Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Soumaré - Sevilla currently - They have no cash

Extremely poor player and possibly the worst of the poor signings we have made since winning the Premier League.

For a start doesn’t track back or get goal side, he’s a five a side or playground player at best. We have well and truly had our pants down on this one. If we can recoup anything for him at all then that would be a steal.

Don’t get me started on Danny ‘dad dive’!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've done my best to ignore his existence. He's been an embarrassment to the club - as a drain on the wage bill and as a lazy bugger on the pitch. When players who do put a shift in see this slug doing nothing, then there's going to be ill-feeling in the squad. Next season we'll need lads who are committed to City - even a free transfer would be advantageous.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, floz said:

Always thought he looked like he was trying to control a tennis ball. 

We saw the change in Wilf, a player who has always been tackle and lay off quickly to a player who was able to play the ball. A man who already has all the technical ability, just needs to be calmer on the ball, is definitely within Enzo's ability 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Enzo could turn Soumaré into a player. There were glimpses (albeit few and far between) and he has the raw attributes. Combined with that I imagine no one will pay enough to cover our outlay on him, he’ll either go out on loan or Enzo will have to utilise him.

Get rid if he's got time on his contract. He'll try to walk it down and make the most of it so we need to capitalise on the asset.

He was also woeful and I don't think he'll ever be up to the standard we should expect from a midfielder.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we need to sell, even if Enzo stays and is able to coach him. 

I’ve long hoped he’d come good as he has so much potential and the attributes physically but his contract expires I think season after next and we can’t risk him running down his contract - we’ve seen what having too many players with expiring contracts did to us. 

18 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think we need to sell, even if Enzo stays and is able to coach him. 

I’ve long hoped he’d come good as he has so much potential and the attributes physically but his contract expires I think season after next and we can’t risk him running down his contract - we’ve seen what having too many players with expiring contracts did to us. 

More like we can’t risk seeing him plod around with the hazard perception of a suicidal lemming.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He is a good player. Maybe it was just to much pressure here first time as a young player.

I'm certain Enzo could get the best out of him.

Lets not go overboard he averages less than one assist a season, Sevilla have had their worst season in 25 years with Soumare in their midfield, his presence in ours ended in relegation.

7 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Lets not go overboard he averages less than one assist a season, Sevilla have had their worst season in 25 years with Soumare in their midfield, his presence in ours ended in relegation.

I know your not suggesting that he's the reason they had a poor season. The fact they want to retain him is encouraging. I'm also convinced Enzo could get the best out of him. He's big, Athletic and comfortable on the Ball.

Unless we can unearth another good but risky talent.

He could be a cheaper option.

But it's all ifs and buts until the Enzo situation is sorted first.