I can't believe we actually saw him play and then signed him.

he was very good and , by some, considered one of the hottest prospects in Europe when we signed  him. I just don’t think he likes it in England. I don’t think that he’s a bad player.

Roma.....?   They will offer to pay 10% of his wages and he will then return with shorter unexpired contract and will he will have an even lower value.  Even with an obligation to buy, we all know Rudders will end up taking one  for the Club in 12 months time. 

Not an option.

• Like 1