Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Soumaré - Sevilla currently - They have no cash

It’s been a pretty poor move from day one to  be honest and we are obviously going to lose money on him.   It’s probably best to get whatever we can for him now and accept the loss . I realize it will be a FFP loss but it ain’t gonna get any better 

Just now, gurru991 said:

It’s been a pretty poor move from day one to  be honest and we are obviously going to lose money on him.   It’s probably best to get whatever we can for him now and accept the loss . I realize it will be a FFP loss but it ain’t gonna get any better 

Aren’t we always going to be worse off this way? We would let him go at a loss and have to replace him:dunno:
It’s money not football I know, but we need to a little conscious of this.  :(

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Aren’t we always going to be worse off this way? We would let him go at a loss and have to replace him:dunno:
It’s money not football I know, but we need to a little conscious of this.  :(

The alternative is to bring him into training camp and see what Steve Cooper can do with him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The alternative is to bring him into training camp and see what Steve Cooper can do with him

We have seen more ridiculous retribution stories (just about) in Jannik, so you never know!

• Like 1

I am holding out hope that Cooper sorts him out and comes good.  In the same way I'm holding out hope that Gareth Southgate somehow develops tactical nouse and get an England side to put on a display that doesn't put you into a coma.

Two years left - that should mean we sell him this summer to avoid him deciding next summer to see his contract out and leave for nowt. 

even if we can only get £8m, we should do that get his wages off the books and minimal damage to psr via his amortised value. 

of course if we get 8 then we likely have to agree to cover 4m ( 2m per season) re his wage differential elsewhere in europe (he’ll get 40k/week max). 
So we really need to get 12 to neutralise that additional cost..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Two years left - that should mean we sell him this summer to avoid him deciding next summer to see his contract out and leave for nowt. 

even if we can only get £8m, we should do that get his wages off the books and minimal damage to psr via his amortised value. 

of course if we get 8 then we likely have to agree to cover 4m ( 2m per season) re his wage differential elsewhere in europe (he’ll get 40k/week max). 

We'll have just under £7m left of his £17m on the books. So £10m would hopefully be enough to clear that and pay him off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We'll have just under £7m left of his £17m on the books. So £10m would hopefully be enough to clear that and pay him off.

Sevilla’s option was around £13m which I think reflects break even on amortisation, wage balance pay off and his loyalty bonus 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is no chance of us getting £12m for him. We’re into a new year now, so I would rather take a bit of a hit on him now rather than have him leave on a free in two years. 
£6-8m would be good for me if we can find a buyer. 

13 minutes ago, Viva said:

There is no chance of us getting £12m for him. We’re into a new year now, so I would rather take a bit of a hit on him now rather than have him leave on a free in two years. 
£6-8m would be good for me if we can find a buyer. 

6-8 if they take on his 80k/week for two seasons would work (effectively 10-12) 

if it’s without then we’re only receiving a fee of 2-4 adjusting for the wage difference 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sevilla’s option was around £13m which I think reflects break even on amortisation, wage balance pay off and his loyalty bonus 

We wouldn't take 4m on Iversen who didn't owe us anything, Rudkin would want more than break even.

Edited by coolhandfox