Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Soumaré - Sevilla currently - They have no cash

4 hours ago, don_danbury said:

based on what? he's proper shit

I mean he's not though, he's a perfectly competent player in the right system, but he either lacks the tactical nouse or the attitude and application to play any other role. that's technically fine but other issues, capable of being a good player if you build a system to his strengths, not proper shit, unable to perform regardless of system (e.g. Josh Low)

27 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's not the signing him that frustrates me, you take a gamble, sometimes they pay off, sometimes they don't. It's the inability to get rid of people that pisses me off.

That's because they were purchased for silly fees and put on ridiculous contracts that most European teams can't match. €20m is about twice as much as we we can realistic hope to retrieve for Soumare. If Roma offered €10m, I'd snap their hands off. 

10 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

That's because they were purchased for silly fees and put on ridiculous contracts that most European teams can't match. €20m is about twice as much as we we can realistic hope to retrieve for Soumare. If Roma offered €10m, I'd snap their hands off. 

I agree

but rudder’s spreadsheet probably says 20m so unless he gets that he can’t move on 

I wonder if he knows that € and £ are different ? 

Do we need to explain how PSR works again??  If we bought him for Eur30M say, he is still worth Eur18M in the books, accept anything less than that as we have a loss which takes up some of our PSR losses for the year.  So cutting our losses has implications and we are better off loaning him out again.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Do we need to explain how PSR works again??  If we bought him for Eur30M say, he is still worth Eur18M in the books, accept anything less than that as we have a loss which takes up some of our PSR losses for the year.  So cutting our losses has implications and we are better off loaning him out again.

The point though, is that we’ve known all of that for 3 1/2 months since we were promoted. 

I can understand the new manager wanting to take a look before selling… but the interested parties should have been sold to and ready to buy if and when the manager decides to get rid.

We just don’t seem to have any forward planning or professionalism in our dealings. I’m starting to think that may be overwork on our DOF not totally down to his incompetence 

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

What a load of cr*p this is! (Not you)

Surely more times than not, transfers don't work out for the better and clubs lose out.... Every transfer comes with a BIG risk (Form, Injury, Personal issues) for the club to be punished for this a few years later?!

This is not encouraging clubs to make moves and try to improve squads?!

• Like 2

Roma basically pranking us now, Roma press reporting they are pushing for Soumare, and we will entertain a €15m bid or equally willing entertain a loan. Gtfo Roma.

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 hours ago, fkas said:

Surely there's someone Roma are willing to swap and that we need. We can then agree to swap at whatever value works. 

Makeweight in a deal for Tammy Abraham? Add a classy young midfielder in Bove who wants out as he wants more game time? Eldor Shomurodov the big Uzbek striker, could he do a job for us? Let's get creative for a change.

Tammy hasn't been been playing well since 2020/21 but is on decent money...  Not for us. 

14 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Tammy hasn't been been playing well since 2020/21 but is on decent money...  Not for us. 

Mainly due to injury. I'd roll the dice and take the risk. Particularly if it was pretty much a straight switch with Soumare who we know is a burden.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, fkas said:

Mainly due to injury. I'd roll the dice and take the risk. Particularly if it was pretty much a straight switch with Soumare who we know is a burden.

Too big a risk for me. We are going to need goals to have any chance of staying up & Tammy would be a massive gamble.

You wouldn’t get a more ideal loan striker from abroad than tammy. Removes the half season of learning the league. He would be a really good fit but the problem is they are demanding too much cash for him. 

4 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Need to get this off my chest. What a total waste of space Soumare is. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Never been up for the fight. I would say the poorest attitude of any player we've ever purchased. 

Where's he going?

4 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Need to get this off my chest. What a total waste of space Soumare is. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Never been up for the fight. I would say the poorest attitude of any player we've ever purchased. 

Got to shift him first